Page 67 of 217 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3242

Didn't know where to comment, so I'll just throw it in here but does anybody else think that Paul Kent and to a marginally lesser extent Ben Ikin are purely doom & gloom merchants. I watch those shows to be enlightened on the state of rugby league from afar but more often than not end them with a feeling of dismay ... just saying.

On topic, I thought Holbrook was refreshingly candid no matter how hard they tried to lead him into a controversial position.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Didn't know where to comment, so I'll just throw it in here but does anybody else think that Paul Kent and to a marginally lesser extent Ben Ikin are purely doom & gloom merchants. I watch those shows to be enlightened on the state of rugby league from afar but more often than not end them with a feeling of dismay ... just saying.

On topic, I thought Holbrook was refreshingly candid no matter how hard they tried to lead him into a controversial position.
    Kent was great back in “the back page” days of Birmingham, Gibbo and Frilingos but he’s become now a parody of himself. He’s past his use by date.

QLD Cup

Does anybody know if we are eligible for cap dispensation for James this year? That's a big chunk of our cap tied up on the sidelines. Didn't Canberra get something similar for Hodgson?

Only if it happened during a rep game his happened at training so no cap relief

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Only if it happened during a rep game his happened at training so no cap relief
    And fair enough. There’s already too much dispensation going around (cough cough Sam Burgess). The risk needs to lie with the clubs, not the rest of the competition of the NRL itself.

Yea well we were the victim of the Bunnies Burgess bailout weren't we...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea well we were the victim of the Bunnies Burgess bailout weren't we...
    Absolute rort, should’ve never happened. Even the insurance company refused to pay out on the basis that it was a pre-existing injury.

TITANS LAUNCH BID FOR RETURNING FLYER
    The Titans are making a desperate play to sign Samoan international Young Tonumaipea in a bid to add to their strike power out wide.
    Gold Coast managed just one try in a disappointing 24-6 loss to the Raiders in round one - and that came when the game was all but over.
    Tonumaipea is a noted attacking player who can fit in at centre or wing and has almost completed a Mormon mission in Germany.

The 27-year-old former Storm flyer is in the sights of several clubs, but appears most likely to end up at the Titans.
    With star flankers Suli Vunivalu and Josh Addo-Carr both set to leave the Storm at the end of the year, Tonumaipea's former club may also attempt to sign him up.

https://twitter.com/9_moley/status/1...664268288?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    The Titans are making a desperate play to sign Samoan international Young Tonumaipea in a bid to add to their strike power out wide.
    Gold Coast managed just one try in a disappointing 24-6 loss to the Raiders in round one - and that came when the game was all but over.
    Tonumaipea is a noted attacking player who can fit in at centre or wing and has almost completed a Mormon mission in Germany.

The 27-year-old former Storm flyer is in the sights of several clubs, but appears most likely to end up at the Titans.
    With star flankers Suli Vunivalu and Josh Addo-Carr both set to leave the Storm at the end of the year, Tonumaipea's former club may also attempt to sign him up.

Don’t remember him, was he any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Don’t remember him, was he any good?
    I don't recall him being a first string winger. I think he left Melbourne to join the God squad on a mission.

Seems weird that we are targeting a winger if that's true. We already have Pearson, GL and Spry waiting in the wings. What we need to be targeting is another prop/second row so we don't get caught in an injury crisis like last week where we have to play two utilities on the bench and only get to play Joliffe due to the injuries. Hell why not just upgrade Joliffe to a full time contract even

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Seems weird that we are targeting a winger if that's true. We already have Pearson, GL and Spry waiting in the wings. What we need to be targeting is another prop/second row so we don't get caught in an injury crisis like last week where we have to play two utilities on the bench and only get to play Joliffe due to the injuries. Hell why not just upgrade Joliffe to a full time contract even
    Perhaps we are targeting what is available to better the team as a whole rather than what we need as there are no props or 2nd rowers returning from missions. I wonder if there are any union lads that want to chance their hand?

Rep Player

I believe we are still chasing David Fifita, so that may address your concern, BT. If we miss out on him, I expect our recruitment strategy will adjust.

I followed Young Tonumaipea pretty closely and largely impressed by his skill-set, height, speed and size. We could do a hell of a lot worse. He played a fair bit of left centre and wing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

Might be another part of the “Get Fifita” strategy