Page 111 of 217 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3242

Music to my ears, dragons can have Wallace immediately and lets give Boyd a part payout because let's face it we won't even recoup 5% of what we've paid him to date.

Hopefully this can all get sorted out asap and we can start better planning for next year and years to come.

Be good if it all is true.. I think what we are really missing is a gun half.. we have struggled for a long time in that department.. and decent centres

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Be good if it all is true.. I think what we are really missing is a gun half.. we have struggled for a long time in that department.. and decent centres
    I'm happy with our current centres Brian Kelly and Young, BK has been one of our inform players this season and last season a long with Mo and Arrow.

Totally agree with you we need a half, and probably one who has some experience, realistically we should be looking at James Maloney, Jackson Hastings or even Aidan Sezer. All can steer us around the park for the short term until we finally find one who we can build a club around.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I'm happy with our current centres Brian Kelly and Young, BK has been one of our inform players this season and last season a long with Mo and Arrow.

Totally agree with you we need a half, and probably one who has some experience, realistically we should be looking at James Maloney, Jackson Hastings or even Aidan Sezer. All can steer us around the park for the short term until we finally find one who we can build a club around.
    Yeh I like Brian kelly.. only reason I said centres is because we leak points like crap on the edges.. could be wingers fault aswell.. we are just hopeless on the sides

Geez if Boyd retires and Wallace leaves we are in a perfect spot. Frees up over $1mil of space for Fifita, Ese'ese, Asiata etc.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PLEASE

For us to move any player on before the contract expires it’s highly likely that the Titans will have to pay someone something. For example according to zero tackle Wallace and Boyd are on $600 k each =$1.2 mil for the 21/22 seasons. Even if you payout $600k per year for the next two years we can $600k back to spend on guys that suit Holbrooks vision and a change of culture.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Do we dare dream......

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    For us to move any player on before the contract expires it’s highly likely that the Titans will have to pay someone something. For example according to zero tackle Wallace and Boyd are on $600 k each =$1.2 mil for the 21/22 seasons. Even if you payout $600k per year for the next two years we can $600k back to spend on guys that suit Holbrooks vision and a change of culture.
    Do we still have to pay them out some if they are the ones wanting to leave? Like Boyd wanting to go become a farmer is his choice not ours (even though a lot of us would like him leaving)

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Do we dare dream......
    Yeah I think we should a bit. There’s clear cause for a little bit of optimism.
    Fifita is the only player in the world I’d pay overs to and we are having a genuine crack.

Rep Player

If Souths can medically retire Inglis only for him to magically heal and make a comeback, why can’t we medically retire *edit* Boyd?
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 26-06-20 at 12:19 AM.

Immortal

Maybe I am too cynical but I fear with all of the talk about Fifita etc and now Boyd and Wallace that the media (and others) are using us for their own agenda's yet again.

No doubt the Brisbane based media deliberately build up something with the Titans around recruitment and then delight in attacking the club when nothing happens even when the story was a beat up by them at the start.

As I said maybe I have become too cynical as I have been supporting the club since they came into the NRL as the Gold Coast Tweed Heads Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    If Souths can medically retire Inglis only for him to magically heal and make a comeback, why can’t we medically retire Mongoloid Boyd?
    Because problem is that Boyd wants his money, and unfortunately whatever we pay him will be coutned in the salary cap. That being said it's better to have no Boyd and a bit of extra money in the cap, rather than wasting a roster spot on him. And it sounds like he's willing to negotiate so it won't be the full 600k anyway

- - - Updated - - -

My only concern with Fifita is that it's been said all along that he will only sign for 1 year as he's having a dispute with his manager who he has one year remaining with. Would he sign a 5 year $5 million deal knowing that a manager who he hates will get a nice commission? I guess we will see and I hope he does but that's the thing that is worrying me

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Maybe I am too cynical but I fear with all of the talk about Fifita etc and now Boyd and Wallace that the media (and others) are using us for their own agenda's yet again.

No doubt the Brisbane based media deliberately build up something with the Titans around recruitment and then delight in attacking the club when nothing happens even when the story was a beat up by them at the start.

As I said maybe I have become too cynical as I have been supporting the club since they came into the NRL as the Gold Coast Tweed Heads Giants.
    Mate I’ll take a seat next to you we can see what happens. We can call it the cynical club.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Yeah just took a look at the CGarry tweet
    What a Drongoes Cheerleader

PS: Had a big day today
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 25-06-20 at 06:57 PM.

First Grader

I'd nearly be happy to pay boyd 200 maybe 250k for the next 2 years to walk away. Biggest selling point would be no training any more!

It appears Wallace may have got the call up so they can evaluate him and see how much drags should cover of his contract or of hes perhaps worth a small transfer fee.

Offloading the deadwood is great, but all of this good work will be undone if they pay overs for the replacements. I hope they are shrewed and drive a hard bargain. I understand the fifita money but most other players it should be a take it or leave it. We are in the position of power with regards to Herman and asiata.