Page 158 of 217 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3242

I believe it was said in the courier mail that we reached a settlement with Boyd. Didn't mention amounts or anything so not completely sure on that but Cartwright I believe is just leaving so no pay out there from what I can tell.

Inactive User

One thing of actual football note coming out of the Tallis twitter I just posted is it looks like Gordon will now be spending time at the club doing hands on mentoring of our forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I know I said it on the last page but do we need to pay Boyd and Cartwright our or not?
    Boyd we will have to pay something as reported..... We have reached a settlement with him.

Cartwright.... Not clear at this stage.... he wants to go and as reported moved back to Sydney then It could be fair and reasonable that we don't pay him but I feel we may pay a bit..It will come out in the next day or two I would guess.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I made a $100 bet with a mate who is a drongoes supporter. The kind of one who was whinging about how Fifita would never go to the titans because they are a “s**t club”. The bet was for who would win a premiership first. What do you guys think my odds are of winning?

I love Tallis he's the only one supporting us in the media even if he is getting paid by the club, hopefully justin gets him in some sort of part time coaching role mentoring our young forwards when covid and the bubble is all over

FalconSloth I can see you being a fair chance. At the moment I would say we are closer to having a crack than them. They should have a tough couple of years at the very least coming up and unless recruitment and retention improves look worse than us for years to come hopefully. Surely you put a sweetener in it by saying if you win the spoon before you just pay up then and there. I'll be cheering the bulldogs today thats for sure.
    Last edited by TitanPremiership; 26-07-20 at 01:20 PM.

Rep Player

More disharmony in the Broncos camp. Payne Haas and Chris Walker getting into it over Brodie Croft’s playmaking abilities.

I was still digesting the Fifita news, yeesss baby, then came the James story, wish he would stay, then Boyd and now Cartwright. Wow what a 24 hrs.
    I agree completely with the comments that we need to find a top 9. Just on that note, looks like McCollough could be gone for the season in Newcastle, we may be able to move Peats on now also.

With the lack of money you’d save I’d happily keep him till seasons end given the injuries this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSloth View Post
    I made a $100 bet with a mate who is a drongoes supporter. The kind of one who was whinging about how Fifita would never go to the titans because they are a “s**t club”. The bet was for who would win a premiership first. What do you guys think my odds are of winning?
    By the time that $100 changes hands it will be worth $10 - but I'd be on us.

Lol, did anyone catch that interview with Corey Parker saying Fifita only went to the Titans because of the money? He obviously didn't know that Fifita was offered like a 5 year, 6 million dollar deal from the Rabbitohs and didn't take it up. If it was all about the money, he'd be at the Rabbitohs next year wouldn't he? Quite funny seeing how salty he got over it

Rep Player

The Parkers are some of the most entitled snobs involved in the NRL

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I was still digesting the Fifita news, yeesss baby, then came the James story, wish he would stay, then Boyd and now Cartwright. Wow what a 24 hrs.
    I agree completely with the comments that we need to find a top 9. Just on that note, looks like McCollough could be gone for the season in Newcastle, we may be able to move Peats on now also.
    I’d send them Peachey or Taylor. Then they can reshuffle their team. And we get rid of the rest of the worst

Junior

REVEALED: WHY CARTWRIGHT WANTS OUT OF THE TITANS.... subscriber only from couriermail

Bryce Cartwright set to quit Gold Coast Titans club as he weighs up his future in the NRL

Big name Titans recruit Bryce Cartwright is on the verge of walking out on the club and heading home to Sydney as details of his desire to leave emerge.

Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
    Subscriber only
    |
    July 26, 2020 1:17pm

Maligned Titans forward Bryce Cartwright is on the verge of quitting the Gold Coast club as he weighs up his future in the NRL.

News Corp can reveal Cartwright is seeking a release from his contract at the Titans to return to Sydney for personal reasons.

Cartwright was a notable omission from the Titans team for last week’s loss to Melbourne and will not face his former club Penrith on Sunday afternoon at Cbus Super Stadium.

It is understood Cartwright has returned to Sydney with his family and may have played his last game for the Titans.

The Titans will also this week finalise a release for $2.4 million flop Shannon Boyd to leave the club.

Boyd has only made one NRL appearance this year and is planning to retire and work in a family business.

The departures of Boyd and possibly Cartwright, along with captain Ryan James’ move to Canberra next year, has freed up significant salary cap space for the Titans.

That allowed the club to secure the signature of boom Broncos forward David Fifita on Saturday on a three-year contract worth $3.5 million.

Cartwright was released by the Panthers to join the Titans in 2018 under former coach Garth Brennan, who was an assistant at Penrith and held a close bond with Cartwright.

He has failed to find any genuine consistent form in 43 games for the Gold Coast and is likely to depart immediately despite being contracted until the end of the 2021 season.

Cartwright, 25, burst onto the NRL scene in 2014 and was talked about as a potential NSW Origin star.

But his defensive efforts have regularly been criticised and it is believed his love for the game has waned in recent years.

Cartwright told News Corp a fortnight ago, in the lead-up to his final game, that he wondered how much longer he could play on for.

“I do worry about how much longer I can keep going,” he said.

“I had a meniscus tear when I was 15 and the surgeon scraped out all the cartilage. Then two years ago, I did the meniscus in my other knee. Since then, it’s been bone-on-bone.

“The critics don’t see what you go through. Two weeks ago, I had to get my knees drained. I had 100ml of fluid taken out. My knees swell up and I have to get it drained all the time. That’s the price some players pay in this game.

“We get paid good money, but it’s not an easy ride.

“It’s hard mentally on me at times. But I always believe in never giving up. I will battle as long as I can until I retire.

“What keeps me going is the feeling I haven’t reached my best.

“I do get disappointed at my inconsistency and I want to get back to playing the football I know I can. I want to repay the Titans for giving me a chance after I left Penrith.”