Page 152 of 217 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3242
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    The Courier Mail article confirming it also indicates we will finalise this week the release of Shannon Boyd.

On face value it is a hell of a lot of money on a kid who has played less than 50 games, but I think it is a massive signing that will bring benefits beyond the field. Also interesting is the theory that Fifita may think he is more likely to improve under the coaching of Holbrook rather than Siebold.

This, along with getting EseEse and Faasuamaleaui will be massive recruitment tools. What we need is a good hooker. Imagine playing off a pack of Herman, Tino, Mo, Fifita and Fermor. Exciting times.
    For what it’s worth, Vossy reckons Fifita is the best forward he ever saw in 30 years of calling schoolboy footy. I know people are skeptical because he’s so young and inexperienced but I genuinely think he’s worth the punt.

I still worry about our spine...we won't have any money left to put into our spine.

Andrew Voss is a close student of schoolboy footy too.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Some David Fifita highlights

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Some posters on the Broncos forum wishing injury upon him...one saying he hopes he does his knee in round 1 next year.

Honestly other than hooker I don't have any issues with our spine as it stands. Having a look at the off contract lists for halves and fullback there really isn't anyone worth holding out for that would significantly improve our lineup. I won't dive in to hooker options as that has been discussed previously but if one of ours can make the position theirs I am quietly hopeful for next season.

edit: in response to gotitans101; Yes the Broncos are sooking hard over there... made my afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    Honestly other than hooker I don't have any issues with our spine as it stands. Having a look at the off contract lists for halves and fullback there really isn't anyone worth holding out for that would significantly improve our lineup. I won't dive in to hooker options as that has been discussed previously but if one of ours can make the position theirs I am quietly hopeful for next season.
    You don't have an issue with Ash Taylor?

Corey Thompson is a solid fullback but I'm not sure he's a premiership winning one.

We don't even know where AJ even is in the pecking order.

Reports starting to filter through that Raiders will announce the signing of Ryan James in the next couple of days

Junior

One thing that is certain, recruiting a quality hooker just got a hell of alot easier. Adding Tino and now Fifita to our pack makes it a pretty attractive pack to play off the back of.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    You don't have an issue with Ash Taylor?

Corey Thompson is a solid fullback but I'm not sure he's a premiership winning one.

We don't even know where AJ even is in the pecking order.
    On Ash I think he has been improving throughout the year and happy with him at this stage. I put in the Panthers thread about someone wanting him dropped "Last game he got our only try assist and would've got another had Fogarty not lost the ball before grounding. Other than those 2 opportunities we barely had the field position for him to do much else. From what I've seen his defence has also improved although I'm sure someone will say NAF went straight through him."

On the CT and AJ topic, these are the players I found off contract:
    Caleb Aekins, Dale Copley, Anthony Don, Herbie Farnworth, Peta Hiku, Albert Hopoate, Jordan Kahu, William Kennedy, Steven Marsters, Tyronne Roberts-Davis, Dylan Smith
    On what I have seen from Thompson he has been reliable at the back if nothing else (not gamebreaking but decent) and interested to see if AJ can come back and add some spark to our attack. I am taking our options over any of these though.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Some posters on the Broncos forum wishing injury upon him...one saying he hopes he does his knee in round 1 next year.
    Spoiled children

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Reports starting to filter through that Raiders will announce the signing of Ryan James in the next couple of days
    If that happens I will most certainly meltdown

Fox league reporting James to the Raiders!?!? That's abit disappointing if we've lost him we really need some leadership for the young guys you'd think he'd want to stick around on the coast and see the resurgence through and stay a 1 club player

Sounds like James is as good as gone.

I'd be shattered to see Ryan James go. Especially when his luck turns.