Page 108 of 217 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3242
    Junior

and harry grant.

On Nrl 360 they said we are looking at John Asiata from NQ and that Herman Ese Ese from the Knights would likely be on the GC next year.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yeah Bods I think he would be a massive part of the puzzle.
    I have watched the Dogs, Sharks, and Dragons a fair bit in the last few weeks and we are clearly the worst side in the comp and by a long way. I have no doubt the spoon will be ours this year and possibly by as clear a margin as last season. To me this is not surprising as we need to clear out the trash and give Holbrook a side. Fifita is one part but we'll need to convince him that other signings are going to happen. We need a half, centre,prop, and winger, at least to go with him. Otherwise why would you come here to get flogged every week.

- - - Updated - - -

You are placing a lot of hope on AJ when in reality what has he done, other than show a bit of potential. And a bit at that, not a lot.
    Can't disagree more. AJ if he stays fit, is a large piece of the puzzle. Can play halves or fullback. Could even be a great utility. Just comes down to the back issue for me. He is a local boy and plays with plenty of heart and loves the club. I'd prefer someone you can build a culture with.

And Mal needs to stop telling the media our every move......it makes us look foolish when the signing doesn’t eventuate

Inactive User

If V’Landys is a smart operator and wants the Titans to continue to hold its own here in The Beautiful Little City then he’d be ensuring that Fifita signs with us because it looks like The Suns are rising.
    It would be very dumb strategically for the Titans to languish while that happens.
    Get us a THird Party Deal to make it a slam dunk for The Good Guys.

John Asiata is a better half than all our halves put together lol. Wouldn't mind him or Ese Ese both wouldn't break the bank and would play well in the forwards, obvs still should be pursuing Fifita

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Can't disagree more. AJ if he stays fit, is a large piece of the puzzle. Can play halves or fullback. Could even be a great utility. Just comes down to the back issue for me. He is a local boy and plays with plenty of heart and loves the club. I'd prefer someone you can build a culture with.
    After the deserved big wraps on AJ in 2019 he played 21 games for us last season and didn't kick on in my opinion.

After the deserved big wraps on AJ in 2019 he played 21 games for us last season and didn't kick on in my opinion.
    I agree, he wasn't a world beater last year, but again he had injuries. I think it was hip and thumb last year and he was busted by the end of the year. If he stays fit I think he will kick on.

Inactive User

Yeah but bloody Brennan played him at 5/8 and at Utility.
    He played Mick Gordon at FB where what he should have done was play AJ at FB and Mick on the Wing.

So Mals only worth is offering massive contracts and not delivering? Let’s not forget we’re offering stupid money for a bloke that has played two games this season and isn’t a known quantity as he hasn’t returned from injury as of yet. Starting to think Mal is a click for payment journalist as he seems to talk a lot in the press and not have any true substance.

As for AJ, the way I saw last season was he couldn’t make the No 1 position his when given the opportunity and I preferred Gordon at the back.

If neither of these signings come off (and soon) we are in a lot of trouble for future signings. I wonder if Maloney wants back in Oz.

Rep Player

I'd take Maloney in a heartbeat. Always loved little Jim the cheeky rascal.

It’s always that bit more humiliating when we miss a signing after Mal publicly trumpets his pursuit of the player (which is often contrary to what the club is actually doing).

Tesi excites me more than Fifita as a full package, but I’m really not that confident we’ll land either.

Maloney would be a really smart buy for a few years IMO.

Interesting to read that Tesi has agreed to terms verbally (well thats whats has been reported) so will be interesting to see what evolves

I find it strange that that's been leaked to the media without a deal done, it is kinda frustrating hearing Mal talk publicly about everyone we are chasing making us look like a joke when we never sign any big names, fifita would change our franchise much like Ponga did with Newcastle, but i can't see him wanting to come here sadly the smart option for him would be the chooks, really hope I'm wrong though and Mal and Holbrook and Tino can convince him and tesi to come here, surely were due for abit of good luck soon

First Grader

Id give my left nut for Harry Grant to sign here