Page 96 of 217 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3242
    Rep Player

If we held off on Lisone, someone else may have either snapped him up or increased his price tag for us. I imagine he’s not on too much so it doesn’t seem like too much of a risk to sign him for 2 years based on what we’ve seen so far. Just hope he keeps it up. That pass for Sami’s linebreak was awesome and showed great awareness.

End of 2022. I guess its the minimum contract length. We've seen his diamonds, he's had plenty of games that were rocks with the Warriors but at the same time on his form he has deserved a contract upgrade.

Article on Fox Sports speculating on about Tom Dearden's future at the Broncos. Assume we're keeping an eye on the situation.

With Croft now being the Broncos starting halfback rival NRL clubs have begun eyeing off the Brisbane no.7 who cut his teeth playing in Mackay.
    Dearden is signed until the end of 2021 but rival clubs are free to make a play for him from November 1.
    The Melbourne Storm are currently monitoring the situation with Jahrome Hughes ruled out for up to three weeks with a broken hand.
    The Storm named Ryley Jacks in the no.7 jumper to meet Newcastle on Super Saturday on Fox League at 5.30pm.
    The Storm aren’t the only club closely monitoring the Dearden situation.

Michael Chammas who is one of the most reliable journos has just reported that Tristan Sailor’s asking for a release, and that us and Sharks are interested. Said Holbrook has worked with him before and rates him highly, so hopefully that connection and the fact he’s a QLDer can convince him to join us. Would much rather him over Dufty/Thompson

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Article on Fox Sports speculating on about Tom Dearden's future at the Broncos. Assume we're keeping an eye on the situation.
    Maybe yeah, but in that vane we already have Tanah and Toby (Australian schoolboys halves the year before and after Tom). Add Ash, Jamal, Tyrone and even AJ and our young half stocks are alright. And as Mdrew will attest we have a few more Promising young halves coming through.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    Maybe yeah, but in that vane we already have Tanah and Toby (Australian schoolboys halves the year before and after Tom). Add Ash, Jamal, Tyrone and even AJ and our young half stocks are alright. And as Mdrew will attest we have a few more Promising young halves coming through.
    Not only do we have Tanah and Toby but we also have another Tom coming through and he sounds just unbelievable.

Rep Player

How far off is Jayden Campbell?

Id rather we sign sailor over Thompson or Duffy

First Grader

I'd rather saab over both. Watching coates play for the donkeys shows how effective having a tall winger that can catch is. Hopefully we bomb to don alot this weekend. As good as aj is at scoring trys as a winger his aerial ability leaves alot to be desired. Don should have a feild day on him. I hope Holbrook is thinking along the same lines

Gold Coast have a fight on their hands to keep in-form skipper Kevin Proctor
    https://www.couriermail.com.au

The Titans could be facing a battle to keep in-form skipper Kevin Proctor with four clubs chasing the off-contract Kiwi Test backrower

Gold Coast are fighting to retain Kevin Proctor with four clubs, including two from the English Super League, launching a poaching bid for the veteran Titans skipper.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the off-contract Proctor is a man in demand and has put negotiations with the Titans on hold ahead of Saturday’s clash with South Sydney at Bankwest Stadium.

The Titans’ most experienced player with 244 top-grade appearances, Proctor has fielded interest from NRL rivals Wests Tigers and Canterbury and Super League clubs St Helens and Catalans Dragons.

While Proctor has come under fire at times for failing to replicate the form he showed at former club Melbourne, the 31-year-old is the Titans’ only premiership player and the embattled club cannot afford to lose his big-game experience.

St Helens and French club Catalans are circling Proctor and the Kiwi Test back-rower admits he is weighing up whether to pursue a new experience in Super League or sign a contract extension with the Titans.

“I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t mind going overseas at some stage in my career,” Proctor said.

“It’s been appealing to me for a couple of years.

“I would like to be a part of the Titans moving forward, the club is heading in the right direction, we’ve got everything we need in the club facility-wise and we have more stability behind the scenes.

“I want to see the world and do some travel and enjoy another challenge. It would be hard leaving my family and friends but I always plan to end up on the Gold Coast. When I retire, the Gold Coast will always be here and it’s where I will live.

“I will see how my body is holding up. I might do one more deal with the Titans and then go overseas or I might go earlier.

“It depends how I’m feeling. At the moment, mentally and physically, everything is going really well.”

Coming off-contract can be an unnerving experience for younger NRL players, but Proctor is not stressing about his future.

The fuzzy-haired forward says putting talks with the Titans on ice is not a sign he is wavering in his commitment to the club, insisting he is more concerned with hauling the Coast out of the bottom four.

“It’s my job to lead the group with my actions at training and on the field,” the 22-Test New Zealand star said.

“This may mean putting my personal circumstances to one side for now as I focus on the team, but I feel it’s the right thing to do at this point in time.

“The fact is we need to work harder as a group.”

After three consecutive losses, new Titans coach Justin Holbrook finally broke through in last week’s epic 28-23 defeat of the Tigers.

Proctor is relishing the Holbrook regime.

“Justin is unreal,” he said. “Justin has instilled a new work ethic in the club and it’s paying off, I’m excited about the rest of the year ahead.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

If he’s not prepared to stay with his hometown club for unders after being massively and generously overpaid by us then see you later. Then he can comeback at the end of his career and retire here like Arrow as someone who cut and run rather than sticking it out for his hometown and community.

Badel reporting the Titans are one of seven teams chasing Tom Dearden.

Inactive User

Clearly Badel tonight has been told what to write by a couple of deadbeat player managers including disgracefully the manager of our Captain

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Badel reporting the Titans are one of seven teams chasing Tom Dearden.
    Not sure how I feel about that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Not only do we have Tanah and Toby but we also have another Tom coming through and he sounds just unbelievable.
    I think mdrew said his name is Tom Weaver. So I think that we will be ok for a while. Deardons manager probably threw our name up with no actual interest from the Titans and on linked us to him as went to school or something here for 5 seconds.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady