Page 68 of 217 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3242

Broncos showing just how to bring up young talent, unlike us.

Carrigan
    Flegler
    Haas
    Fifita
    Isaaco
    Staggs

all going great guns for them. Who are our young players again?

Mo - injured
    AJ - injured
    Whitbread - Wallace #2
    ?

The rest have been poached from other clubs on high dollar contracts.

I had to laugh at Holbrook's presser on the weekend, saying that he has no problems with our current line-up. What a farce. And then he goes ahead and chooses the same brain-dead lineup as last week. Our team on paper is absolute mud and if you disagree with that then you haven't watched much rugby league in the last 5 years.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-03-20 at 09:21 PM.

I don’t think the coach can say anything else publicly. Not many clubs look good when you compare development vs the Broncs. Give it time things will be better, players will come thru, it will take a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    I don’t think the coach can say anything else publicly. Not many clubs look good when you compare development vs the Broncs. Give it time things will be better, players will come thru, it will take a few years.
    We've had more than enough time to develop our juniors - where are they all?

Rep Player

Getting a bit over your constant doom and gloom and incessant pessimism, gt101

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Getting a bit over your constant doom and gloom and incessant pessimism, gt101
    put me on ignore then if you don't like it

I remember all the hype on here when we signed Garth Brennan. I'm seeing the same thing from the same people on here right now after signing Holbrook. Given our current crop of players, there's not much to be excited about, imho.

We have to wait for the likes of Boyd's, Cartwright's and Peachey's contracts to be up (a few years yet, if we survive that long) until I can start to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Even Proctor, who I believe we've been on record saying we want to re-sign. What a ****ing joke that is.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-03-20 at 09:32 PM.

Rep Player

Yeah, we know, you don't have to keep flogging the dead horse while its owners are still there mourning. Just shut up and attempt to enjoy the season. You don't need to keep re-salting the wounds.

shut up and enjoy the season?

LOL, how can I enjoy a season when my team can barely win a game?

Sorry for the rant guys. I just saw how well the Broncos youth played tonight and it got me really fired up at our club for not being able to produce the same talent through our junior system.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-03-20 at 09:47 PM.

Inactive User

Being a bit negative is appropriate in our current predicament.
    If we don’t get the spoon I’ll give Holbrook an extension.
    Next year is when I’ll be wanting to see significant progress.

The Broncos had a period where they had an absolutely ****house forward pack, from roughly 2009-2014. Now they have forwards coming out of their ears.

We poached Arrow, Wallace & Taylor off them so it might be time to go back to the well.

GoTitans if you don’t think we have talent in the juniors then I suggest you look at our QCUP feeder teams (both made finals and one won the prem) our CRL titans only lost one game in 18s and have been competitive across all three age groups until the comp was shut down and our hasting deeding colts and mal Meninga cup players are doing well too.

How long do you think it takes to set up a pathway? We only had a northern rivers recruiting team starting in 2018 for gods sake. In 5 years we will have more talent than the broncos or penrith and we will be picking the cream of the crop. Why do you think we have shifted from big contracts to nrl players to smart money signings in youth? I get that the internet increases people’s impatience but jeez

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    GoTitans if you don’t think we have talent in the juniors then I suggest you look at our QCUP feeder teams (both made finals and one won the prem) our CRL titans only lost one game in 18s and have been competitive across all three age groups until the comp was shut down and our hasting deeding colts and mal Meninga cup players are doing well too.

How long do you think it takes to set up a pathway? We only had a northern rivers recruiting team starting in 2018 for gods sake. In 5 years we will have more talent than the broncos or penrith and we will be picking the cream of the crop. Why do you think we have shifted from big contracts to nrl players to smart money signings in youth? I get that the internet increases people’s impatience but jeez
    Can we really afford to wait another 5 years? 5 years ago there was young talent being talked up on here...where did those kids, now men, go? Not denying there's talent down there, but maybe, just maybe, that talent in the younger grades does not necessarily translate to first grade.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 20-03-20 at 10:41 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Can we really afford to wait another 5 years? 5 years ago there was young talent being talked up on here...where did those kids, now men, go? Not denying there's talent down there, but maybe, just maybe, that talent in the younger grades does not necessarily translate to first grade.
    We lost some awesome talent that are now the biggest names in rugby league in the 24 hours after the NRL took over our licence

Gold Coast Titans poised for $2 million bid for Broncos’ David Fifita

The Gold Coast Titans are ready to turn a loss into a huge win, as Jai Arrow’s exit opens up a salary cap springboard for a $2 million bid for the NRL’s most sought-after signature.

The struggling Gold Coast Titans have emerged as hot favourites to snare the most prized signature in rugby league — boom Broncos forward David Fifita.

The Titans will have $2 million in funds available next season from the departure of Jai Arrow to the Rabbitohs and the fact Ryan James and Nathan Peats are unlikely to get new deals.

Fifita is a close friend of Melbourne Storm’s rookie front-rower Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, the outstanding young forward who has been likened to Payne Haas and who is heading to the Gold Coast next year. They have been mates for 10 years and want to play together.

Broncos teenager and Tongan fullback Tesi Niu, is also close to the pair and could be another heading to the Gold Coast as part of a package deal with Fifita.
    He is off contract this year.

It would be such a massive boost for the club and the game to finally have a competitive team on the coast.

The Broncos’ problem in keeping Fifita is that they have already spent a fortune locking down Haas, Matt Lodge and Tevita Pangai in the forward pack.

They also still have $1.8 million tied up in Anthony Milford and Jack Bird for the next two years.

Plus, they have Kotoni Staggs and Thomas Flegler free to negotiate with rival clubs from November.

There is huge interest from Sydney clubs for Fifita, but he is reluctant to leave Queensland.

South Sydney had to send Sam Burgess to Brisbane for talks with the giant edge forward because he didn’t even want to fly to Sydney for discussions.

Fifita, who is now regarded as a million-dollar player, went to school on the Gold Coast at Keebra State High School.

His manager Steve Deacon says there is no rush to make a decision despite the fact Fifita is off contract in October.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    My own thoughts are that (at best) we will have a chance of making the 8 in 2022. 2023 possibly more realistically depending on signings going forward. But one minute we’re a development club the next we’re trying to buy Fifita against a team that will destroy us in third party and brown paper bags. I think we were taking about Young Tonumaipea the other day to the detriment of our development players. Our juniors won’t show loyalty to a club that could possibly buy a player ahead of giving them their shot.

Expecting nothing from this team this year but doesn’t mean I won’t still be critical or disappointed or hurt.

Rejuvenated Bryce Cartwright declares he never wants to leave the Titans
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Bryce Cartwright has revealed he wants to stay at the Titans for the rest of his career as the skilful backrower admits his previous form for the club has not been up to par.

Bryce Cartwright says he has found happiness in football and life again and wants to finish his career at the Titans as a debt of gratitude for the club standing by him during the darkest days of his turbulent career.

The Cartwright who runs out in the clash against Parramatta at Cbus Super Stadium is a stronger soul than the tortured figure who left Penrith at the end of 2017 with his personal life in disarray.

The rugby league fraternity knows Cartwright’s back-story well. For the past two years at the Titans, Cartwright’s on-field form mirrored his off-field life in Sydney’s west - turbulent, frustrating and unpredictable.

But the winds of change that heralded new coach Justin Holbrook’s arrival at the Titans could be an appropriate metaphor for Cartwright’s revitalised state of mind.

After 37 games for the Gold Coast, some of which Cartwright concedes have been downright shockers, triggering his relegation to the Intrust Super Cup in 2018, the 25-year-old believes he has overcome his past traumas and found stability.

“I feel like I’ve come out the other side,” Cartwright says.

“I have definitely found that happiness in football. I’ve had a couple of good pre-seasons the past two years so I feel like I have started to build again after everything I went through.

“I have a great family and a great support system. The Titans have had my back since day dot when I got here whether I’ve played good or bad.

“I just want to have a good year for the Titans. I do feel like I owe the club. The fans deserve some good performances from the team and I want to be a part of that.”

Cartwright’s Nines campaign last month has stoked his motivational embers. There was a classy chip-and-chase and some flick passes that stuck, the type of plays that rocketed Cartwright into NSW Origin contention with his rampaging season at Penrith in 2016.

But the back-rower is candid about the current state of his NRL career. His defence at times in the past two seasons has been worryingly frail and there is a view Cartwright will never recapture the matchwinning mojo he oozed in his pomp at Penrith.

He notches his 107th NRL game this weekend, which is exactly 100 more than Cartwright expected to play when he suffered a shocking ankle fracture six years ago. Doctors told him he would never run again. Despite that, Cartwright has soldiered on, adamant he has not fulfilled his potential in the code.

“I honestly don’t think I’ve given my best in the game,” he said. “I’m only young and I still have a long way to go and things to improve. I want to be a consistent player this year. I don’t think I have ever been that type of player so that’s what I want to change about myself this year.

“Look, people know that defence is one of my weakest points. I’ve been working on that side of my game. Jimmy Dymock (Titans assistant coach and former Origin and Test lock) has come to the club and I have great respect for what he achieved as a player. I’m enjoying the defensive systems he’s been teaching us.

“I want to be a guy this year that my coach and teammates can trust. Whether I play one minute or 80 minutes, I want the guys to look at me and think, ‘He can do the job’.”

Cartwright is off-contract at the end of next year, but hopes to remain at the Titans for the long haul.

“I have one more year after this, so I have some security, but it’s important that I play more consistently,” he said. “I need to stay fit and healthy and win some games.

“I’d definitely love to finish my career at the Titans. I love the club. They have made me feel comfortable so if I’m doing well I feel no reason to leave.”

Titans coach Holbrook lauded Cartwright’s attitude.

“Bryce has been brilliant in pre-season,” he said. “He had a good Nines tournament and I’m looking forward to Bruce having a good year for us.

“I’m not putting pressure on him. I just want Bryce to play the way I know he can play and I will back him to do well.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER