Page 151 of 217 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    DrongoeBill??
    a_guest?
    lol Bodsie, hell awaits and you’ll be in very good company lololol see you there.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Very much looks a done deal as it is all over the media. Told his team mates this morning. If true we have a very nice forward pack building.
    Psmitty

Mal talking about it now on Super Saturday. Guess that confirms it.

Excellent signing by the club. Great days ahead.

Immortal

Mal Meninga on Fox Sports confirmed that the deal is done.

Inactive User

Immortal

Broncos have confirmed it officially

Big signing and none of that one year crap. Well done. Hope we get what we paid for.

Immortal

We have confirmed it too!!!

The Courier Mail article confirming it also indicates we will finalise this week the release of Shannon Boyd.

On face value it is a hell of a lot of money on a kid who has played less than 50 games, but I think it is a massive signing that will bring benefits beyond the field. Also interesting is the theory that Fifita may think he is more likely to improve under the coaching of Holbrook rather than Siebold.

This, along with getting EseEse and Faasuamaleaui will be massive recruitment tools. What we need is a good hooker. Imagine playing off a pack of Herman, Tino, Mo, Fifita and Fermor. Exciting times.

Ok now I'm big kev excited.

Inactive User

Alright we can celebrate
    I’ve been saying for a long time he’s the only player in world football I’d pay overs for

We got him!!!!
    EAD Drongoes
    Eat ten of them you self entitled non footy fans

Woo Hoo!!!!
    Love bringing home the Keebra and PBC boys.
    This is a great day.
    Go Titans!!!!

Queensland State of Origin forward David Fifita will call the Titans home for the next three seasons.

The 20-year-old is returning to the Gold Coast where he attended high school and was captain of the 2017 Keebra Park School Boys National Championship winning side.

One of the most devastating young forwards in the game, Fifita is a significant addition to the Titans squad, bringing firepower to our forward pack.

“I am extremely excited by David committing to our Club for the next 3 years. Titans Head Coach Justin Holbrook said.

“As a coach we want to bring players to our club to improve the squad and David will definitely do that.

“David already has a close connection with our club through some of our players which is an important element that I am looking for as we build this team.”

Gold Coast CEO Steve Mitchell says this is a great result for the Titans.

“We welcome David to the Titans and are so excited that he has chosen to play his footy on the Gold Coast.

“We are looking forward to getting to know the Fifita family.

“Family is central to David’s decision and it is a core piece of what we are building at the Club

“We wish David well for the rest of the season in Brisbane and for the State of Origin series to follow and can’t wait to welcome him into our squad later this year.”

At the Titans Fifita will join former Australian Schoolboys team-mates Tanah Boyd and 2021 recruit Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, along with his fellow Keebra Park alumni in AJ Brimson and Moeaki Fotuaika.

Regards,

The Gold Coast Titans
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I'm delighted to read this news. It really warms my heart as a fan. This isn't just big news, it's epic. I hope it signals a paradigm shift.

It ticks many boxes for me and he brings much more with him than what he can bring to the field. I'm also excited about him returning to the Gold Coast and partnering with friends.

Can you imagine the TITANS vs BRONCOS matches? It'll be so good!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

David Fifita contract: Titans poach Broncos star on $3.5m deal
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

It’s official, David Fifita is off to the Gold Coast. The signing is a significant blow for the Broncos, who are mired in one of the worst form slumps in the club’s 32-year history.

The Gold Coast Titans have landed the biggest signing in their history by poaching Queensland Origin gun David Fifita from the Brisbane Broncos on a record $3.5 million deal.

Fifita has informed his Broncos teammates he will be leaving Red Hill to accept a three-year deal to join the Gold Coast from 2021.

The signing is a significant blow for the Broncos, who are mired in one of the worst form slumps in the club’s 32-year history.

Fifita joining the Gold Coast would be a shot in the arm for the embattled Titans and, in turn, rock the NRL’s one-time glamour club the Broncos to its core.

Money is an obvious consideration for Fifita, with the Titans upping the ante again in recent days with a three-year package that begins at $1.25 million for next season and dwarfs Brisbane’s counteroffer.

Fifita would sacrifice almost $1 million over the three-year period by staying loyal to the Broncos.

But there are other critical factors in Fifita’s decision-making process, chiefly the hammer-blow to player morale at the Broncos and the fear he will not improve as a player under the coaching of Anthony Seibold.

Fifita finalised his decision with mother Gwen, who has played an active role in negotiations that have spanned six months, and Friday night’s 46-8 debacle against Melbourne has not helped Brisbane’s cause.

The 20-year-old is aware of internal ructions with a number of players unhappy in Brisbane’s current environment, their morale taking another hit against the Storm, which represented their eighth loss in nine games.

Several players are struggling with Seibold’s coaching style. Fifita has been weighing up whether Seibold is the right coach to take him to the next level as a player and whether he would receive better mentoring under Justin Holbrook at the Titans.

Broncos insiders remained hopeful of keeping Fifita but would not be surprised if he accepted the Gold Coast deal that would make him the joint highest-paid player in the code alongside Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Maroons hulk initially planned to sign a one-year deal but is now prepared to seek more security and ink a longer-term arrangement.

Brisbane board member Darren Lockyer conceded Brisbane can’t compete with Gold Coast’s millions.

“The one-year deal sounds like it has changed,” said Lockyer, also part of the club’s recruitment-and-retention committee.

“He is taking his time to consider the deals at the Titans and Broncos.

“It’s a big decision for Dave and his family.

“We have been pretty upfront in saying we just can’t match what the Titans are offering.

“What I know about Dave is he is hugely talented, has a good attitude to his training and is a good competitor.

“When we talk about multi-year deals we need to make sure we’re comfortable with the person’s attitude and competitiveness. Dave ticks those boxes.

“We will put our best foot forward in terms of our offer to him and he’s got to make a decision on what he thinks is best for him and his family.”

Seibold refused to discuss Brisbane’s hopes of retaining Fifita after the Storm defeat, saying: “I’m not talking about that ... I’m here to talk about the game.”

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

David Fifita contract: Titans coach explains $3.5m deal for Broncos star
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

Phil Gould has labelled the offer “totally irresponsible” and the Titans have been criticised for tabling such a big contract to an edge back-rower, but Justin Holbrook has explained the reasons behind the club’s David Fifita deal.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook has defended the Gold Coast’s $3.5 million signing of Broncos star David Fifita and declared the club is heading in the right direction.

Fifita has quit the Broncos to sign a record three-year deal with the Titans which will see the Queensland Origin star pocket a remarkable $1.25 million in 2021.

At age 20, Fifita will be one of the highest-paid players in the NRL next year and eclipse the $1.2 million the Titans outlaid to bring Jarryd Hayne back from the NFL.

Fifita’s Titans offer is front-ended to entice him to the Gold Coast and drops to about $1.1 million-a-year for 2022-23.

League heavyweight Phil Gould labelled the Titans’ offer for Fifita “totally irresponsible” and the club has been criticised for tabling such a big contract to a 37-game edge back-rower.

But Holbrook explained the reasons behind the offer and said he was comfortable with the Gold Coast’s salary cap and recruitment strategy.

“He is the best young forward in our game, I’m comfortable with our approach there,” Holbrook told News Corp.

“With the bigger dollars you’re talking about you want them to be game changers, not necessarily what position they play.

“Dave is one of those players. Go back to round one where he made that break against the Cowboys and runs around the fullback.

“I’m not disagreeing with you, you want to spend in the right areas on key playmakers. But I feel we’re good in those positions.

“Having a real power forward, which we’re getting with Tino (Fa’asuamaleaui) and Herman (Ese’ese) as well, puts us in a really good position.

“We’re getting the right people at our club and that’s what we want.”

The Titans have earned a reputation for making poor recruitment decisions and their opponents at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday, Penrith, took full advantage of that.

Gould, Penrith’s former football boss, offloaded Bryce Cartwright, Leilani Latu and Mitch Rein to the Gold Coast in 2018 after Panthers assistant Garth Brennan was appointed head coach of the Titans.

The Titans also signed Tyrone Peachey from Penrith on a $1.5 million deal and will this week finalise an agreement to release $2.4 million flop Shannon Boyd from his contract.

The Titans have made some astute signings for 2021 in poaching Fa’asuamaleaui from Melbourne and Ese’ese from the Knights and the acquisition of Fifita would give them a genuine marquee recruit.

Holbrook said he was intent on turning around the Gold Coast’s reputation for making poor recruitment decisions.

“That’s not the case now and we’re showing that by who we’re signing,” he said

“That’s absolutely crucial. We’re on the right track with recruitment.

“I’m excited about what we’re doing there. We’ve made some great signings.

“You can never get it completely right, but we’ve got a really good process with our recruitment now.

“We’ve got a team of us together and that’s the key. If you don’t get it right it hurts you so much.

“We want to be doing our best to get the balance of our squad right and we’re working towards that.

“Herman is at a top four club that’s a chance of winning a comp and he was happy to come to us and Tino is coming out of the Melbourne Storm.

“Tino talks about what he’s learning and how he wants to bring it to us next year. It’s a really good future for us with those boys joining us.

“The key for me is getting the right people at our club. I’m confident in what we’ve done.”