Page 123 of 217 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 133 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3242

Just wanted to come in and say a few things:

Teams are locked in a bubble right now, essential personnel only which means no board members or front office can legally talk to players right now so recruitment is being done by managers only without players meeting clubs etc. expect more whispers from fringe players agitating for spots. If pere hasn’t cracked our side yet we don’t really want him lol

Coaches know about the dead weight. Expect big changes in the offseason, this year is about testing and proving fringe players for replacements

Coac

Quote Originally Posted by T0ken View Post
    Just wanted to come in and say a few things:

Teams are locked in a bubble right now, essential personnel only which means no board members or front office can legally talk to players right now so recruitment is being done by managers only without players meeting clubs etc.
    Phones are not allowed either??

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Phones are not allowed either??
    phones are allowed but a phone call is usually the first point of contact for recruitment, then coach meeting and facilities tour and other things of that nature which cant happen.

like usually the scenario (eg mal talking to fifita) would be mal calls manager, then calls player, then sees player, then backdoor spruiking to sign. so far we can only do points 1 and 2. also players are locked down in the bubbles with each other, harder to talk to other clubs if you know every tom dick and harry will ask you about it at training next day. i think that's why you'll see a lot more palming of this stuff off too managers until we are covid free (if ever)

What happened to “I’m leaving that to my manager. I’m just going to concentrate on playing good footy”

@Danny_Weidler
    LATEST: View out of Broncos is THEY say David Fifita is gone. Broncos cap needs cleaning up. Can’t and won’t match offer from Titans. No one on record. Asked manager Steve Deacon for confirmation: “No decision yet, but will be one soon.” Broncos negotiating tactic?
    @9NewsSyd

‘David Fifita is gone’: Broncos look set to lose superstar forward as cap hole deepens

Injured Broncos superstar David Fifita is as good as gone from the Broncos, according to reports.
    Danny Weidler reported the Broncos will be unable to match a massive offer from the Titans.

“View out of Broncos is they say David Fifita is gone,” Weidler tweeted.

“Broncos cap needs cleaning up. Can’t and won’t match offer from Titans.

“No one on record. Asked manager Steve Deacon for confirmation: “No decision yet, but will be one soon. Broncos negotiating tactic?”

Laurie Daley blasted the Broncos over their salary cap management if they do lose arguably their brightest young talent.

“If they lose David Fifita they’ve severely stuffed it up,” Daley said.

“He’s the most promising, the best forward of them all. They can’t lose him. You can lose some of the others but you can’t lose him.”

Brent Read reported Fifita would have to sacrifice as much as $500,000 to stay at Red Hill.

“Fifita has made it clear to the Gold Coast and Brisbane – along with an unnamed Sydney side who are believed to still be in the market for his services – that he will only consider a one-year deal for 2021 before looking to sign a longer agreement next year,” Read wrote in The Australian.

“The Australian understands the Titans have weighed in with a deal worth $1 million for next season, an offer that would make him one of the highest paid forwards in the game.”

The Sydney club in contention is the Bulldogs, according to the Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie.

However Fifita seems unlikely to want to move to Sydney, so that leaves him with a decision between the Broncos and the Titans.

“We will know his decision within the next 48 to 72 hours,” Ritchie said on The Big Sports Breakfast.

Still doesn't confirm anything and only media speculation still but fingers crossed!
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 08-07-20 at 06:41 AM.

Wow huge news if true and a good start to attract other players. If what Token says is true and there is a major clean up at the end of the year then things are looking up. I also like the fact the Hollbrook is trying untested players and rookies. If we can get a few cheep players and young debutons mixed with dumping some under performers and get Fifita then things are looking positive.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

I’m optimistic but not gonna count the chickens before they hatch

You’ve gotta love the media dont you...obviously they are just making things up now

@Danny_Weidler
    LATEST: David Fifita has called a leading Brisbane offical in last hour to say he has had a change of heart. Broncos said he was gone last night. Fifita give an official a verbal “I’m staying”. Again - no one will go on record. If true, quite the backflip. Stay tuned @9NewsSyd

Here is the link to where the article came from on the Big Sports Breakfast.

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/MlD93D.mp3

David Fifta conversation starts at about 9 minutes
    Psmitty

Anything that Danny Weidler “ Breaks “ I have huge scepticism with , particularly in this case. Will not dare to entertain any level of excitement or belief that this will happen until both clubs release statements. Until then it’s click bait and fish and chip wrapping.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    You’ve gotta love the media dont you...obviously they are just making things up now

@Danny_Weidler
    LATEST: David Fifita has called a leading Brisbane offical in last hour to say he has had a change of heart. Broncos said he was gone last night. Fifita give an official a verbal “I’m staying”. Again - no one will go on record. If true, quite the backflip. Stay tuned @9NewsSyd
    Ok - to interpret that, it means that the Broncos have found a third party deal for him. Even if they have a tight salary cap, a third party is outside that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea was that Fifita would sign a one year deal with the Ponies, split with his manager and then hopefully sign with us for the five year deal?

Inactive User

Blah Blah Blah
    NRL “media”

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by kioli View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea was that Fifita would sign a one year deal with the Ponies, split with his manager and then hopefully sign with us for the five year deal?
    He would sign a 1-year deal. Enable the ponies to cut the roster and make room for him. Then re-sign past next year.

Now our mate Pete Badel reporting that Fifita rang Siebold last night to inform him that he would be leaving to come to the Titans yet he had a "change of mind" this morning and wants to stay. Was that change of mind a money filled brown paper bag at his front door

This is a massive circus and all just guessing from the media. Sounds like we will get confirmation soon but my gut feeling is that he's staying with Brisbane and has been all along.