Page 61 of 217 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I wouldn't go and work at a rival company for less money just because my friends worked there.
    Who knows if it will be less money tho? A lot of ppl off contract this year! I think Taylor is off contract after this year too so unless he takes half back of the year, I don’t see him getting the same coin

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Haha yeh saw that and thought the same thing.. left the club he apparently loves and cried over to play for Bennett for 1 year.. would be good if Tino talked fafita to join us
    If Jai could not see that coming he must be a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Who knows if it will be less money tho? A lot of ppl off contract this year! I think Taylor is off contract after this year too so unless he takes half back of the year, I don’t see him getting the same coin
    Exactly. Nobody saw Tino coming and I reckon that we will still be very much in the mix for Fafita considering that he hasn't re-signed yet. We have the makings of a very good roster and a lot of players coming off contract as you say. There's no way Peats, Taylor or Proctor will be re-signed for as much as what they are on now. We are in a lot better place now than what we have been for a very long time for attracting quality players.

We also have beau fermor from Newcastle coming who is a 20s qld origin kid. We are starting to play smart money on signings. Mal using his connections in the qrl to scout younger talent.

2020 we will surprise the league I think

Taylor still contract to us for 2021. If we don’t re-sign James plus some coin we are close to Brisbane’s offer allegedly. Will he come to us for the same coin? Or will we need to up the offer? Fifita will sign where ever his mother tells him too.

As for Arrow. If he knew that we were never in the mix for his signature.

Arrow was a deal done to keep the gf happy and make himself some bucks. I doubt it had anything to do with the Titans or Bennett. He loves the Coast but looked after himself and Bennett is a has been but the dollars were there. Can’t blame him but it’s a pity.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Arrow was a deal done to keep the gf happy and make himself some bucks. I doubt it had anything to do with the Titans or Bennett. He loves the Coast but looked after himself and Bennett is a has been but the dollars were there. Can’t blame him but it’s a pity.
    Can’t agree with the can’t blame him bit. Our offer was comparable in comparison with cost of living, relocation, loss of future earnings by selling out on his hometown and reputation by saying lies for six months.

Yes mate I’m totally with you but he’s pussy-whipped which has no logic at all as we know, I offer the skinny coach as evidence.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yes mate I’m totally with you but he’s pussy-whipped which has no logic at all as we know, I offer the skinny coach as evidence.
    That’s a good point u make there re being besotted when at his age. It affects clear thinking.

CM reporting that we are looking at a Warriors Prop to replace James this year. Not sure of the players name though.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Sam Lisone, supposedly we’ve signed him. Anyone know if he’s good?

Inactive User

On last nights performance maybe we should have given Luke Page a one year contract

First Grader

Looking at the Warriors forum the fans think he is good in attack but terrible in defence and particularly at marker

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Looking at the Warriors forum the fans think he is good in attack but terrible in defence and particularly at marker
    Jim Dymock do your thing

Warriors release prop Lisone to link up with Titans

By David Long
    February 22, 2020 — 4.25pm

Sam Lisone has left the Warriors to join the Gold Coast Titans, having been granted a release from his contract just weeks out from the start of the season and on the eve of the New Zealand club's first trial on Saturday.

Lisone was due to play for the Warriors in their trial game against the Storm in Palmerston North on Saturday. He was a late scratching from the team, with it being put down to an injury.

However, the real reason why he didn't play was because his move to the Titans had been confirmed, ending weeks of speculation that he was on his way out from the Warriors.

The 26-year-old Lisone had a couple of NRL clubs interested in picking him up for this year, as well as Super League clubs in England who were willing to sign him on multi-year contracts. But, in the end, Lisone has agreed to move to the Gold Coast, calling time on his career at the Warriors that consisted of 85 games between 2015 and 2019.

With Lisone gone, it means the Warriors have two free spots on their roster for this season. Jack Murchie from the Raiders could fill one of those positions with the club keen on the big 22-year-old forward who has played three NRL games.

Murchie played for the Raiders at the recent NRL Nines in Perth and at 193cm and 105kg, is just the type of player the Warriors could do with up the middle.

Murchie would need a release from the Raiders to join the Warriors as he's in the last year of his contract with Canberra. But it is understood he is keen to come to Auckland, where he would have a better opportunity to get game time.

The Warriors are also looking at offering a contract to Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, who came to the club as a trialist during pre-season and has impressed Stephen Kearney with his attitude and ability.

The Warriors front row stocks suffered a blow when Bunty Afoa picked up a season ending ACL injury at training earlier this month.

But even so, the club were still willing to give Lisone a release and it's understood the relationship between Lisone and Kearney was poor.

A few years ago it looked like Lisone and Albert Vete would be the Warriors' leading props for a decade, but they've now both left the club without living up to the potential they showed earlier in their careers.

Lisone only played 11 first grade games over the past two seasons for the Warriors.

But the Titans were willing to take a chance on him and offer him the opportunity to revive his NRL career.

The Titans have lost Ryan James to a season-ending knee injury and with Moeaki Fotuaika having a wrist injury, Lisone could play in the club's first game of the season, against the Raiders on March 13.

It's believed Lisone will join the Titans for just one year, where he'll either be able to impress the club enough to give him a longer term deal, or he'll head to the Super League.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...22-p543d7.html
    Psmitty