Page 87 of 217 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3242
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Cowboys might disagree
    JT touches the ball far more than any 2nd rower in the comp

"Bateman’s ‘rotten, awful’ contract demands questioned by NRL greats "

BATEMAN GET REALITY CHECK FROM GAME’S GREATS

John Bateman’s contract saga has been labelled as “rotten” and “awful” by Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns.

Bateman has been allowed to talk to other NRL sides as he seeks an $800,000 per year deal.

But the behaviour of the Raiders star and his management has been met with fierce criticism from two of the game’s greats.

“It’s an awful look all the way around,” Fittler told WWOS.

Fox League brings back crowdsFox League brings back crowds0:29
    “If you have to go and ask for 800, you’re not worth 800. If you’re getting 800, clubs are giving it to you, they’re asking you to come to their club. It’s a bad look. Bad look.

“I think he’s already on 600 or something as well – it’s a pretty good earn.”

Johns, meanwhile, said there was a good group of back-rowers who should command better wages than Bateman.

“I went through some back-rowers … here’s the players in my opinion who are better players than John Bateman,” Johns added.

“Boyd Cordner, David Fifita, [Viliame] Kikau, Cam Murray. Elliott Whitehead, at the same club. Felise Kaufusi, Angus Crichton, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham. I think only a couple of those would be on 800.

“I just think it’s rotten. But it works both ways.

“If you sign a contract as a player, you play out your contract where you’ve signed. But also as a club, you take the gamble and sign a player to a long-term contract and something happens where they lose form, they lose interest, they have a fallout with someone, too bad. You’ve signed a contract.”

Yeah, pass.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    "Bateman’s ‘rotten, awful’ contract demands questioned by NRL greats "

BATEMAN GET REALITY CHECK FROM GAME’S GREATS

John Bateman’s contract saga has been labelled as “rotten” and “awful” by Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns.

Bateman has been allowed to talk to other NRL sides as he seeks an $800,000 per year deal.

But the behaviour of the Raiders star and his management has been met with fierce criticism from two of the game’s greats.

“It’s an awful look all the way around,” Fittler told WWOS.

Fox League brings back crowdsFox League brings back crowds0:29
    “If you have to go and ask for 800, you’re not worth 800. If you’re getting 800, clubs are giving it to you, they’re asking you to come to their club. It’s a bad look. Bad look.

“I think he’s already on 600 or something as well – it’s a pretty good earn.”

Johns, meanwhile, said there was a good group of back-rowers who should command better wages than Bateman.

“I went through some back-rowers … here’s the players in my opinion who are better players than John Bateman,” Johns added.

“Boyd Cordner, David Fifita, [Viliame] Kikau, Cam Murray. Elliott Whitehead, at the same club. Felise Kaufusi, Angus Crichton, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham. I think only a couple of those would be on 800.

“I just think it’s rotten. But it works both ways.

“If you sign a contract as a player, you play out your contract where you’ve signed. But also as a club, you take the gamble and sign a player to a long-term contract and something happens where they lose form, they lose interest, they have a fallout with someone, too bad. You’ve signed a contract.”

Yeah, pass.
    I think its also important to keep in mind that fox sports is pretty much a gossip magazine now, rarely do they fact check any of the articles. The only quote i have seen is from the raiders CEO saying he has permission to talk to other clubs and Bateman saying a-lot of the stuff out is untrue.

Who said anything about 800. Fox sports. Who made the assumption thats what it would take to leave the raiders. Fox sports.
    Last edited by elltee; 28-05-20 at 02:20 PM.

First Grader

I would be making a strong bid for Tesi Nui who can play centre and fullback and has real talent. He is young and blessed with speed and strength and would walk into our side

With Kerrod Holland being shopped around by the Bulldogs do you reckon he'd be a good signing for the titans? covers center and wing pretty damn well. Kicks goals decently and has a habit for scoring important tries. He's also only 27 so right in his prime and should be fairly cheap

Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    With Kerrod Holland being shopped around by the Bulldogs do you reckon he'd be a good signing for the titans? covers center and wing pretty damn well. Kicks goals decently and has a habit for scoring important tries. He's also only 27 so right in his prime and should be fairly cheap
    Strong no from me

Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO a step in the wrong direction is my thoughts

Rep Player

Agree with others, Holland is a nuffie

Don’t mind Holland but doubt that he’s an improvement on what we’ve got except for his kicking. Also I still need to be convinced that Fogarty is an NRL halfback. I hope I’m wrong but I can still remember his previous games ... I’ve crossed all my fingers and toes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

No to Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I would be making a strong bid for Tesi Nui who can play centre and fullback and has real talent. He is young and blessed with speed and strength and would walk into our side
    This is a good idea. I know a few on here rate him as well...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    This is a good idea. I know a few on here rate him as well...
    Watch broncos play him next week to cover Staggs suspension.
    Last edited by elltee; 29-05-20 at 12:23 PM.

If you're watching the Storm game

Max King lmfao

And I can't believe we're paying $700k for this Tino kid...not even Haas or Fifita were on that sort of money...in fact I'm not sure if either even are yet? Ridiculous...lets just leave it at that.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 30-05-20 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If you're watching the Storm game

Max King lmfao

And I can't believe we're paying $700k for this Tino kid...not even Haas or Fifita were on that sort of money...in fact I'm not sure if either even are yet? Ridiculous...lets just leave it at that.
    Didn’t see the game.. I’m guessing pretty ordinary?

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Hey mate. Just check. Looks like Courier Mail saying that he has just signed a new deal to stay at Broncos??

Can someone please confirm this at all ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady