Page 197 of 217 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    I would be focusing on finding the best value for money center possible whether that be YT or elsewhere. How many spots do we have empty in the 30 for next year?
    I think due to COVID and the NRL shaving the salary cap the player squad is 28 for 2021. So it could be argued that some clubs will look for players that can play multiple positions. Hence why Holbrook MAY want to keep Peachey around.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I also think because of covid plenty of players will be wanting to move to QLD on unders.

^^^Especially Qlders coming home
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Never the less good sentiment from Ash. However in terms of bargaining for the proposed new deal it puts him in an inferior position ??? Not sure ?? Here is my reason/s.
    Proposal 1. He stays on the current deal and hopes that a new contract is forthcoming for the 2022 year And beyond. By this time he MAY rise to a similar form that saw him excel and we offer a fair deal for him to stay.
    Proposal 2 . This narrative is driven by the manager to get in front To start the contract talk and make Taylor look good in the public eye and hope that Titans offer something??
    Proposal 3. ( I would think puts him in the driver’s seat) He says I’ll go to $500k for 2021 and extend to 22 with the option of 23 as a mutual option all on $500k a win for all.
    Of course this is most likely his Manager doing the tactics, as Taylor is permitted to field offers from other clubs for 2022 from 1 November. No coincidence it is hitting the press now. I assume he is trying to get something locked up by then as no other club has been asking about him. Titans are in the box seat to put forward a market value offer for 2022 and beyond, and get it done before November. If not they'll need to have alternatives for next year because I'd assume Ash will kick stones if he doesn't feel wanted.

Enter Boyd, Sexton and Weaver
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I reckon there's a few clubs who would take ash on 3-400k maybe 500. Hopefully Holbrook continues to get the best out of him and he shows abit of loyalty after everything we've helped him through and actually stays for less even with a better year next year

I see on the news Josh papali is keen on a move to Brisbane to be closer with his family. Don’t think we need another prop but would be unreal to somehow fit him in.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I reckon there's a few clubs who would take ash on 3-400k maybe 500. Hopefully Holbrook continues to get the best out of him and he shows abit of loyalty after everything we've helped him through and actually stays for less even with a better year next year
    I'm hoping he goes and we use his money to upgrade all the players that will need upgrades in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm hoping he goes and we use his money to upgrade all the players that will need upgrades in 2022.
    I'm torn, I like him but I like the look of Boyd too and Sexton and weaver seem like good prospects too. I'll back Holbrook and Mal they know what they are doing. Also if Mal and co are preparing our salary cap for a play at Smith I hope we are looking at papali too, mals influence should get him here if he really wants to come back to Qld. He'd bring the leadership and go forward we lack, have him or mo at lock

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Enter Boyd, Sexton and Weaver
    Boyd is iffy to me, sexton hasnt had much chance other than scrimmage with qcup being shut down, weaver is 2 years off.

extending ash for 1 year seems a smart move especially at a reduced rate or if you can restructure some 2021 salray into the 2022 deal to get more talent into the squad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I'm torn, I like him but I like the look of Boyd too and Sexton and weaver seem like good prospects too. I'll back Holbrook and Mal they know what they are doing. Also if Mal and co are preparing our salary cap for a play at Smith I hope we are looking at papali too, mals influence should get him here if he really wants to come back to Qld. He'd bring the leadership and go forward we lack, have him or mo at lock
    I dont think we would be able to get papa especially if brisbane are in the same desperation mode that they have been in for the last month. they will outbid easily and we need money fo a good hooking option.

with joliffe, moe, lisone and wallace finally finding form we have a good rotation on good value for the club too

I'm still really curious about who plays 13 next year. I don't see any of our recent signings fitting that middle forward role really (I see both Fifita and Tino as edge backrowers atm). My guess is we may have to try and mould someone into that role, whether it be one of those two above or even Fermor with Ese Ese coming off the bench? I know Tino played there for the Storm once or twice this year but honestly I thought he looked way more comfortable playing on an edge. That's not to say we can't convert him to a true 13 though. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-09-20 at 11:04 PM.

Will be peachy at 13 or we will be playing a rotating middle prop there for about 60 minutes a game just like how we already use Jai.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 04-09-20 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'm still really curious about who plays 13 next year. I don't see any of our recent signings fitting that middle forward role really (I see both Fifita and Tino as edge backrowers atm). My guess is we may have to try and mould someone into that role, whether it be one of those two above or even Fermor with Ese Ese coming off the bench? I know Tino played there for the Storm once or twice this year but honestly I thought he looked way more comfortable playing on an edge. That's not to say we can't convert him to a true 13 though. What do you guys think?
    If Peachey plays consistently, I would go with him. Only if he's consistent. Needs to cut out the silly errors, improve his fitness, defence and play for the team. My reasoning is mainly because of last week where he displayed what he can do as part of a team. It was great to see him sniffing around the back of the ruck and picking his moments. Just needs to do it more often.

Inactive User

Cameron Smith retirement is bad for us. It means we get neither Smith and no Grant. Nothing.

First Grader

Tino played 65 minutes at lock last night for the Storm and would have played the whole game except for the 15 minutes in the HIA. He scored a strong try as well.

Will be interesting where Holbrook plays him next year