Page 191 of 217 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3242

His father says he thinks he will retire and he wants to be a one club man but would be good value to both us and the ‘Ponies ... not much except bs from him.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I can see him likely to do either. I can't see him wanting to muddy his reputation with the Broncos mess. So I think it'll be us (Which would be a positive and exciting experience) or retire being a one-club man.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I honestly think he'll hang up the boots and stay a one club man tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    There is a bit of momentum about SMITH to Broncos, with Kev WALTERS to coach.
    Yea Walters-Cam would be a draw for him. If Walters dives in, Kevin may even call Smith and ask for his help. Also offer a pathway to coaching, possibly assistant coach after retirement. Just my own speculations here.

We do have Mal at the Titans. So there is the old QLD link and the Kangaroos link.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I honestly think he'll hang up the boots and stay a one club man tbh.
    I agree. That would be massive to be a one club man in this era.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Interesting. Zero tackle has Cameron Smiths wage for this year @$800k. I guess there is about $200k in TPAs to top it up. That’s almost Cartwrights wage for the year. Seems doable.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Could do a back ended deal and give him peacheys money too in 2021. There's alot more upside and less pressure coming here then the broncos. Not getting my hopes up though I think he'll retire and storm will win the comp this year to send him out a legend

Inactive User

https://twitter.com/smh/status/1297259607228915712?s=21

Drongoes cheating the cap
    No surprise it’s not Badel or the Courier Mail breaking it

Guys on 360 reckon he won't come to us and we can't fit Smith in the cap. Also said that apparently Dennis watt rang the storm and told them we haven't spoken to Smith, I find that abit strange

I'd take Cam Mccinnes in a heartbeat but the Dragons would be stupid to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

Yeh the secret payment deals may come out.. no wonder they could sign players for cheaper then others

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'd take Cam Mccinnes in a heartbeat but the Dragons would be stupid to let him go.
    I'd love to get him if we can't get one of the Smiths. I think it was Just-a-Fan who first suggested it but with Ben Hunt blocking him for the next 2 years and the rise of Adam Clune preventing Hunt's return to halfback he may not want to be stuck at lock long term. McInnes is the ultimate team player and could end up as captain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Yeh the secret payment deals may come out.. no wonder they could sign players for cheaper then others
    This TPJ stuff is gonna be explosive. Broncs may finally get some comeuppance for their blatant salary cap rorting that they've been doing for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

Looks like they pissed off the wrong guy who isn't afraid of paying some back taxes to take down the team that is rail roading him.

First Grader

Jaimine Jolliffe extends for 2 more years. Good news

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Jaimine Jolliffe extends for 2 more years. Good news
    Email from the Titans.

Titans front-rower Jaimin Jolliffe has confirmed he will be staying on the Gold Coast for another two years, with the prop locked in until the end of 2022.

The 23-year-old has been a revelation for the Titans this season, having arrived at the Club in the pre-season on a train and trial contract with no guarantee that he would be included in the main squad.

Jolliffe not only forced his way into the squad but had made his NRL debut by Round One and has since established himself in the starting side.

The Wagga-Wagga product came to the Gold Coast via a stint at the Newtown Jets and says he is thrilled to be extending his stay in Queensland.

“I’m super excited,” Jolliffe said.

“Just to be a part of it, I want to be here and I want to have success with the Club and I really think we are building to something special.

“I’m really excited for the next few years but before that we need to finish off this year on a high.

“Each week I’m not focussing on next year or the week after, I’m just focussing on each week, I’m doing my study and I’m doing my review and I’m just trying to do the little things and each week get better bit by bit.”

Jolliffe says he is learning off the experienced members of the Titans pack.

“I’m having conversations with (Jarrod) Wallace and Sam Lisone and we are always sort of bouncing off each other and I’m always after feedback,” he said.

“Whenever I get the chance I always talk to Ryan James as well who is a veteran of the club and a great footballer and I’m getting in his ear and having a yarn to see what I can do better.”

Jolliffe’s next test comes against a big Dragons pack in Round 16, but he is also eyeing strong performances for the Titans final two home games against Brisbane and Newcastle at Cbus Super Stadium.

Regards,

The Gold Coast Titans Membership team
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Great news