Page 113 of 217 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I used to think that he was medically retired but i have since been corrected. He retired and Souths gave him a nothing job to basically pay for his retirement and free up their cap to take players like Arrow. It's a great example of how rich clubs can affect their own salary caps and make it an uneven playing field once again.

It's easy to say pay them out when it's not our money, if I was an owner and I was being asked to pay someone $400k over 2 years (as example) not to play for us I'd be finding hard to find my way to the cheque book even though it would help the club.

What's the news Bods? I've missed something, sounds like it was good news anyway so all good.
    News is that Mrs Bods gave birth to a Little Ms Bods very early yesterday and thankfully everything went well for both.
    So I’ll probably be a bit less active now on the forum which might please a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    So I’ll probably be a bit less active now on the forum which might please a few.
    Congrats to you and the boss mate...but you won’t be any less active. All that changes is you will be posting at odd hours, such as 2am, 3am etc

News is that Mrs Bods gave birth to a Little Ms Bods very early yesterday and thankfully everything went well for both.
    Congrats Bods! Exciting times ahead for you mate. All the best

- - - Updated - - -

Brimson posted a video to his Instagram of him catching high balls, looking good! Hopefully he's on the mend

Aaaah Bodsie ... congratulations on the latest addition ... you can look forward to bride price in the future ... best to the Missus and trust all is well.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Thanks Gentlemen for the kind words. I do appreciate the nice sentiments. All is well.
    And I’m not religious so I don’t like the expression but I feel very blessed.
    Having a kid is impossible for many and also so much can go wrong.

Congrats bodsy, can't wait for the newest edition to the Titans family

First Grader

Congrats mate

Rep Player

Congrats Mr and Mrs Bods

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Maybe I am too cynical but I fear with all of the talk about Fifita etc and now Boyd and Wallace that the media (and others) are using us for their own agenda's yet again.

No doubt the Brisbane based media deliberately build up something with the Titans around recruitment and then delight in attacking the club when nothing happens even when the story was a beat up by them at the start.

As I said maybe I have become too cynical as I have been supporting the club since they came into the NRL as the Gold Coast Tweed Heads Giants.
    I can see where you are coming from mdrew. Listening to the Matty Johns podcast the three of them (Matt, Blocker and Kent) started bagging on the Titans for chasing Fafita and they said incorrectly that we are prepared to offer him more than 1m a season if he turns the deal down. The deal is 1m a season for 5 years with the option more more years if he wants it. It's frustrating being the small fish when we try to chase a player and the media gets hold of it then twists the truth just to get some ratings.

We are in a tough position but I think that we have to persevere with this strategy of chasing big name players. I know that we have a great junior system now but so did Newcastle for years. If they didn't make a few bold moves and recruit the right players then they would more than likely still be down the bottom of the ladder. I know that we have been bit by Hayne in the past and Ash hasn't lived up to expectations but 1mil now is not worth the same as 1mil in 2 years time, yet alone 5.

Nice one mate. Congratulations to you both. Happy those days are faaar behind me.

Wow...I know it's the Warriors but what a game Tino's having.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Wow...I know it's the Warriors but what a game Tino's having.
    Yep he is playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Yep he is playing well.
    falling off a few tackles now but to be expected since he's played most of the first half.

Well done and congrats to both of you. Remember Junior Bods can sit on your lap until they are 4 years old at no cost for a seat. Fortunately after 4 years old they will realise that Manly is the team to follow.

Fantastic news! Congratulations.

Hopefully we have some wins to hook you back in more often.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER