Page 101 of 217 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    son in last year's Super League grand final. (Getty)
    BOYD WANTS SWITCH BACK TO RAIDERS
    Giant prop Shannon Boyd could be on the move at the end of the season after struggling since moving to the Titans last season.
    One of the biggest props in the game, Boyd can be a force on his day but injuries have cruelled his time at the Titans.
    He played 13 games last season and has been on the field for a mere 21 minutes in 2020.
    Boyd still has two years to run on his Titans deal but word is that he is homesick for the Raiders, where he began his NRL career in 2014 and played over 100 games.

https://twitter.com/9_moley/status/1...322461184?s=21

That would be great for the titans! I don’t see how his speed and size is going to help us with the speed of the game now

First Grader

He may be homesick but there is no way the raiders would take him back.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Well this is the problem....Garth/Phil/Graham etc gave him a ridiculous contract when we already had Ryan James/Wallace/Mo signed up and now if he goes to Canberra then Canberra will be wanting us to pay probably a fair chunk of his ridiculous contract.

We can hope he asks for a release I guess but if he does that then he’d need to be next level homesick because no way is Canberra going to pay him good money.

So at first this looks like good news but it’s still just another poo sandwich from the previous coaching staff and administration.

Rep Player

Honestly Bods, at this point I’d rather pay half his contract until it expires at the end of 2022 than keep him. He offers absolutely nothing.

First Grader

Boyd is on $600k so there is no way the Raiders would pay more than $150k for what is really a player that is not that much to any side as he only lasts about 20 minutes a game. I cannot see how he will ever play NRL under the new rules and if he wants to play at a high level the only hope is if he considers Super League.

Rep Player

Weren’t there rumours of Boyd being released at the start of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I agree. When he signed with us Ricky Stuart was surprised at the amount we were offering him and how long the deal was for. Anyhow I can see him going anywhere.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Honestly Bods, at this point I’d rather pay half his contract until it expires at the end of 2022 than keep him. He offers absolutely nothing.
    Agreed and this is the way that we will have to deal with Boyd and a number of other flops if we want Holbrook to mould the team his way quickly, rather than just let contracts run their term.
    Take whatever you can reasonably get for them I say. In Boyd's case we will get very little but whatever we get he shouldn't be taking up one of the 30 spots on the roster. Worst signing in our history by the length of the straight.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Does anyone know how long he is signed for? I'm all for the signing as there as long as he isn't the preferred choice once AJ is back and we aren't accomodating him like we did Gordon. Thompson is the type of player that is a great club man and will always give his best but is not the type of fullback that will get us into the top 6 or 4.
    Let’s worry about finding 17 players that can challenge for the bottom of the top 8 first, Corey Thompson can be one of those guys. I have a sneaky suspicion that it’s easier said than done plucking a fullback that can carry a bottom 4 team into the top 6 out of thin air, but I think this is a completely reasonable signing that fills a need for the team right now and likely starts on the wing next season.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    The Mole reporting Shannon Boyd may leave at the end of the season. Apparently wants to return to Raiders.

You can talk about the Jamal Idris, Dave Taylor and Jarryd Hayne etc signings as our worst ones but I think Shannon Boyd takes the cake (sorry big fella) here. Didn’t make sense at the time and certainly doesn’t make any sense now. Boyd and Wallace are making a combined 1.2M a season where Sam Lisone is probably making 1/10th of that and is giving the team more value
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 16-06-20 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Agreed and this is the way that we will have to deal with Boyd and a number of other flops if we want Holbrook to mould the team his way quickly, rather than just let contracts run their term.
    Take whatever you can reasonably get for them I say. In Boyd's case we will get very little but whatever we get he shouldn't be taking up one of the 30 spots on the roster. Worst signing in our history by the length of the straight.
    Agreed

If we have to compensate but free up circa 300-400k in the cap, we’ll find a better way to get value out of that spending

Junior

Interesting convo on 360 tonight.... talk about Smith having to finish up at Melbourne and move on with him having at-least a year or two still in the tank. Thoughts on making a play? Could really use a GOAT around the club on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Interesting convo on 360 tonight.... talk about Smith having to finish up at Melbourne and move on with him having at-least a year or two still in the tank. Thoughts on making a play? Could really use a GOAT around the club on and off the field.
    I didn't take that discussion that he would go and play somewhere else, rather than he should let Melbourne know what he is doing. Smith seems a pretty selfish sort of guy (remember the testimonial that was held for him as he was expected to retire - 2 years ago) and I think he'll do what he wants. I can't see him playing for any other club this late in his career. Wouldn't mind having him in an off the field role though.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Let’s worry about finding 17 players that can challenge for the bottom of the top 8 first, Corey Thompson can be one of those guys. I have a sneaky suspicion that it’s easier said than done plucking a fullback that can carry a bottom 4 team into the top 6 out of thin air, but I think this is a completely reasonable signing that fills a need for the team right now and likely starts on the wing next season.
    With that attitude we will always be a team that will challenges for the bottom eight. To be clear, I don’t necessarily disagree with signing him at the moment. Signing a quality fullback is easier said than done but what I’m saying is that I think 3 years is far two long. This year and next with a club option for 2022 would have been more preferable.

If Thompson was a winger then he would be in front of Robert Jennings at the Tigers. We have to start looking to the future with our wingers just like every other club in the NRL does.

Junior

I would rather take Bellamy in like a frank ponissi type head of football role. Deals with retention and recruitment and would be a great 1 2 combo to attract player with Bellamy and Holbrook

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    I would rather take Bellamy in like a frank ponissi type head of football role. Deals with retention and recruitment and would be a great 1 2 combo to attract player with Bellamy and Holbrook
    We should always keep in mind that Bellamy has kids here (possibly grandkids?) so there is an emotional pull factor.
    He could even in time maybe do the Meninga role.

I’m confident that Holbrook is the Coach we’ve been waiting for and will be Coach for a decade or more.