Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
Just accept it? Are you serious? So you'd be happy to continue getting flogged every week like we were our last game and our last however many years? And I want to make it very clear again that I don't blame Holbrook, I blame the players, who Brennan left us with, who, apart from a few of them, clearly are not playing for the club or its fans, but for themselves and their big fat pay-cheque. Nothing else.

Why do people get so upset when I say this? Those players are taking up a huge, huge chunk of our cap and things might have been different if Brennan hadn't gone and signed them for the money that he did.

You asked me, "Did you think we were going to make the finals or something?" Hell no. I expected maybe a little more effort under new coaching staff at least, but that last game, for the most part, didn't show that at all, and that's down to the current crop of players (minus a few who are trying) that we're stuck with for the next 2 or 3 years. It's just the reality of it and I'm sorry if this upsets people. Jeez.
Ok so what your saying is that you don't like our roster and that Holbrook has no part in that. It is what it is. We are round 2 of a 26 week competition (maybe) and already we are going to get the spoon. Signs are there that we will improve. Our defence in parts was pleasing in that game. It will take a while for a team to gel under a new coach. I understand your point of view and am equally frustrated by it. But I am not constantly harping on about it with a "I told you so" tone. It gets a little boring.