Page 100 of 217 FirstFirst ... 50 90 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3242

So I would like to see AJ back playing but I would not be surprised to hear that he won’t play again this year and Thompson is our FB for the rest of the year. You can’t muck around with back fractures or anything with your back so given we may not feature in the finals the club may give him this year to get it right and see how it looks for next year.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Really happy with the Thompson signing. Not a game breaker but a guy who will give his all every week and will not let us down. Not to mention his speed which should be a bonus with these new rules. He's not a ball player, he's a running fullback so best way to use him would be hunting around the middle of the ruck looking for offloads off of Mo, Lisone and Arrow. If used right he's a good buy.

Liking the look of our backline now:
    1. Thompson
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. Don/Pearson

Not a top 5 backline or full of superstars but a lot of strike and potential for points there. Looks even better when AJ comes back too (I suspect next year for that, like you said Bayside you don't muck around with that sort of injury)

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Welcome to the team Corey, love it when we sign guys like this, he would be the equivalent to the Michael Gordon signing, fly under the radar, consistently produce 7/10 performance, but always digging in, if some of our players can learn these attributes our team can go far
    I was thinking the same thing. Definitely a Michael Gordon like signing, but he's a lot quicker and more of an opportunist.

Its what we need right now so it will only help. WHo knows when AJ will be back and he was a small contract at The Tigpies so hopefully he's on the same here but for a little longer.

QLD Cup

Does anyone know how long he is signed for? I'm all for the signing as there as long as he isn't the preferred choice once AJ is back and we aren't accomodating him like we did Gordon. Thompson is the type of player that is a great club man and will always give his best but is not the type of fullback that will get us into the top 6 or 4.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Does anyone know how long he is signed for? I'm all for the signing as there as long as he isn't the preferred choice once AJ is back and we aren't accomodating him like we did Gordon. Thompson is the type of player that is a great club man and will always give his best but is not the type of fullback that will get us into the top 6 or 4.
    AJ is a FB
    AJ is a FB
    AJ is a FB
    It needs to be locked into people’s heads.
    5/8 and 1/2 does not take advantage of his sublime strengths.
    Once AJ is back then Thompson is either wing or QCup.
    I think we’ve signed him for one year too many.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Says 3 years on nrl.com

3 years for Corey but I'm yet to see AJ live up to his hype at Fullback to be honest so happy for the competition for positions to be alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    AJ is a FB
    AJ is a FB
    AJ is a FB
    It needs to be locked into people’s heads.
    5/8 and 1/2 does not take advantage of his sublime strengths.
    Once AJ is back then Thompson is either wing or QCup.
    I think we’ve signed him for one year too many.
    All the comments here about AJ are based on potential, not on what he has done. Sure he has shown glimpses of class but the jury is well out for me, especially now he has a serious injury. I thought in most of the games last year he was average and a disappointment from how I thought he would improve. Like most Titans players, we compare average with very average not against general NRL standard.
    Unfortunately now that QCup is off for the year AJ will not get a chance to get his game fitness back and that will not help him. I'm also wary of small fullbacks.

Thompson may not be a world beater but he is proven NRL standard and by golly we need that ... I’m very happy with his signing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So what do we think will happen when Roberts is healthy to play then? Surely it wouldn't make sense to sign Thompson if they're going to put Roberts at fullback, and didn't Holbrook say hes going to persist with Fogarty and Ash? I'd be spewing if he drops Tanah to put Roberts on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    So what do we think will happen when Roberts is healthy to play then? Surely it wouldn't make sense to sign Thompson if they're going to put Roberts at fullback, and didn't Holbrook say hes going to persist with Fogarty and Ash? I'd be spewing if he drops Tanah to put Roberts on the bench.
    I'm thinking Roberts is just cover for the halves now. Or he should be imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    For a guy that hasn't played any football in a long time he sure does get injured a lot. I hope his naming in the team list is more an advertisement that he is available if any other club needs a half hahaha.

Rep Player

The Mole reporting Shannon Boyd may leave at the end of the season. Apparently wants to return to Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    The Mole reporting Shannon Boyd may leave at the end of the season. Apparently wants to return to Raiders.

son in last year's Super League grand final. (Getty)
    BOYD WANTS SWITCH BACK TO RAIDERS
    Giant prop Shannon Boyd could be on the move at the end of the season after struggling since moving to the Titans last season.
    One of the biggest props in the game, Boyd can be a force on his day but injuries have cruelled his time at the Titans.
    He played 13 games last season and has been on the field for a mere 21 minutes in 2020.
    Boyd still has two years to run on his Titans deal but word is that he is homesick for the Raiders, where he began his NRL career in 2014 and played over 100 games.

https://twitter.com/9_moley/status/1...322461184?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady