Page 105 of 217 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    And you said I was the one that didn't understand mathematics. You don't start at group-level statistics and work your way backwards to the individual level. The conviction rates for a particular crime should have no bearing on any individual case, much less on the basis of characteristics like gender/race/whatever. Jack De Belin's case should be adjudicated on the facts and evidence of his own case and no one else's. I don't believe the stats you're telling me anyway.

Some bedtime reading for you, Bods: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone%27s_ratio. Hopefully you can enjoy it with a whiskey tomorrow night.
    I’ve earned a scotch. I really need one tomorrow.

Junior

What a whirlwind. Good chat though lads. Lets shelf it until it becomes a real possibility then let the storm commence.

I think the next two games are huge for us. If we get the win this weekend and then smash or at-least have a strong showing against those soft ponies... I think it will only benefit us in the eyes of the real holy grail.... Fifita.
    Last edited by elltee; 19-06-20 at 02:26 PM.

Before the incident I would have signed deBelin in a heartbeat but there is just no way we should entertain such a rightly or wrongly tainted unit ... it’s a big fat NO from me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The allegations:
    Police documents tendered to Wollongong Local court and sighted by the Mercury reveal De Belin, Sinclair and the alleged victim met at Mr Crown nightclub on the evening of December 8, where they talked and danced as part of a larger group.

However, it is alleged the woman accompanied De Belin and Sinclair when they decided to leave Mr Crown and head to Fever Nightclub.

The trio was captured on CCTV standing at a taxi rank on Kembla Street for a short time before speaking to a group of people in the lower part of the Crown Street Mall.

The trio then got into a Tuk Tuk-style taxi and headed north on Keira Street, with the two men telling the alleged victim they wanted to charge their phones before they headed out again.

They went to a unit on Gipps Street, owned by De Belin’s cousin, who was not home at the time.

The woman told police she used the bathroom when they got inside, however as she was finishing, she claims De Belin walked in, naked.

She walked out and De Belin hopped in the shower for a short time.

It is alleged De Belin was again naked when he came out of the ensuite naked, but this time grabbed hold of the woman and forcibly removed her shirt.

She claims she put her hands over her breasts, at which time both De Belin and Sinclair allegedly said “show us your tits”.

It is alleged De Belin then grabbed the woman by the legs, took her shorts and underwear off and and threw them on the floor.

“De Belin moved himself between her legs, lent down and put his right hand around her throat and [his] right forearm pinned the upper left side off her body,” the police fact sheet said.

He then began raping her, while Sinclair watched on, without speaking, it is alleged.

The woman said she she next saw Sinclair he was removing his clothes, at which time De Belin said to him “come have a go”.

It is alleged the pair then engaged in the joint rape of the woman, at one stage swapping positions between them, before Sinclair alleged said “I can’t get hard anymore” and went to have a shower.

Police allege De Belin continued to rape the woman in the bedroom, at times putting his hand around her throat, making it hard for her to breath.

Afterwards, the woman said she had a shower before ordering the trio an Uber to take them to Fever Nightclub.

She said she left soon after they arrived, and contacted a friend.

She then went to Wollongong Hospital where she underwent a rape test.

She was seen to have injuries to her legs, neck, lower abdomen and shoulder.

Court documents noted the size difference between De Belin and the woman - she is a size 6, and weighs 51kg, while De Belin is 188cm tall and weighs 106kg.

Police raided the Gipps Street unit later that day, seizing sheets, towels and clothing.

De Belin attended Wollongong Police Station on December 13, while Sinclair was arrested four days later.

Both men were granted strict conditional bail.

Anyway, for me I'm glad we haven't been linked with trying to sign him. If we get rid of Bird for peeing in public then I'm happy to keep a clean sheet team if this is the alternative.

Rep Player

Salacious allegations indeed. Let's see what the court thinks.

Note that De Belin has claimed that she returned to the nightclubs for several hours with them afterwards. There are conflicting claims that the courts will sort out.
    Last edited by willhelm; 19-06-20 at 03:49 PM.

Cam Smith will be over 40 by the time the new Brisbane team comes in, if ever. Unless you mean in an administrative position...?
    Spot on, willhelm. I could've explained myself better.

Note that De Belin has claimed that she returned to the nightclubs for several hours with them afterwards. There are conflicting claims that the courts will sort out.
    My question would be concerning consent for a threesome rather than questioning over how long after the even she hung around at a nightclub.

Inactive User

I said I wouldn’t comment further and will keep my word. Very difficult.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I said I wouldn’t comment further and will keep my word. Very difficult.
    And I’m finding it difficult not to question your intelligence. You strike me as the kind of person that traditional religion is necessary for, lest you jump on every moral bandwagon that rolls along. I know it’s fashionable right now, but we can’t allow emotionally charged arguments and salacious allegations to undermine due process. Even if he’s a manbunned St Merge player.

Inactive User

And I’m finding it difficult not to question your intelligence. You strike me as the kind of person that traditional religion is necessary for, lest you jump on every moral bandwagon that rolls along. I know it’s fashionable right now, but we can’t allow emotionally charged arguments and salacious allegations to undermine due process. Even if he’s a manbunned St Merge player.
    Nice try. No I’m not getting sucked in to toxic social media insults.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Nice try. No I’m not getting sucked in to toxic social media insults.
    No, you’ll just make not-so-subtle implications about my morals then play the victim when you get a serve back. You dish it out, you have to take it too mate.

Inactive User

^^^^ have a great night in the beautiful little city

Rep Player

I’m in Brisbane, it’s not that beautiful

Goodnight, Bods. Enjoy the game.

I think quite clearly this sort of signing would be too controversial for us. I agree entirely with respecting the judicial process and not speculating or assuming, but this kind of noise from a player signing isn’t what we need around the club or dividing the fan base.

Move on lads. Not the thread to talk about this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

With the Broncos being in the media for what ever it may make Fafita look at us a bit more favourable and we aren’t the basket case.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady