Page 190 of 217 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3242

i played juniors with him, hes definitely not a hooker and never has been

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I always thought he was a half. I thought we were blissing him via hooker to get used to contact.

Has he got this far as a hooker? He’s not a hooker is he?
    Correct JB, he’s always been a 6 or 7 until he played ISC where he played dummy half off the bench to ease him in. Played some junior rep footy in recent years at 14 as well.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/23/...-for-decision/

The Storm think Smith is close to making a decision and could be announced some time this week.

When asked if his club had held any discussions with Smith over a contract for next season, Titans head of performance and culture Mal Meninga said "none at all".

He confirmed Gold Coast would love to land Brandon Smith or Grant if they were available but there was little they could do on that front until Cameron Smith made his call.

"We understand the situation. We respect that it's Cameron’s decision," he said on Fox Sports.

"I think you've got a whole heap of clubs waiting in the wings for that decision so realistically if Cameron's got to tell everyone or tell the Melbourne Storm he's going to play on then and all the other blocks will follow.

"There certainly is [interest in Brandon Smith and Grant] but every club would be chasing those two guys. It all hinges on what Cameron wants to do."

I'm predicting this to be the biggest week in our short History.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I'm predicting this to be the biggest week in our short History.
    It's happening...

Inactive User

Do you gents have any fresh articles or links to share or is it just a vibe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Only thing I read on Fox was that he won’t be at the Storm that I’ve seen. I’m of the opinion that we should be greatful for what we have and we have Fifita for next year and we can’t have everything. I’ll be very surprised if he comes.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Fox reporting Smith likely to play on in 2021.

SMH reporting Smith unlikely to be at Melbourne in 2021.

Inactive User

Thanks for the replies gents

Hope the football gods are on our side this week, our league of titans have endured an awful lot in the past few years. Fingers and toes crossed.

There is a bit of momentum about SMITH to Broncos, with Kev WALTERS to coach.

I'm just putting two and two together.

1. He has purchased a house on the Goldie
    2. His kids are going to school on the Goldie
    3. He is from up this area in South East Queensland
    4. He would not want to hinder the Storm keeping Harry Grant and possibly Brandon Smith
    5. Fox is reporting that he wants to play on in 2021
    6. Apparently Storm have given him a deadline and it is thought he will make his decision this week
    7. Mark Geyers brother is good friends with Smith and he seems to think a decision is imminent and he will go to the Titans
    8. On Channel 9 yesterday they were saying they do not believe Smith will be at the Storm next year
    9. Broncos are a mess leaving us in the box seat.
    10. Both Holbrook and Mal have been very cagey about it when asked questions making me think they know more then they are saying.

I don't really have any inside information but putting all that together makes me think it will happen this week.
    Psmitty

First Grader

I would be very surprised if he went to the Broncos as he was always filthy with them for not signing him up when he went to play in the colts competition and was subsequently signed by Storm at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    There is a bit of momentum about SMITH to Broncos, with Kev WALTERS to coach.
    This is my guess.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Yep and if he goes to the Drongoes it is our job to make sure they pay full tote odds and further weaken their (official) salary cap.
    He came up for a look once before to make sure Melbourne paid full freight.
    Happy for us to make an offer and miss out.