Page 167 of 217 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3242
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    There are plenty of other players in our list that I don't think will be around next year.
    The coach has yet to name them as they may be required this year and does not want them to drop their bundle.
    Tyrone Roberts and Dale Copley are my first two to get the chop.
    Neither could help you win a premiership so surely must be excess to requirements.
    Exciting few months ahead.
    Peats is another I believe won’t be around next year which frees up about $600k

Inactive User

I’m still waiting for an answer on if we offered Ryan James our local junior and Captain a contract or not

Have you asked the club?

If we're going to look for lead linings and discuss spent cheques...

I wonder how/if LG would have progressed under a coach like Holbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Have you asked the club?

If we're going to look for lead linings and discuss spent cheques...

I wonder how/if LG would have progressed under a coach like Holbrook?
    Are we saying Ash has as a basis for the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Are we saying Ash has as a basis for the discussion?
    Just a passing thought. I think under Holbrook we are starting to see a change for the better...and he's worked that relatively quickly. (given the circumstances this year)

I reckon we've turned the corner now and we're on the way up. I just wonder if LG could have had a coach like Holbrook, instead of being here in the Brennan era...would he have continued to improve?

Hasler is no slouch as a coach...but the damage to LG's (and the rest of our side - barring Arrow and MoFo's) confidence had already been done by the time he hit the northern beaches.

I'm probably being too hard on Brennan though. Given our squad at the time, it probably wasn't wise to give a rookie coach the job.

To put it another way...under JH, I expect our young blokes (including Fifi and Tino) to all continue to improve in our current system. Any that don't won't be around long...and I don't think Holbrook will let mateship interfere with team selection.

Anyway...it was just a thought that popped into my foggy, hungover head. It doesn't mean anything.

I think if we got some surplus cash we should upgrade Fogarty, Jolifee, Young, Kelly and Mo (depending what's he's on), be a proactive club rather than wait for these guys to peak and get poached or enter a bidding war

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I think if we got some surplus cash we should upgrade Fogarty, Jolifee, Young, Kelly and Mo (depending what's he's on), be a proactive club rather than wait for these guys to peak and get poached or enter a bidding war
    100%! I expect the brains trust will be all over this!

Who is LG?

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    Who is LG?
    Kane Elgey

I was thinking him from the description but how do you get LG to Kane elegy?

Edit: I just realised LG=Elgey

Hey we need to re-sign hHolbrook I think he only with us for 2021 need to give him a upgrade by 2 years I think

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    There are plenty of other players in our list that I don't think will be around next year.
    The coach has yet to name them as they may be required this year and does not want them to drop their bundle.
    Tyrone Roberts and Dale Copley are my first two to get the chop.
    Neither could help you win a premiership so surely must be excess to requirements.
    Exciting few months ahead.
    Agree with T Roberts but not Copley. He showed today that he is an NRL quality centre, he just needs to avoid injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    Hey we need to re-sign hHolbrook I think he only with us for 2021 need to give him a upgrade by 2 years I think
    This 100%. Needs to be done now.

I have beaten Copley’s drum since we signed him and have never regretted it. Sure he has had a run of injuries but he can really poke through the line and seems to have found a home on that right edge. Him and Young T on that side with Fifita would be worth the admission plus AJ and Fogarty popping up as well.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Exciting to hear of the money freed up for next year! Brian Kelly is very underrated as a player and I’m sure he is going to develop into something special. I think our team isn’t too far off after our signings in the forwards. I think that’s where we lack is our size especially when tanah and peach are in the middle at the same time. This is my thoughts on our side for next year with a couple of possible signings without being to far fetched. I’ve pushed Sami into the centres because defensively he is very good and provides attack most times he touches the ball. Saab on the wing because he wants out of the dragons and he gives us a strong carry back and a huge target for the halves to kick to. Asiata on the bench to provide a ball playing forward. Watching the cowboys game last night he has some classy touches especially for Taumalolos try. Both signings very possible. Hard to leave Tanah out but I think he is great cover if one of our halves get hurt and Thompson on the bench to provide backline cover and a spark to play a similar role to peachey. Thoughts guys?
    1. Brimson
    2. Spry
    3. Kelly
    4. Sami
    5. Saab(not signed)
    6. Taylor
    7. Fogarty
    8. Fotuaika
    9. Peats
    10. Faasuamaleaui
    11. Proctor
    12. Fifita
    13. Ese Ese
    14. Thompson
    15. Jolliffe
    16. Fermor
    17. Asiata(not signed)

Inactive User

I don’t understand a top 17 list. It’s not possible to have no injuries especially at our club.
    You need to have a depth chart rather than look at a top 17.
    2 FBs
    4 Wingers
    4 Centres
    4 Halves
    7 Prop/Locks
    4 Hooker/Utility
    5 2nd Row

You have to factor in Dan Ferris specials