Page 166 of 217 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 176 216 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3242

Gold Coast Titans coach Justin Holbrook has confirmed the club will farewell a trio of stars as it continues the rebuild of its roster for next season.

Forwards Bryce Cartwright, Shannon Boyd and Ryan James are set to leave immediately, in a move that looks set to free up close to over $1 million in Titans' salary-cap for 2021. It comes as the Gold Coast confirmed the acquisition of boom backrower David Fifita on a rich $1.25 million deal, the Broncos star joining the Knights' Herman Ese'ese and Storms' Tino

The Courier Mail reported this week Cartwright had requested for release from the final 1.5 years of his rich contract with the club to move home to Sydney.

While Holbrook denied Cartwright had sought a release, he hinted the former Panthers star hasn't yet decided whether he would join an NRL, or potentially take some time away from the game. "No he [Cartwright] hasn't [asked for a realee], not that I'm aware of," Holbrook told reporters on Friday.

"It's sort of ongoing, it's always been a personal issue with Carty, nothing that us at the Titans or rugby league for that matter have got to do with it. "It's a personal issue that takes him back to Sydney, that's something that he's got to work through. "I don't know exactly, I don't want to get into all the legalities around it, it's clear that he has to go back to Sydney a fair bit and he's best off down there, if I'm honest with you. I'm not exactly sure on where he'll finish."

While Boyd has long been reported to be considering early retirement to return to work with his family's farming business in rural NSW, having struggled since arriving on the Glitter Strip.

A Kangaroos representative in 2017, Boyd landed at the Titans on a rich deal ahead of last season but form and injuries have restricted the big-bodied prop to just 14 appearances. Holbrook said the 27-year-old was comfortable with his decision to walk away from the game and said the club would support his decision.

Meanwhile, James will also leave the Titans as he looks to revive his injury-riddled career in the nation's capital. Reports emerged this week linked the off-contract James to the Canberra Raiders as Ricky Stuart looks for reinforcements to his forward pack for next year. James has been sidelined for most of the past two years, after succumbing to back-to-back ACL ruptures. It's believed his signing with the Raiders is all but confirmed and awaiting medical clearance.

"It's been a frustrating couple of years for Ryan, which is disappointing for himself and our club that's for sure, but obviously he's decided his future for next year now," Holbrook said. "We wish him all the best. He's been tremendous for our club here for a long time and it's been a. frustrating end to his career. As I said we wish him all the best."

Now we can all shake our Pom poms.

Hope we give Ryan a decent thank you and send off.

Lot's of positive news coming around.

Sorry to see Ryan go. I wish him all the best and just as long as he isn't playing us (Or the Maroons) I will be cheering for him.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Ryan was always a great ambassador for the club, but I am happy that this is the end of a chapter.

Cartwright and Shannon Boyd help us forget about some of the mistakes of Garth.

Overall I feel like we are reborn and the new chapter starts, what an exciting time to be a titan.

Inactive User

Was Ryan James offered a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    My wife doesn’t want CSmith. She is consistently against us signing anyone who’s at the end of their career. I agree with her about that as a general principle.
    I’d be wanting two years rather than one if he came.
    One doesn’t do it for me.
    Weren’t you happy with Fifita for one year at $1.25m? I’m glad we got the three years because if we landed him for one year I know which player I’d take for one.

Concur with all these sentiments ... exciting times ahead where we can be judged on performances rather than ridiculed for having duds.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Weren’t you happy with Fifita for one year at $1.25m? I’m glad we got the three years because if we landed him for one year I know which player I’d take for one.
    No. Wrong person JB. One year worried me as it made me think he was taking the urine and also it would have meant next year would have been non-stop speculation about whether he would stay or leave.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 31-07-20 at 06:26 PM.

Was Ryan James offered a contract?
    Not sure. Why?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Not sure. Why?
    I’d be very disappointed if we didn’t offer him something

I’d be very disappointed if we didn’t offer him something
    I think he’s done well out of the club and the club has done well out of him. Risk/reward wouldn’t have me offering him a player contract.

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Cam won’t be here next year unless a miracle happens. Mal confirmed it’s too much for our cap to the herald

“ While Fifita has come with a price tag reportedly as high as $1.25 million a year, Meninga said the club was spending its salary cap responsibly. But unlike his Broncos counterparts, the league Immortal ruled out making a late play for the signature of off-contract Melbourne captain Cameron Smith.
    “Anybody would want Cameron Smith at their footy club, but we’re not in a position financially to do that,” Meninga said.”

Hey mate. Where is this article ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Hey mate. Where is this article ?
    It’s in the post literally above the one you quoted mate

Oh gosh. Yep see that now.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

There are plenty of other players in our list that I don't think will be around next year.
    The coach has yet to name them as they may be required this year and does not want them to drop their bundle.
    Tyrone Roberts and Dale Copley are my first two to get the chop.
    Neither could help you win a premiership so surely must be excess to requirements.
    Exciting few months ahead.