Page 47 of 217 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Sounds to me like he just wants to be part of a successful club (who wouldn't) and obviously doesn't think we can turn it around. Obviously didn't want to come out and say that though.

PS I agree with Dobes and rather he pissed off this year too. **** him.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 09-01-20 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Can you expand on the Boyd opinion Dools?
    I understand it was really hot today but Boyd just wasn't putting in what the others were. I took notice of all the "baggage". I just don't think he is fit enough. Latu was still in the rehab group. He looks unfit. Cartwright and peachey looked really good. Cartwright looks super fit and peachey was vocal. Definitely a good vibe. Dymock is the key, has a great rapport with the squad already.

First Grader

When you are on $600k you should be one of the leaders, not someone not putting in. Get rid of baggage in Boyd and Latu and that will free up over $1 million a season with those 2 imposters

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    When you are on $600k you should be one of the leaders, not someone not putting in. Get rid of baggage in Boyd and Latu and that will free up over $1 million a season with those 2 imposters
    Absolutely crazy. I'd love to know who from the club agreed to signing them for those prices.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Absolutely crazy. I'd love to know who from the club agreed to signing them for those prices.
    Brennan/Annesley can take the credit there

Greeting to the 22476 people who are currently on our site right now.
    Our club is huge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Brennan/Annesley can take the credit there

Greeting to the 22476 people who are currently on our site right now.
    Our club is huge!!
    Bodsy - those supposed numbers on the site have been like that for many months now. I was surprised when I first saw it.

As for Boyd and Latu - it just shows what duds they are when no one wants to take them off our hands. I'd gladly pay some/most of their wages to get them out.

Boyd is a line bender in 30 second bursts but Latu actually ripped-in for the Panthers off the bench so surely Holbrook can find a bit of that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

To pay someone $600k to play on average 25 minutes a game is ludicrous. Plus it is Boyd’s defence which is the problem where he can only muster 1 tackle in a set and the opposition target him the next tackle. Defence is also the problem with Latu.

Unless we can recruit defenders in the team we will continue to be table dwellers. No point scoring 20 points a match if we let in 27 which was our defensive average last year.

Inactive User

Went to training
    Loved the noise the camaraderie and enthusiasm
    But you watched them train and can’t help but thing that these are the exact same guys that got us the spoon by a margin of 4 games last year.
    If this group and coaching staff avoid the spoon and we ruthlessly don’t renew contracts and have a huge player turnover for 2021 then I’ll consider this season a success

The only other thing is that the 30 Year Skase GC Sports Curse has now been lifted so maybe we will magically be just better

Immortal

Erin Clark and Greg Leleisiuao sign two year contracts

@bodsie don’t undervalue magic ... just ask Jon Snow
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

From what I saw this is our starting team barring injury
    AJ
    Sami left
    Kelly left
    Watkins right
    Don right
    Roberts left
    Taylor right
    James
    Rein/Peats (I wouldn’t be stunned if Rein gets the nod)
    Wallace/Mo (didn’t see Mo at training)
    Proctor left
    Cartwright right
    Arrow/Peachey (both trained at lock and Peachey was at 2nd row a bit too)

Subs
    Leave me out of that as you have too many variables at the Moment with Arrow, Mo not training, Boyd in rehab, Hipgrave concussion etc
    I would not be surprised to see it being Rein, Peachey, Mo, Boyd if I made a call now.

As a comment i thought Arrow was much more quiet and circumspect in his demeanour than I’ve seen in the past.
    I didn’t notice Latu there at all. I don’t recall seeing Copley or Hipgrave either.

I love the Coaches
    Holbrook-hands on and not aloof behind the goalposts like Brennan and to a lesser extent Henry was
    Dymock-Great combination of humour and then seriousness when it’s time for business
    Lenihan-love it when he fires up when someone does something stupid like a defender knocking the ball down deliberately and when Cartwright did a grubber kick when they yelled out it was 6 more tackles

Rick Stone was there too wearing a Titans polo but he wasn’t vocal that I noticed
    I didn’t see Mal there at all
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 10-01-20 at 12:48 PM.

Immortal

New Zealand born utility Erin Clark hassigned a two year NRL contract with the Titans and shapes as a utility player both can play in the halves as well as hooker.

Erin Clark played his junior football for the Manurewa Marlins and Point Chevalier and attended Manurewa High

Erin Clark made his NRL debut for the Warriors in Round Two of the 2017 season against the Melbourne Storm
    In his NRL debut Erin Clark came off the bench playing only six minutes. He made the most of those minutes however, running twice out of dummy half making eighteen metres, seven post contact, and made five tackles at a 100% tackling efficiency.

Erin Clark joined Canberra mid-season in 2017 but did not add to his one NRL match in his time with the Raiders.

In May 2016, Erin Clark played for Samoa against Tonga where he played off the interchange bench in the 18-6 win at Parramatta Stadium. Later in 2016 Erin Clark represented Samoa in an International against Fiji in Apia, playing off the interchange bench in Samoa’s 20 - 18 loss.

Against Tonga Erin Clark played thirty four minutes off the bench running out of dummy half on four occasions for twenty six metres (eight post contact), played the ball at an averge speed of 3.85 seconds and made sixteen tackles at a tackling efficiency of 94.1%.

Against Fiji Erin Clark played thirty two minutes, running four times for thirty two metres (eight post contact), played the ball at an average speed for 2.42 seconds and made sixteen tackles at a 100% tackling efficiency.

In 2015, Erin Clark was part of the Warriors NYC squad and was the only player in the Junior Warriors’ squad to appear in all 27 matches that season.

Erin Clark represented the New Zealand Residents 18s and the New Zealand Secondary Schools in 2014 and that same year won the major rugby league accolade at the 2014 ASB Young Sportsperson of the Year Awards.

Immortal

Former Titans NYC cult figure Greg Leleisiuao has signed a two year NRL deal with the Titans that encompasses the 2020 and 2021 NRL seasons. If he is not in the Titans game day squad Greg Leleisiuao will play for the Burleigh Queensland Cup side in 2020.

In 2019 for the Magpies in the New South Wales Canterbury Cup competition Greg Leleisiuao played in all twenty six of the Magpies matches starting all on the right wing, playing 80 minutes in all bar two meaning that in the Canterbury Cup, including finals matches in 2019 Greg Leleisiuao played 2 063 minutes out of a possible 2 080, seventy seven of which were in the Grand Final that the Magpies lost 20 – 15 to the Newtown Jets who went on to narrowly defeated Burleigh in the National Final a week later.

In 2019 Greg Leleisiuao led the Canterbury Cup in four categories being most runs (433), most run metres (4 513), most post contact metres (1 535) and most tackle breaks (196). Greg Leleisiuao also scored twelve tries, eleven in the regular season and also scored in Week One of the Finals against the Penrith Panthers.

In addition to a Round Two double against the Bulldogs, Greg Leleisiuao scored in matches against the Mounties (Rounds Five and Fifteen), Wests Magpies (Round Six), North Sydney (Round Ten), Penrith (Round Eleven), Souths Sydney (Round Twelve), the Warriors (Round Fourteen)and Blacktown (Rounds Sixteen and Twenty Two).

In addition to his Canterbury Cup league leading stats in 2019 that are mentioned above, Greg Leleisiuao also made fifteen line breaks, had two line break assists and a try assist which was in Round Eight against the Dragons.

Defensively Greg Leleisiuao made seventy six tackles at a tackling efficiency of 79.17%. Greg Leleisiuao in fact did not miss his first tackle of the 2019 season until Round Six against the Wests Magpies and in thirteen of his twenty six matches (50%) had a 100% tackling efficiency.

Incredibly in all twenty six of his 2019 Canterbury Cup matches Greg Leleisiuao ran for in excess of 100 metres, with his “lowest” run total being 115 metres in Round Seven against Newcastle, he made up for that later in the season. In thirteen of his matches, Greg Leleisiuao was his team’s leader from a metres gained perspective and led his side in tackle breaks far more frequently than that.

Even more impressive was the fact that Greg Leleisiuao ran for in excess of 200 metres on five occasions being Round Eight against St George (246 metres), Round Sixteen against Blacktown (210 metres), Round twenty against St George (201 metres), Round Twenty Two against Blacktown (211 metres) and in Round Twenty One against the Newcastle Knights Greg Leleisiuao ran for a staggering 283 metres. In the Round Twenty One match against Newcastle 108 of his 283 metres were post contact (38.16%).

On eight occasions in the Canterbury Cup in 2019 Greg Leleisiuao broke at least ten tackles in a match including breaking twelve tackles in his “career” match in Round Twenty One against Newcastle.

On a per match basis in 2019 in the Canterbury Cup Greg Leleisiuao played just over 79 minutes, ran for 173 metres (59 post contact), broke 7.54 tackles on 16.65 runs and made three tackles.

Inactive User

I’d love to know what sort of impact Clark had in the local Auckland comp last year