Page 165 of 217 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 175 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3242

Andrew Mccullough would be damaged goods after that horrible hamstring injury last week, apparently ripped right off the bone. No thanks.

Gosh the human race is sometimes fickle. Here we have a rumour that the GOAT of hookers MAY sign with us for one year and then stay and help out on staff after football and we have people saying “nah “ . The one year on field and being at the club will help all our players out. Tino will be here and he can help enforce the new culture. I can’t help be see positives in all this.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Who's saying no to Cam Smith?

I don't think McCoullogh was being suggested as an option but rather if he was back at the Donkeys would we go after Turpin.

Was he "on loan"? I thought he sacrificed his two years at the Broncos for the one year at Newcastle to try and extend after the fact. I can't see anywhere that says he's back at the Broncos. Could be Wrong though.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 31-07-20 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Who's saying no to Cam Smith?

Definite NO to Andrew Mccullough (he was terrible at the Donkeys and they were fortunate to offload him given the depth at Hooker Newcastle have) and Turpin. We still Rein for two years.
    Some on the Titan Fan FB groups mate.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

McCullough has a player option at the Broncos next year as I understand it, JB. Similar situation to Kahu.

I’ve also noticed the pissing and moaning despite us having the best week in our short history. Some will never be happy.

Inactive User

My wife doesn’t want CSmith. She is consistently against us signing anyone who’s at the end of their career. I agree with her about that as a general principle.
    I’d be wanting two years rather than one if he came.
    One doesn’t do it for me.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    My wife doesn’t want CSmith. She is consistently against us signing anyone who’s at the end of their career. I agree with her about that as a general principle.
    I’d be wanting two years rather than one if he came.
    One doesn’t do it for me.
    He wouldnt have 2 years left in his legs i dont think....he can come and bring these young forwards together. Lead this team, then hang around after and mentor players / face of the club.

With Cameron smith and David Fifita at the club the sponsorship dollars would be going crazy.

I fail to see how this is would be a bad thing if it did go ahead

First Grader

I think the best outcome would be for Cameron Smith to have 1 year playing and then map out a long term off field arrangement with the Titans which would make the club a powerhouse for years to come. Need to have this long term strategy and put the money in as an investment for both playing and financial success
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 31-07-20 at 09:29 AM.

I don’t think it will happen.. apparently his kids are enrolled like a bunch of other players kids up here from the storm so they can get there education and still see each other because of this COVID..

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    I don’t think it will happen.. apparently his kids are enrolled like a bunch of other players kids up here from the storm so they can get there education and still see each other because of this COVID..
    The Storm are based on the Sunny Coast. Why would they enroll 2 hours south?

Cam would never be identified as a Titan. So how much sponsorship $ advantage we would see after he takes a behind the scenes role would be debatable.

Best week in our clubs history? That's a stretch. We signed Fifita, that's all that has happened. The rest is rumoured.

Pissing and moaning maybe aimed at some of the sh!t suggestions of who we should sign next with our in depth knowledge of our cap restrictions.

Cam would never be identified as a Titan. So how much sponsorship $ advantage we would see after he takes a behind the scenes role would be debatable.

Best week in our clubs history? That's a stretch. We signed Fifita, that's all that has happened. The rest is rumoured.

Pissing and moaning maybe aimed at some of the sh!t suggestions of who we should sign next with our in depth knowledge of our cap restrictions.
    Is there an /s on that last sentence?

Rep Player

Signed Fifita, about to offload Shannon Boyd and Cartwrong. I'll grant you those last two are technically still rumours, but they were reported by all of the major outlets.

First Grader

Holbrook will be talked about as a coaching great, says Meninga
    Adrian Proszenko
    By Adrian Proszenko
    July 31, 2020 — 1.05pm
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on Whatsapp
    Send via Email
    Normal text sizeLarger text sizeVery large text size
    Leave a comment
    Mal Meninga has given Justin Holbrook a huge endorsement, predicting the rookie Gold Coast coach will be spoken about as one of the greats of the game by the time his career is over.

Holbrook arrived at the Titans this year with the task of transforming the wooden-spooners into a competitive outfit following the sacking of Garth Brennan. It is a huge task in his first assignment as a head coach in the NRL, especially given a lengthy injury list and a roster containing several big-name players not living up to their pay cheques.

Play Video

Johnston hat-trick inspires South Sydney comeback
    Play video
    1:32
    Johnston hat-trick inspires South Sydney comeback

The Rabbitohs fought back from 16-0 to overcome the Dragons thanks to a hat-trick of tries from Alex Johnston.
    There have been some positive signs, including three impressive wins and a signing coup in the form of Broncos superstar David Fifita. There is still likely to be short-term pain as he puts his imprint on a side whose next assignment is the Roosters at the SCG on Saturday.

However, Titans head of culture Meninga has seen enough to suggest Holbrook is the man to finally get the Gold Coast franchise to fire.
    Advertisement

“Justin is a really good coach at the start of his career and, by the time he finishes, I believe he will be talked about as one of the better ones that has gone around in the NRL over history,” he told the Herald.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook has already made a big impression at the club.
    Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook has already made a big impression at the club.CREDIT:GETTY
    “That’s where we believe he is at. With him there at the helm and building the team for him to kick off his career, that’s of real importance to us.

“We did headhunt him, we chased him. We believe he is the right man for the job. We don’t want to be chopping and changing all the time. From a coaching perspective, you need stability at the club.

“It starts at the top, so we need to get the right people at the top and build a roster from there.

Advertisement

“He needs to make his mark on the club and that takes a while. He’s in his first year and he’s making his mark.”

It is high praise from Meninga, who was coached by a raft of legendary mentors including Wayne Bennett during his playing career.

Holbrook has been operating without injured stars including Ryan James and AJ Brimson at his disposal, while big earners Bryce Cartwright, Shannon Boyd, Nathan Peats and Ash Taylor have struggled to display their best form.

The Titans spoke to three-time premiership-winning Roosters coach Trent Robinson, who had Holbrook on his staff at the tricolours, before they appointed him from St Helens in the Super League.

RELATED ARTICLE
    Corey Harawira-Naera is Canberra bound.
    NRL 2020
    'I derailed the season': Harawira-Naera issues apology over sex scandal
    Add to shortlist
    Advertisement

"He’s a good man and a good coach," Robinson said before the pair match minds for the first time in the NRL. "I feel like he’s stayed the course with his attitude and he’ll continue to progress. He’s laid a really good foundation for his coaching."

While Fifita has come with a price tag reportedly as high as $1.25 million a year, Meninga said the club was spending its salary cap responsibly. But unlike his Broncos counterparts, the league Immortal ruled out making a late play for the signature of off-contract Melbourne captain Cameron Smith.

“Anybody would want Cameron Smith at their footy club, but we’re not in a position financially to do that,” Meninga said.

Cam won’t be here next year unless a miracle happens. Mal confirmed it’s too much for our cap to the herald

“ While Fifita has come with a price tag reportedly as high as $1.25 million a year, Meninga said the club was spending its salary cap responsibly. But unlike his Broncos counterparts, the league Immortal ruled out making a late play for the signature of off-contract Melbourne captain Cameron Smith.
    “Anybody would want Cameron Smith at their footy club, but we’re not in a position financially to do that,” Meninga said.”