Page 34 of 217 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    mdrew might be aware of some awesome local junior coming through that is a Lock
    There is no one playing QCup that is half as good as Arrow, so let's not hope for some miracle. We should stand on our dig if Arrow signs with Souths and insist he play for us next year. Losing Arrow and gaining perhaps Gagai doesn't cut it. The side overall would be inferior to what we had this season and that is not something we should want.
    I'm still waiting for many of the juniors that have been lauded on here to show something. Most that have had a chance have been very average.

tino faasuamaleaui signing ? They kept that quiet?

First Grader

Still no email from the club. Ideally it would be sboyd released to Leeds. Tino signs and arrow re signs. But unfortunately I think arrows gone although I hope I'm wrong

What a signing for the club, Tino is an animal already and is still only young. Hopefully we get email confirmation today but if not I'd say that the club might wait until Arrow signs with Souths and release the Tino news to soften the blow. In a perfect world I hope Arrow does stay but I'd say he would've signed that extension deal long ago if he was.

Oh well, can't be upset knowing Mo and Tino will be leading the pack for years to come

Just received confirmation through email, welcome aboard Tino

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Whitbread, Peachey, Cartwright would be candidate’s from our current roster.
    If Holbrook is half the coach I think he is, I reckon he could turn Carty into a lock. He’s an enigma waiting for the right coach to come along and unlock him.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    If Holbrook is half the coach I think he is, I reckon he could turn Carty into a lock. He’s an enigma waiting for the right coach to come along and unlock him.
    Agreed with that. Carty seems like the perfect lock who can roam around the middle and be an extra ball player. At his best (if Holbrook can unlock it like you said) he could add another dimension to our attack and link with Brimson through the middle. He just needs to run with more intensity as his hit ups are a bit soft. If not I would have Whitbread there as a workhorse.
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 19-12-19 at 04:58 PM.

Junior

2021 for tino?? Why not next year??

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...03ab7358ed0a7b

Might get money and Gaggai in return
    I reckon that is Sydney based media trying to spin it. Not one bit of facts in that story. Where would we play Gagai? Kelly has locked up one centre position and we recruited Watkins especially for the other. Gagai doesn't want to play wing so where would he play?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I reckon that is Sydney based media trying to spin it. Not one bit of facts in that story. Where would we play Gagai? Kelly has locked up one centre position and we recruited Watkins especially for the other. Gagai doesn't want to play wing so where would he play?
    We are squeezed fighting against both Brisbane and Sydney media running agendas in which we are a means to an end that is never advantageous to us and our local media don’t even help us out either by them then repeating those same agendas as “news”.
    There’s a lot that our Admin has to work against that other clubs don’t have to.

I bet the local rags/TV/local radio in Newcastle/NZ/Canberra are much more supportive than the tripe our local media trumpet out.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Where would we play Gagai? Kelly has locked up one centre position and we recruited Watkins especially for the other. Gagai doesn't want to play wing so where would he play?
    If it ever came down to Gagai v Watkins it is no contest. Watkins can head to the airport if it came down to those two.
    Not sure that Gagai would be a great centre but he'd have Watkins covered.

True, Carty could make a good lock under the right coach, but I just can't get my head pass the defensive liability he has been for us in the past.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    True, Carty could make a good lock under the right coach, but I just can't get my head pass the defensive liability he has been for us in the past.
    Nor the soft hit ups which he is appalling at and why he should be considered at lock forward option

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I thought he turned his defense attitude right around during the season and was quite good at the end.

Does anyone know much about this young Tino bloke we have signed. I haven't seen him play but all the articles seem to have big wraps on the kid. Is he the type of bloke where is his best position?