Page 189 of 217 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Mate ease up. People are allowed to have their own opinion whether it’s positive or negative. If I remember correctly, you told me to pull my head in when I had a dig at you for liking the Don. I suggest you take a slice of your own advice.

For the record I’m in the Taylor camp. I think he will come good and I think he has going pretty well this year. In my opinion it was more to do with the coaching and the environment that Brennan installed than hurt his game. Out of the youngsters mentioned coming through I think that Sexton is going to be the real gun. His running game looks to be up there with the likes of Dylan Brown.

Let’s all be thankful that we are no longer mentioning Roberts name when we have conversations about our playmakers.
    I don’t want to be the killer of belief but I really don’t think Sexton is going to be the saviour. His junior accolades came off the back of repeating his final year at high school (for football) and the bulldogs were happy to let him go. He’s got a decent running game but this hasn’t really been tested even at ISC level. I do hope he proves me wrong but from what I’ve seen I’m not convinced

I'm going to join the Taylor camp, BUT only as a 400-500k half at this stage. He has been a hell of a lot better this year but still seems to struggle dealing with pressure/game on the line situations.

That being said, for the Taylor doubters, you have to put a few things in perspective. The guy has been playing behind a busted forward pack his whole career, with most of them making less than 100 metres. Imagine a Luke Keary, Cam Munster etc playing behind the weak forward pack we've had in previous years. As a half you need your forwards making metres and getting you up field with momentum otherwise what hope does he have. I think next year he will thrive playing behind the likes of Fifita, Ese'ese, Mo, Tino ect and hopefully Cam Smith.

Kobe Hetherington could be a good pick up for a young number 9. I hear whispers that some current broncos players are pushing for him to get a start ahead of Cory Paix. He comes from good stock and has a lot of his dad's traits. He's tough, likes the physical side of the game, has a calm head (like his dad?? Debatable...LOL!) and reads the game well. He also has some leadership qualities about him for such a young bloke.

I'm all for Taylor, his form has been up and down over the years, but I think our club should stick by our players and shouldn't just drop a kid at the some sniffs of failing. I think we need to be a club which empowers our players rather than a club which punts players when things go bad.

We have stuck by Taylor for 4 years now, his first year he was I think the 2nd top try assister of the year, the 2nd and 3rd year were below par albeit it with pressure from above to lead the club and seal all the matches, this year he has been playing well as a foil to Jamal Fogarty and is still high up on the try assists. He's a confidence player, so now that our team is getting it's mojo back, I am sure that would play a huge factor in his on field success.

I do think he has to take a pay cut and Fogarty should get an upgrade, how much of a pay cut I am not too sure. I also believe someone else should be our conversion kicker.

I am absolutely behind him, and have faith Holbrook can get the best out of the kid, we have stuck by him this long and I want to see the fans and ash celebrating that first premiership trophy in the next few years.

Why did the ‘Ponies play better last night? Me thinks it was because Haas and to a lesser extent TPJ didn’t play so the others had to step up. I hope we don’t become reliant on Difita etc otherwise we will get the same result. The expectations on here should really be focused on our coach’s skill set. I’m comfortable with him at this point.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I would still make a play for cam Mcinnes with Hunt staying at 9 will be playing on his mind and has leadership written all over him
    I do not this C Smith will be here next years as a player but only on the coaching staff
    if we are thinking of top 4 next year we need a proper number 9 to guide the players we have signed now for 2021 season

Inactive User

I have a dream
    It’s a dream of a spine being
    1 AJ
    6 ATay (being paid $400 a year to show respect to Daryl Rebecca and us members)
    7 Weaver
    9 TBoyd (or Grant or BSmith)
    17 Sexton (or TBoyd if we recruited Grant or BSmith)

This dream is about 2-3 years from fruition

I have a dream

Most commentators and fans of rugby league in general have commented that Taylor (and the side as a whole) have improved this year. Most are saying that Ash is getting back to the player he was...the player that was in origin selection talks before the Brennan era. He needs more time under Holly, a season uninterrupted by covid and as others have said...a strong forward pack to play behind next year.

I think he'll kick on, and when he does...we'll (and Ash) will have Mal, Holly and the Titans club as a whole to thank!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Why did the ‘Ponies play better last night? Me thinks it was because Haas and to a lesser extent TPJ didn’t play so the others had to step up. I hope we don’t become reliant on Difita etc otherwise we will get the same result. The expectations on here should really be focused on our coach’s skill set. I’m comfortable with him at this point.
    Agreed!

I think the broncos pack has a lot of talent...but there are some pretty big egos there. They don't seem to want to play as a team in my eyes. They each want to be the star of the show. A good forward pack is a pack that is willing to do all the less noticeable things...solid workhorse defence instead of trying to put on big shots to "lift the team". Decoy runs to open holes for your team mates instead of just receiving the ball and starting a run flat footed. The big hits and blockbusting tries come off the back of staunch, resilient defence and a team mentality.

Every single player has a job to do, and that includes helping your mate do his! Team work.

I reckon our coach will drum that into our forwards next year, as he has the whole side this year. Our defence is improving...but we still might cop a few blowouts before the year ends. Add C Smith (no reason not to hope) for next year and we'll be a force to be reckoned with!

One think i really like about tanah Boyd is his toughness, for a teenage half playing in the NRL he's a good defender who's not afraid to do the hard stuff, similar to how Dylan brown and Cleary were when they first started, as opposed to elegey and Taylor who while they showed more promise with their ball skills they really struggle defensively and as Cronk and Joey say get your defence right and everything else follows. I'd like to see what Tanah could do with a decent run in the halves or if Holbrook is trying to convert him into a hooker then with a full preseason training there he could be a really good player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Can someone explain why Taylor is soft and fragile?
    He lets people on social media hurt his feelings. He’s a confidence player rather than the leader we paid him to be. He’s still not considered for captaincy. HES NOT A KID ANYMORE. He will hand over conversions after missing one. He rarely takes the ball to line and avoids contact. I firmly believe the ball players have been told, first touch take it to the line and make contact. Not something that should be a mandate at this level. He was signed at the same time and of the same expectations of Nathan Cleary. Nuff said

Tear me apart. Off to the game.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Mate ease up. People are allowed to have their own opinion whether it’s positive or negative. If I remember correctly, you told me to pull my head in when I had a dig at you for liking the Don. I suggest you take a slice of your own advice.

For the record I’m in the Taylor camp. I think he will come good and I think he has going pretty well this year. In my opinion it was more to do with the coaching and the environment that Brennan installed than hurt his game. Out of the youngsters mentioned coming through I think that Sexton is going to be the real gun. His running game looks to be up there with the likes of Dylan Brown.

Let’s all be thankful that we are no longer mentioning Roberts name when we have conversations about our playmakers.
    I’m not having a go at him for having an opinion. I’m having a go at the incessant negativity. All he does is complain. We have a lot to look forward to right now as long suffering Titans fans and all it does is unnecessarily drag the mood down.

Why do you keep bringing up Don? If I recall correctly, all I said was that people like to focus on his downsides while ignoring his upsides. He provides good value for money as a close to minimum wage player. You need guys like that in your squad in a salary capped competition. You keep trying to throw him in my face like I think he’s some kind of athletic god though? It’s weird and it’s also a misrepresentation of what I actually said about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I have a dream
    It’s a dream of a spine being
    1 AJ
    6 ATay (being paid $400 a year to show respect to Daryl Rebecca and us members)
    7 Weaver
    9 TBoyd (or Grant or BSmith)
    17 Sexton (or TBoyd if we recruited Grant or BSmith)

This dream is about 2-3 years from fruition

I have a dream
    After today's game, Boyd is obviously a half, not a hooker. If he was given more time there (which he won't be because of the lovechild) then I think we'd all come to this realisation.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-08-20 at 05:41 PM.

I'm with you on that 101. I haven't really got behind Boyd because I've only seen his cameos as a back-up 9 ... liked what I saw today a lot. In Fogarty and Boyd we had two half's that played in their role with determination, courage and flair ... no egos nor pouting just having a real dig ... enjoyed them immensely. I don't mind Taylor tbh but feel that Boyd may be the better investment.

Loved Fogarty as captain and kicker ... that negates Proctor and if we got a Smith then Cokey can march off into the Lamington sunset. Right centre looks a worry but Young T must be carrying something because he looked (when you could find him) way off the pace.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I always thought he was a half. I thought we were blissing him via hooker to get used to contact.

Has he got this far as a hooker? He’s not a hooker is he?