Page 125 of 217 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    As much as he has talent, this smacks of using us and ending badly. It stinks and I’m tired of being every players doormat. I’d like to read “Titans withdraw offer and suggest that Fifita and his mother enjoy their life in Brisbane suburbia.”
    Absolutely. Might be time now if this one year cynical sucker punch is true to walk away and reassess getting 2-3 good young players with the Fifita money instead. Enjoy life in Brisbane...give me the likes of Currumbin, Broadbeach, Isle of Capri any day for my long term future and lifestyle. But that’s just crazy me I guess.

This is great that this has been reported as I won’t lose any sleep or be one bit disappointed now if he doesn’t come.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 08-07-20 at 11:05 AM.

Junior

I am angry we have even bumped it to 1.1 a year (Reported). I would be pulling the deal. Yeah, he's gun... but if he's too dumb to realize what a great deal we are offering.... a mill a year until you are 26 years old. Crazy to even suggest not taking it. Pull out now. At least keep some respect and not be left the laughing stock yet again.

How much of it is true I wonder. I really don't like the idea of the club being used like this.

Yea if he only wants to use use for a year for the money then f**K him let's use that money to find another Harry grant and beau fermor. Mal needs to stop talking in the media about every player we are chasing or else we will continue to look like a joke of a club when we sign no one. I hope it's all media bull**** cause he really could turn the whole clubs fortunes around but if he only wants to use us for the money then screw him

Mum’s the word on Broncos star David Fifita’s future

The mother of Brisbane Broncos star David Fifita has revealed the emotional torment her son is going through as he wrestles with a decision over his future.

“It has been one of the most difficult decisions we have had two make in his whole footy career,” Gwen Fifita told The Australian.

“That is why it is taking so long. He can’t come to a decision. One day he is certain, the next day he is not certain.

“Nothing is certain until he signs that contract. Nothing is certain yet. Yesterday he said he wanted to be with the Titans. Today he says he wants to be with the Broncos.

“Tomorrow it might be the Titans again. They are not rushing either. They understand it is a massive decision and they are not rushing.

“They are letting him have all the time he needs. He is very close. He wants to make a decision before he returns and he returns next week.

“He wants to put it to bed before he runs out on the field again. He just wants to concentrate on footy. We don’t want to worry about contracts.

It is massively difficult. It is emotional for me as a mum watching my son go through this. He knows he has to make a decision.

“We haven’t come to that yet. It is chopping and changing, going back and forth.”

Fifita reportedly told Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold on Tuesday night that he was ready to accept a million-dollar offer from the Titans for next season.

On Wednesday morning, he was leaning back towards the Broncos, who have tabled a bid of about $700,000 for 2021.

Brisbane have precious little wriggle room because their cap is tight next year. They have money to spend in 2022 and the likelihood is that if Fifita stays, he will get another pay rise at the end of next season.

Fifita’s greatest ambition is to pay off his mother’s mortgage and buy his own property. He shouldn’t have a problem on that front given the money that is being thrown at him – late last year South Sydney weighed in with a massive offer as well, Sam Burgess flying to Brisbane to meet Fifita.

However, it is understood the 20-year-old wants to stay in southeast Queensland to be near his family, leaving him to choose between the Broncos and the Titans.

“You want to own things in life,” Gwen Fifita said.

“You want to own them while you can. He wants to pay my mortgage off so he can worry about himself and know mum is fine.

“He wants to play comfortable footy at a good club. The Broncos have been good to him but they … haven’t won for six games in a row.

“He got offered this money from the South Sydney Rabbitohs but the timing wasn’t right. That offer came too quick.

“Something like this has come up again. It can make or break somebody. It can make or break a club too.

“It has been very hard. I have been very emotional. It has hit me hard this morning. I see the frustration in his face.

“He wants to put this to bed but he just doesn’t know what to do. He can’t really talk to anyone from the club because obviously they want to keep him.

“He doesn’t trust many people either. He can’t really get any advice or support of other people, just his teammates.

“No one has told him what to do. They support him. At the end of the day he has to look after family. Family was there before footy came along.”

First Grader

“No one has told him what to do. They support him. At the end of the day he has to look after family. Family was there before footy came along."

She wants him to take titans money

Immortal

I fear we are being used by the media and others, no matter what the truth is and what happens the headlines will be great for the Broncos and a fearful attack on us. SIGH!!!!!

Called this a fortnight ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I fear we are being used by the media and others, no matter what the truth is and what happens the headlines will be great for the Broncos and a fearful attack on us. SIGH!!!!!

Called this a fortnight ago.
    Spot on mdrew . Peter Badel and Chris Garry will delight in saying " Never was going " " Wanted to stay a club going somewhere " .
    However his mothers quotes saying he keeps changing his mind would give some people some hope.

One thing the players need to think of in staying with the Broncos is if PVL gets his wish and puts another club in Brisbane this MAY erode the 3rd party deals that the Broncos can offer
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Mum wants the money ... imagine that 6% ... he could ask to load the contract 6% and get it done ... so petty.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

She also states that the broncos haven't won the last 6 games, so let's hope they get towelled up by the Bulldogs than they go on the run against the hard clubs.

Money is def in the back of her mind and safety net for the family and let's not forget his injury it should make the money more appealing.

But let's get a decision asap already so we can all move on

So as the pressure mounts on "The Glamour Club" and every news media outlet is hounding them for stories on what's wrong with the Bronco's out of the blue come's the Fifita saga...… Sounds like a deflection story.
    I bet he is conflicted, he has good mates at Brisbane and they did bail him out of his mess in Bali but he can see what our money could do for him. The fact that he is wavering shows where his heart is IMO.
    I am keen for him to sign for us but this whole 1 year thing is a real worry. If he signs a 1 year deal with us he is a free agent again in November. He is tied to his current manager until the end of 2021 apparently so this whole saga could drag on until early 2022.
    My take, let him sign the 1 year at the Bronco's and then go again in November, no way would I entertain a 1 year deal in the hope he stays after that.
    Last edited by ozynorts; 08-07-20 at 01:26 PM.

There is more to the article but I’ve highlighted the interesting bit.

While his mother Gwen is the most important figure in his contract negotiations, Seven News also reported that those gunning for the star forward are concerned there’s a mystery party in Fifita’s ear.

He is believed to be using specific language in meetings which those involved in negotiations say is coming from another, much more knowledgeable source and there is concern this could play a big role in the decision he makes.

But ultimately, this is Fifita’s decision and no one else’s.

He’s not going to rush it either so the saga may drag on for a little while longer until Seibold gets another phone call.

What will be on the other end of the line is anyone’s guess at this point.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2020-david-fifita-contract-brisbane-broncos-backflip-gold-coast-titans-negotiations-news-updates/news-story/51891c06a7d4a2a7ef7d77cb8b770cf2?$web_only=true&utm_source=breaking_sportsmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=crm&utm_content=static&$3p=e_ab&$original_url=http://at.foxsports.com.au/link/51891c06a7d4a2a7ef7d77cb8b770cf2?%24web_only=true&utm_source=breaking_sportsmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=crm&utm_content=static&_branch_match_id=802017556903458614
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Conjecture on the mystery agent ... someone closely related to he who parted the waters and Seibold and half the ‘Ponies squad.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How about "Nick off now".
    Come to the Titans for one year for the money and return to the Drongoes when they have more money to give him.
    Doesn't see himself playing for the Titans long term, well neither do I anymore.

Hoping our young guys power on this year and establish themselves such as Fermor and Spry and also hopefully landing Fifita. From all articles Ese Ese looks a certainty to come also. Would be good to sign a quality Hooker also such as Mahoney but doubt that would happen. Hopefully we can cut Peats, Cartwright, Wallace, S.Boyd, Proctor, Roberts & Copley. Handy lineup for next year could potentially be:
    1. Brimson
    2. Thompson
    3. Kelly
    4. Tonumaipea
    5. Spry
    6. Taylor
    7. Boyd
    8. Fotuaika
    9. Rein
    10. James
    11. Faasuamaleaui
    12. Fifita