Page 54 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 154 ... LastLast

Haven’t heard of him before but I like what I’m hearing and the wraps he is getting. It’s always a good sign when Knights fans are shattered to lose him. Plus we need backrowers so that is good news

QLD Cup

We seem to be developing a young roster with a lot of potential.

Youth youth youth ... they only way to patch an underachieving roster ... like this signing a lot.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The Sniper is back with all your Gold Coast sporting gossip
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

RUGBY LEAGUE

TITANS centre Brian Kelly says next month’s NRL Nines in Perth will serve as an ideal lead-in for his fourth season in the top grade - but he faces a nervous wait to learn if he’ll get there.

With the 23-year-old’s partner, Marissa Carr, due to give birth to their first child in mid-February, Kelly remains unsure if he will be on the plane to WA with his Gold Coast teammates.

“I think (the Nines) has been out for a couple of years so it’s a good little warm up to the year. Just getting your hands on the ball and space for us backs, it’s a fun tournament,” Kelly, who scored eight tries in 23 games for the Titans last season, said.

“I’m looking forward to the season kick off and the Nines is just around the corner. This year’s my fourth pre-season and I’m probably enjoying it the most this year.

“I’ve just got to wait and see (about the Nines), I’ve got a little bub on the way and it’s around that due date so it just depends on if it comes or not. I’m just excited to have a little family come along with the footy.

“It hasn’t changed too much about me, I’m just excited and keen for the experience. I can’t wait for the season to kick off.”

With new coach Justin Holbrook putting a heavy focus on defence in pre-season, Kelly said assistant and renowned hardman Jim Dymock had already made an impact on the playing group.

“Jimmy’s been awesome. He definitely ramps you up and gets you geed up for training,” Kelly said of the 47-year-old, who won a World Cup with Australia and the 1995 premiership at Canterbury.

“If you do something good or bad he definitely pulls you up or encourages you as well. He’s a big help this pre-season and I’m enjoying working under him.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It's good that everyone's talking about how Holbrook is focussing on defence, I remember all Garth said was he wants us playing exciting attacking football, and look how that turned out

Junior

What are everyone’s thoughts on Adam Doueihi?? Left Souffs today

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Isn’t he insisting he has to play FB??
    If so then he can’t come here. We have AJ.

Junior

I’m not sure, all these players want that fullback money but someone has to play centre, wing or off the bench.

They may want FB money but they have to be playing NRL first.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    He was probably already offered as a carrot to get Arrow earlier. I’d prefer not to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    He was probably already offered as a carrot to get Arrow earlier. I’d prefer not to sign him.
    He's signed with the Tigers apparently anyway
    Last edited by Dobes; 30-01-20 at 01:01 PM.

Anyone know if D Fifita is still a chance? He had a really good combination in a Aussie Schoolboys game with TBoyd.
    Strange he is not a done deal for the broncs already.

He was never anything close to a chance of coming here

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Anyone know if D Fifita is still a chance? He had a really good combination in a Aussie Schoolboys game with TBoyd.
    Strange he is not a done deal for the broncs already.
    I thought we got Tino. Doubt we could offer the money he could attract.

Now that Fermor has officially signed, we have quite a few great young backrow prospects in Fermor, Tino and Darius Farmer. For people such as Mdrew who are familar with the young guns, which one would you tip to partner Tino in the backrow in the next few years?