Page 32 of 217 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Here JB: https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...-hospitalised/

Leeds linked with Boyd

Leeds Rhinos continue to be strongly linked with Gold Coast Titans’ giant forward Shannon Boyd, report League Weekly.

The 27-year-old, who has two years of his Titans contract to run, could very well be heading to Super League, according to League Weekly. The Rhinos want to make two major signings before the 2020 campaign gets underway.
    We have bought some duds over the years but the signing of this bloke by Brennan is right up there in the grand final. I think it was true that most on here at the time couldn't understand why we signed this plodder either.
    Whatever they can get for him, take it.

First Grader

He's a great player and a good signing and anyone from leads reading this forum is making a great decision and we will be sorry to have lost him

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    He's a great player and a good signing and anyone from leads reading this forum is making a great decision and we will be sorry to have lost him
    Well put. That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Immortal

Jonas Pearson confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Jonas Pearson confirmed
    Not a bad signing for what I would guess is a fairly minimum wage contract. Isn't the flashiest or most skillful player but will at least put a bit of pressure on Don & Copley for that other wing spot. We are desperately short in the outside backs so depth and competition is good

Prefer Pearson over Hoffman
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Article from a couple of hours ago claiming Souths are hopeful Arrow will sign with them in the next day or so:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sou...18-p53l8o.html

If he does leave I hope we are tough and don't release him a year early unless we get one or two really good players in return, Souths need him next year to win the comp so we should be making life hard for them

First Grader

The telegraph are reporting that Arrow went on a team camp to Coffs Harbour so who knows. Anyway I have never heard of the SMH writer before

Inactive User

The team are in camp in Coffs from Wednesday to Saturday and then have a break till the second week of January

Surely they don’t announce Jai’s leaving while he’s in camp with the boys then. Theres mixed reports because the telegraph said Souths were hoping to hear from Jai on Wednesday but instead he is in camp with the team, and there were quotes from Mal saying they’re confident in keeping him. But then on the same night this bloke is saying that Souths are confident they’re getting him, and we might release him early for another player and cash.

Rep Player

If Souths release Gagai and chip in ~200k of his 700k salary in exchange for Arrow, it wouldn’t be the worst outcome. Not my preferred outcome, but one I could live with.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Surely they don’t announce Jai’s leaving while he’s in camp with the boys then. Theres mixed reports because the telegraph said Souths were hoping to hear from Jai on Wednesday but instead he is in camp with the team, and there were quotes from Mal saying they’re confident in keeping him. But then on the same night this bloke is saying that Souths are confident they’re getting him, and we might release him early for another player and cash.
    Unless Jai wanted a chance to tell the team first.

We just appear to be being played as fools while Souths line up their finances.
    I hope like hell that I am wrong. I just think that if he was going to stay wouldn't he have just signed by now. I would expect that he'd be in camp anyway as he is under contract for next season.
    This whole situation where blokes that are under contract for 2020 are being involved in contract talks for 2021 is just a cancer on the game. To a degree I can put up with refereeing blunders, players getting in strife etc but I cannot accept the current contract situations.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 19-12-19 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Article from a couple of hours ago claiming Souths are hopeful Arrow will sign with them in the next day or so:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sou...18-p53l8o.html
    Just read that article. It seems that there is a belief that Arrow will be gone but in some articles it seems like there is a glimmer of hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Unless Jai wanted a chance to tell the team first.
    I see that point too. Like a last camp with the boys type of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    We just appear to be being played as fools while Souths line up their finances.
    I hope like hell that I am wrong. I just think that if he was going to stay wouldn't he have just signed by now. I would expect that he'd be in camp anyway as he is under contract for next season.
    This whole situation where blokes that are under contract for 2020 are being involved in contract talks for 2021 is just a cancer on the game. To a degree I can put up with refereeing blunders, players getting in strife etc but I cannot accept the current contract situations.
    That’s a point I keep coming back to. If he wanted to stay and was offered near enough money then why don’t he just sign already.

One other point in the whole thing is there side deals or allowances being done to include his Girlfriend etc ? Not sure ? Just a thought.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady