Page 63 of 217 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I’m not a fan of AJ in the halves. I think he is 100% a fullback. I’d like to see Ash/Boyd start in the halves with Peachey playing a bench roaming lock or ball-playing second rower role.
    Would peachys defence hold up in those positions

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Would peachys defence hold up in those positions
    For 80 mins definitely not but off the bench sure

Inactive User

Please don’t play AJ in the halves. I’ll combust if that happens again.
    If Peachey is 5/8 that is a better defensive option for us then TRoberts or Boyd or AJ surely??
    Those of us saying play Peachey off the bench at lock/pinch hit hooker need to remember we are saying that it’s off the bench and not as a starter.

I'd rather Boyd at 6, he's a better kicker and organiser than Peachey which will take some pressure off ash. We don't want ash to be our only real kicker and get targeted constantly

Junior

Anyone with a link...It’s on: Titans ready to splash cash for Fifita

$3.2M BONANZA David Fifita’s retention at the Broncos was considered a done deal but the Queensland Origin star now isn’t sure if he will be at Red Hill in 2021 — and Gold Coast are ready to pounce.

I'd be shocked if he left Brisbane, but I have a tiny bit of hope because he went to school here, is good mates with Tino and Tanah, and hopefully Mal can have a big influence on him.

The Titans have formally expressed interest in David Fifita and requested a face-to-face meeting as Gold Coast culture chief Mal Meninga sparks a derby bidding war for the off-contract Bronco.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Titans hierarchy have officially entered the race for Fifita’s signature with the Gold Coast possessing a $3.2 million war chest in a bid to steal the Broncos young gun from their Queensland rivals.

Fifita’s retention at the Broncos was considered a fait accompli, especially after Sydney clubs recently aborted their pursuit, but the Queensland State of Origin star has revealed he isn’t sure if he will be at Red Hill in 2021.

That has opened the door for the Titans, who pose the greatest threat to the Broncos given their geographical location, which would allow Fifita to remain in his family home in Brisbane even if he played for the Gold Coast.

While Meninga last year lauded Fifita’s talent, the Titans never made a formal play as Sydney clubs led a $1 million charge for his signature.

That has now changed, with Fifita’s manager Steve Deacon fielding a call from Titans bosses seeking a formal meeting with the forward.

Brisbane are firmly in the box seat to retain Fifita, and they are still highly confident of keeping him, but if the issue solely came down to money, the Titans could outbid them.

The Broncos’ salary cap constraints this season mean Brisbane are likely to offer Fifita a one or two-year deal with a view to offering him a more lucrative mega contract as he approaches his mid-20s.

The Titans can table a huge package immediately.

It is believed Meninga has the salary-cap room to offer a four-year deal worth up to $800,000 a season – a $3.2 million bonanza.

The 107kg player, who will celebrate his 20th birthday on Tuesday, has ties to the Gold Coast.

Fifita attended the prestigious Keebra Park High and has several close friends at the Titans, including Tanah Boyd and forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, with whom he played in Queensland junior representative teams.

Fa’asuamaleaui will link with the Titans next year when he completes his commitments to the Storm and he has already phoned Fifita spruiking the merits of joining him on the Gold Coast

Titans culture boss Meninga secured Fa’asuamaleaui’s signature after seeing the Storm player in Gympie over Christmas and now the rugby league Immortal wants to meet with Fifita to pitch his vision for the club.

Meninga has a huge opinion of Fifita, handing the Broncos backrower his maiden Australian jersey for last year’s World Nines at Sydney’s Bankwest Stadium.

Fifita’s comments that he is in no rush to sign with Brisbane will no doubt fuel the Titans’ desire to strike while the forward is vacillating over his next move.

“I’m not too sure what I’m going to do to be honest,” he said.

“I’m happy at the Broncos.

“(But) It’s a business at the end of the day … you know how it works.”

Queensland Origin lock great Billy Moore said the Broncos could not afford to lose Fifita.

“He’s a once-in-a-generation forward,” Moore said.

“I’m sure Fifita could earn more on the open market so it’s up to the Broncos to put forward a competitive offer which I’m sure they will.”

Inactive User

Fifita and Tino can go share an apartment in Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise or Burleigh. Get out of home and Bach it up.
    Good times.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 23-02-20 at 07:41 PM.

Tino + Fifi in the 11 & 12 would be beyond filthy.

Add Mo to that combination and I'd have no problems with Jai being gone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Fifita and Tino can go share an apartment in Broadbeach or Surfers Paradise or Burleigh. Get out of home and Bach it up.
    Good times.
    Don’t forget tino’s misses had a kid last year lol

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Don’t forget tino’s misses had a kid last year lol
    There goes that plan to the dust bin.

First Grader

If they are going to prize Fifita they would surely have to offer more than $800k

Fifita would be an awesome buy and he is an upgrade on Arrow so it's a yes from me.

Rep Player

What if the club knew all along we were getting Fifita and that’s why they let Arrow go? A few of us would have egg on our faces.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    What if the club knew all along we were getting Fifita and that’s why they let Arrow go? A few of us would have egg on our faces.
    That’s one delicious egg