Page 13 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast

now that I think about it, as if Arrow won't go play for Souths under Bennett.

All respect I once had for Arrow now gone.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    now that I think about it, as if Arrow won't go play for Souths under Bennett.

All respect I once had for Arrow now gone.
    He hasn't signed there yet mate. Twitter doesn't know anything, it's all speculation. He's a GC kid I'm sure the lure of playing for his home town is far more appealing than playing for an old washed up coach. Remember he's already walked out on Bennett because he wouldn't play him.

Plus I don't really understand the Arrow to Souths talk, considering they have one of the best locks in the game in Cam Murray there already. Surely with us having a more than competitive offer he would stick around even for a couple of years before hitting the market again. Guess we shall see.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Plus I don't really understand the Arrow to Souths talk, considering they have one of the best locks in the game in Cam Murray there already. Surely with us having a more than competitive offer he would stick around even for a couple of years before hitting the market again. Guess we shall see.
    Arrow can play prop which is a position Souths are quite weak in

First Grader

Arrow would be a very small front rower and that money talked about would be crazy as he will play less minutes.

Rep Player

I would hate to lose Arrow but whatever will be will be at this stage. If he does I am extremely curious to see the reaction from the club. As others have said if he goes then we work with what we have. We CANNOT do what we have done in the past and just throw a stupid contract at whoever is available. Same goes for trying to retain players. If you want to bring a replacement then it needs to be a signing like when we originally got Arrow (him leaving after we gave him a shot and he really became a superstar while playing for the titans really annoys me...james roberts anyone) and bring in a player with upside who might not be getting the playing minutes at another club.

TLDR: if arrow goes we wait for the RIGHT player not throw a big contract at a proctor and end up with someone who will never live up to the dollars they signed for.

Many teams following the a Raiders lead in smaller more mobile packs- Arrow fits that
    and did a good job playing in the front row for QLD

Yes Arrow’s motor buys him a big contract as a middle forward. I want him to stay for his other attributes such as young, local and clean skin but he’s not indispensable on field, imho. Whitbread and others can do that job too, maybe not as well but adequately. I think assembling a group who will buy into the Titans culture (whatever the coach thinks that is) and play for each other is more important at our stage than star power.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Arrow would be a very small front rower and that money talked about would be crazy as he will play less minutes.
    They have Tatola and Tom Burgess for big boppers. Unfortunately, I think Arrow would complement their pack very well.

Well, if it is the case, use and abuse him next season till he breaks or breaks out for us.

According to the Courier Mail, John Asiata from the Cowboys was seen touring Titans facilities

Really like Asiata.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Really like Asiata.
    Yep with you there Titanic. Reckon he would be a really good buy and shouldn’t break the bank. My only worry is that I hope it’s not because the club knows what’s coming with Arrow...

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Yep with you there Titanic. Reckon he would be a really good buy and shouldn’t break the bank. My only worry is that I hope it’s not because the club knows what’s coming with Arrow...
    I suspect that’s exactly the issue

Im ok with a ball playing middle against a meter eater.