Page 102 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Interesting convo on 360 tonight.... talk about Smith having to finish up at Melbourne and move on with him having at-least a year or two still in the tank. Thoughts on making a play? Could really use a GOAT around the club on and off the field.
    I missed the episode of 360, but i'd put my money on the second Brissy team going for him pretty hard. Which could lead to a silly bidding war that's not worth entering.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I missed the episode of 360, but i'd put my money on the second Brissy team going for him pretty hard. Which could lead to a silly bidding war that's not worth entering.
    Cam Smith will be over 40 by the time the new Brisbane team comes in, if ever. Unless you mean in an administrative position...?

Didn’t get a chance to watch the Newcastle/Melbourne game so watching a replay now. I see Tino scored his first try. Runs some great lines. Big lad, mobile too. Great addition for next year.

Rep Player

Yeah Tino has been pretty impressive. So too have the new recruitment team for identifying and acquiring talent like Tino and Lisone. I suspect Thompson will surprise many too.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Yeah Tino has been pretty impressive. So too have the new recruitment team for identifying and acquiring talent like Tino and Lisone. I suspect Thompson will surprise many too.
    Sitili Tupouniua had a great go on the weekend as well. His contract is up 2021 at the Chooks. I wonder if he would be keen for a starting spot....

HAMISO TABUAI-FIDOW form the Cowboys also up for grabs after this year great speed at the Nines and looked good at the back on the weekend and has a start there this week keen to watch him play
    WILLIAM KENNEDY from the sharks is very solid FB nothing out of this world but solid and wont let the team down
    A Hopoate they say has a big future there as well but wont get a chance behind Tom but he is unproven would be good on Dev player contract
    Sitili Tupouniua I dont know much about but does look good
    RFM (can't spell his name ) from the dogs is very solid and consistent back rower for them
    AitKens looking for new contract so there are a few good players are starting to pop up just need to act on it but our recruitment has been better
    Still think we are still a chance with Fifita as well

I would pass on Fidow and Kennedy. Fidow is lighting fast but doesnt like any sort of contact and is poor in defence. Kennedy also is a poor positional player, weak defender and has a lot of errors in his game.

Junior

RFM is an interesting prospect. Not sure if his fundamentals are up to scratch. Wouldnt say no to him though. On the flipside Aitken has very good fundamentals.... offers nothing in attack.

What ever happened to Aitken? When he came on the scene he made the transition to first grade so smoothly and looked really promising. Was a really powerful right centre. Him and Lafai seem to have both gone backwards.

Come to think of it, the same can be said for most of the roster down there

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What ever happened to Aitken? When he came on the scene he made the transition to first grade so smoothly and looked really promising. Was a really powerful right centre. Him and Lafai seem to have both gone backwards.

Like lambs being led to slaughter...

Almost an exact replica of what happens here. Both the Dragons and Titans seem to have killed off a few careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Almost an exact replica of what happens here. Both the Dragons and Titans seem to have killed off a few careers.
    I think that’s definitely true of the Brennan era with the exception of Arrow.

Neil Henry did a decent job of getting value out of players until he got Hayne’d.

Early signs indicate Holbrook knows how to get the best out of players as well.

On another note - anyone watching Brenko Lee at Melbourne? Early days but for a meme player he’s doing an awesome job down there so far.

Neil Henry did a decent job of getting value out of players until he got Hayne’d.

On another note - anyone watching Brenko Lee at Melbourne? Early days but for a meme player he’s doing an awesome job down there so far.
    Yeah I should have qualified it to say Brennan. When I said Boyd was our worst signing, I should have said Brennan tied him for first place.
    I also agree with your comments about Henry and his shafting still doesn't sit well with me.
    Brenko Lee went well on the weekend and this is not uncommon. Works in reverse as well with the Storm with Proctor being a shadow of the player here as he was at the Storm. As others have mentioned though, this would have a lot to do with the players around him.

Yeah I was watching him too, was wondering where that player was when he signed with us. He seemed to be having a holiday with us.

Aside from AJ what players do we have in the system that are Fullbacks and would they be ready for NRL ? I think there is Prestons son and I think Lofi but is there anyone else ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady