Page 188 of 217 FirstFirst ... 88 138 178 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3242

Taylor has been poorly coached for two years. Let's see how he goes next year behind some go forward.
    On another note, it wasn't a pivotal moment in the match but watching fifita bust through tackles and offload to staggs really got me excited. Would his centre be Kelly or Copley? If it's Kelly watch out.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    **** off wanker. It's called an opinion. I'm not always pissing and moaning. Love that we're getting Tino and Fifita for starters.
    I’ll start a moan counter for you. I’ll ignore past moans so it’s at 1 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Taylor has been poorly coached for two years. Let's see how he goes next year behind some go forward.
    On another note, it wasn't a pivotal moment in the match but watching fifita bust through tackles and offload to staggs really got me excited. Would his centre be Kelly or Copley? If it's Kelly watch out.
    I don't know but I'm excited as well.

That will be deadly. I can't wait to see fifita in titans colours.

I know he is only 20 and many of his games have been at interchange hooker etc. but even when he has slotted into the halves, I just haven't understood the love for Tanah. Obviously combinations can take time to build but Taylor is just leagues above him as it stands in my opinion. On the comparison's to Dearden, I think you will find there is a reason the Bronco's let Boyd go instead. Would be nice to have QCup as I would be more than happy to see him force his way into the side but at the moment I don't see what Taylor is doing wrong.

As much as I want our juniors to come on I also don’t see where the love for Tanah comes from. I’m hoping Sexton has something.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Is Ashley Taylor worth persevering with beyond this season / contract? And is he our long-term half (6 or 7) of the future?

Fair questions, and ones that all fans of the club are inevitably going to start asking sooner or later (if they're not already).

I'm self aware enough of myself as a Titans fan to acknowledge my own optimistic-leaning bias.

I was super confident that Kane Elgey was going to be the future of the position at this club, and had a similar hardon for Sezer before him (albeit less firm, and not quite as long lasting as the "certainty boner" I had for LG).

I had already started following the NFL closely, years before LG was finished with our gold coast tits, which happened to be right around the same time that the club, lead by Annessley et al., was magestically failing at all levels... when my other favourite tits, the ones in Nashville, Tennessee had sarted stacking wins both on and off the field, as a direct result of improved leadership, culture and coaching.

I was, and still am, a huge Marcus Mariota fan (unreasonably and unjustifiably so); the then starting Quarterback for our music city brethren. This beautiful hawaiin man was drafted by the Tennessee Titans high, with huge hype, solid college credentials, and a ceiling (potential) as high as they come.

Marcus started as a largely unifying figure for fans of the Nashville Tits, but ended as an extremely divisive one. He was ultimately replaced due to poor performance midway through last season (his 5th year as a Titan), and his replacement, Ryan Tannehill (a dude who joined the TennesseeTits at the start of last year as a "back-up" to Marcus and had been traded to the tits for peanuts by the Miami Dolphins because after 7 years of mediocrity and Tannehill they decided he was league average and replaceable) went on to steer the titans to being 1 win from a super bowl appearance.

Tannehill was excellent last year. Shortly after Marcus was benched to make way for Tannehill as the starting QB, I remarked to a friend of mine that watching Tannehill take pretty much the same team that looked frustratingly average behind Marcus Mariota, and helping them to look dangerous, was like watching a p0rnstar make love to my wife expertly. Despite my reluctance to accept it, dropping Marcus was the right decision.

I learnt a few things watching the run that the Tennessee Titans went on with Ryan Tannehill @ QB last year. Like sometimes, the guy you really think is going to be THE guy, who you REALLY want to be THE guy, just isn't THE guy... Sometimes, I personally let the allure of potential weigh to heavily in my internal grading of a player. Especially a young player with completely valid reasons for not living up to said potential at the rate/pace I want them to. And most revelatory for me, a fan of two historically, pretty terrible teams... Winning is so f*ing good. Watching your historically bad team win games convincingly and consistently, in an entertaining fashion that is undeniable to fans of other teams and the sports media world that neg us hard, is like the most nourishing soulfood.

Winning in that fashion, without someone I previously considefeedt to be fairly crucial to the team's longterm success, and infact excelling by replacing the wunderkind with endless potential.. it just really emphasised the importance of good leadership at the very top level of a football club for me, and how good team culture and coaching are more important than what happens to the individual player(s) that I love and have huge wraps on.

So back to Ashley Taylor, and my beautiful sun-kissed, seasalted gold coast tits... I think Ash can still be really good. I think if certain things go right for him and the club around him, he could be our long term solution and the guy that takes us all the way. I think that the move to five-eighth has been good for him, as has Fogarty. With the role he's being given, the signs of improvement in his own game and the team they're starting to build around him, it's easy to be encouraged when projecting and forcasting his future with the club

I think one thing that all sane Titans fans should be in agreement on, is that he's not worth a million right now, and unless (a) he takes the next step (similar to the progression Nathan Cleary has demonstrated this year), by this time next year, or (b) he takes a haircut on his next contract.. you have to be comfortable saying "goodbye sweet prince, and I wish you well".

And if that does turn out to be the case, and ATay is not the chosen one, what then? Tannah Boyd? Toby Sexton? Someone not on the roster right now? I don't know. But I'm feeling pretty good about our leadership at the club for a first time in a long time, and the new head coach and coaching staff is starting to get me a little excited about being a fan of this team again. And the team culture ... Ok so maybe we still need to work on that pillar of success, but there's certainly enough of a foundation for me to start having some faith in the blokes behind the wheel, and finally trusting that roster moves and the fate of our young playmakers of the future are in good hands.

Ideal scenario would be for Ash to show the development we all want to see and for the club to resign him on something closer to market value (which id have to think would now be in that second tier range of 4 - 600k). Failing that, I think there are just too many factors that can change between now and when the club as to make the decision, to get too caught up about it. But like I said, worth thinking about.

It will be interesting to see what roster changes are still to come before Rd 1 next year. I find it hard to see us landing more than maybe one more big name, origin quality player before then. Talk of Kotoni Staggs coming -on the- to the tits seems premature. Surely we'd all prefer a hooker?

I haven't seen much to get excited about from Tanah either but I haven't seen anything from Taylor after 4 long years to get excited about as well.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 22-08-20 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I haven't seen much to get excited about from Tanah either but I haven't seen anything from Taylor after 4 long years to get excited about as well.
    I’m not saying Taylor is the answer going forward and definitely not worth the contract he is on, but you are kidding yourself to say you haven’t seen anything from Taylor in 4 years.

We all want him to be more consistent, take the ball to the line and run the ball more, but the talent is definitely there.

I'm of the opinion that once Taylors contract is up we move on from him. He is so fragile that telling him he is worth $450 instead of a million we see him tripping over his bottom lip for years to come. Bring on new blood. They will be at least equal to what we are getting from Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm of the opinion that once Taylors contract is up we move on from him. He is so fragile that telling him he is worth $450 instead of a million we see him tripping over his bottom lip for years to come. Bring on new blood. They will be at least equal to what we are getting from Taylor.
    Can't agree more with you and Gotitans re Taylor. One half decent game every month or so doesn't cut it. He is soft and his kicking game is atrocious.

Tomas Weaver can be added to that list and from what some say can be pretty good for us in the long term.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Can someone explain why Taylor is soft and fragile?

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I’ll start a moan counter for you. I’ll ignore past moans so it’s at 1 for now.
    Mate ease up. People are allowed to have their own opinion whether it’s positive or negative. If I remember correctly, you told me to pull my head in when I had a dig at you for liking the Don. I suggest you take a slice of your own advice.

For the record I’m in the Taylor camp. I think he will come good and I think he has going pretty well this year. In my opinion it was more to do with the coaching and the environment that Brennan installed than hurt his game. Out of the youngsters mentioned coming through I think that Sexton is going to be the real gun. His running game looks to be up there with the likes of Dylan Brown.

Let’s all be thankful that we are no longer mentioning Roberts name when we have conversations about our playmakers.

K2G I agree about LG. Gosh what a waste! If he was still around I think Holbrook may have appreciated his value. It is 2 years too late.