Page 39 of 217 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Did we end up increasing our offer to Arrow. We were sitting on $1.8 over 3 years. If he was offered $3.2 over 4 then i’m not holding a grudge anymore. Especially if we offered a kid $2 million over 3.

Bells are tolling on Meningas worth once again.
    Yes we ended up increasing the offer and almost matching it. Think we offered 700k a year and Souths offered 800k. I’m happy with Meninga and the club not being bullied into paying overs like we usually do. Jai didn’t leave for money, he left to play for Bennett supposedly (I don’t know why he would).

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Jai didn’t leave for money, he left to play for Bennett supposedly (I don’t know why he would).
    That's BS in my opinion. It's always about the money and I recently read we were at $1.8m over three years which is unders in my book. If that was the case I agree with JB.
    Can someone remind just what Mal has done since he got here (and since leaving to cop the job and live in Canberra).

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    That's BS in my opinion. It's always about the money and I recently read we were at $1.8m over three years which is unders in my book. If that was the case I agree with JB.
    Can someone remind just what Mal has done since he got here (and since leaving to cop the job and live in Canberra).
    That was the original offer yes but you blokes are forgetting that we ended up increasing it and the latest article tonight says we were 100k short per year. His reasons clearly weren’t money if that’s the case, I think it has more to do with his partner and playing with a coach he wants to play with. Nothing more Mal or the club could have done if that’s the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    That was the original offer yes but you blokes are forgetting that we ended up increasing it and the latest article tonight says we were 100k short per year. His reasons clearly weren’t money if that’s the case, I think it has more to do with his partner and playing with a coach he wants to play with. Nothing more Mal or the club could have done if that’s the case.
    So that means we were around $300k short over three years? That's about the money to me and I can't cop the bs about his missus. You say nothing more Mal could have done and this may well be right...but what has Mal done for us. Very bloody little from what we see on the field and elsewhere.
    Anyway, we'll just agree to differ on this one. It's Christmas after all.

First Grader

Imma just copy and paste my post from Reddit.

I honestly want to keep him. Flog him until he falls over or throw him in reserve grade if he throws in the towel. I'm not mad that he signed elsewhere, he's entitled to do what he wants. But we as a club have him on our books. Why not utilise him for a season? The most important thing for this club's future right now is not juniors. It's some success to draw in fans and sponsors, and our team needs him. 2021 we will have a new squad with new hope but for now we need him. Another season with the spoon could kill / relocate the club.

- - - Updated - - -

We need to give our juniors ago but we ultimately need some runs on the board first.

With you titty
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

I don’t believe anything the media reports about contracts and contract offers. Souffs/Arrow have an agenda at play to save face for him being nothing but a rat and they have a sympathetic media happy to help them out with it.
    He’s squibbed his mates and his home.

First Grader

Yes Arrow has shown himself to be a liar and not to be trusted.

It is one thing going to another club at the end of your contract but it is a totally different thing wanting to break your contract with your local club to do so and going early after saying how much he wanted to stay at the Titans.

Let Arrow go and get Latrell Mitchell should get him on a reduce price for 2020. He a way better option then a swap deal for Gagai
    Latrell keep AJ honest at the FB spot as well and solves our goal kick problem.

Immortal

We are no chance at getting Mitchell by the sound of it, apparently he will sign with Souths Sydney as well.

Heck the salary cap is an incredible thing.

Inactive User

Imagine if we are so stupid that we Take some castoff from Souffs like Gagai or Johnson and that then allows them to take a local junior in Arrow off us and for them to also get a North Coast kid like Mitchell who would be much more suited to our environment. Thus allowing Souffs to go further up the ladder as a reward for taking our local junior and us having a weaker roster and having to pull more poo uphill just to not come last.

Unfortunately I think Mal and CEO Mitchell are capable of being that stupid.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 26-12-19 at 10:24 AM.

Arrow is worse than cherry Evans and jimmy the jet after what he's done, Souths need him next year to win the comp so let's make life difficult for them unless we get Latrell or another really good player before we let arrow go

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Arrow is worse than cherry Evans and jimmy the jet after what he's done, Souths need him next year to win the comp so let's make life difficult for them unless we get Latrell or another really good player before we let arrow go
    Indeed. Mal and the Club need to realise we hold the cards here and the fan base generally speaking would rather Arrow plays on in 2020 for us rather than get walked over and get a crap deal.

I could not stomach losing Arrow in exchange for a Gagai or Johnson.

Going to have to do MUCH better than that!!!

Also it’s going to be fun to just sledge Arrow from the sidelines if he plays for us when he gets interchanged next season, all I’ll do is call out quotes of his own words. No need to yell traitor or Judas, just use his own words.
    Will give myself something to do in games where we are getting beaten.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 26-12-19 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Indeed. Mal and the Club need to realise we hold the cards here and the fan base generally speaking would rather Arrow plays on in 2020 for us rather than get walked over and get a crap deal.

I could not stomach losing Arrow in exchange for a Gagai or Johnson.

Going to have to do MUCH better than that!!!

Also it’s going to be fun to just sledge Arrow from the sidelines if he plays for us when he gets interchanged next season, all I’ll do is call out quotes of his own words. No need to yell traitor or Judas, just use his own words.
    Will give myself something to do in games where we are getting beaten.
    Yep if the club just rolls over and let's arrow walk for free or for rabbits unwanted players then it shows that we haven't chamged one bit in the last 5 years and we may as well give up

Arrow could've just said nothing or that he just wants to focus on next year not constantly talk about how much he loves the club, city and team and then leave like that

First Grader

It was all a bargaining tool. He says he wants to stay and loves the club. Basically indicating to other club's that they'll have to pay more to prize him away, plus he comes away looking like a good guy. Look how latrells negotiations turned out when he said he wanted to explore his options at fullback before and wasn't happy with the money offered. I honestly think his heart hasn't been in it since the start.