Page 134 of 217 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3242
    Inactive User

Blade-in the pre-season leading up the beginning of 2019 this forum was awash with Carry on about our depth and being a top 8 team (aside from MT/JB and I) and we saw how that all ended.

One Hooker who looks very good to me, would be cheap and might be very unhappy about being screwed over is CRandall of the Knights.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 13-07-20 at 05:17 PM.

Junior

Holbrook is on 360 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    1.Brimson
    2.Thompson
    3.Kelly
    4.Young
    5.Sami
    6.Taylor
    7.Boyd
    8.Mo
    9.Peats
    10.James
    11.Tino
    12.Proctor
    13.Ese Ese
    14.Fermor
    15.Hipgrave
    16.Jollifee
    17.Peachy

Looks very promising and we would also have some quality depth for a change too.
    You might think that line up is promising, I don't. Looks very much like the poor quality we have now and shows just how badly we need a hooker and at least one decent half.
    Brimson may turn out to be the better fullback but from just a couple of games that I've seen, I think Thompson will be wasted on the wing. He shows more to me than Brimson did last season.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You might think that line up is promising, I don't. Looks very much like the poor quality we have now and shows just how badly we need a hooker and at least one decent half.
    Brimson may turn out to be the better fullback but from just a couple of games that I've seen, I think Thompson will be wasted on the wing. He shows more to me than Brimson did last season.
    Looking at top 17s to me is close to irrelevant. There are always injuries. You have to look at the squad as a whole.
    If you are doing really well you will probably be missing 3 at any given time in a good season with injuries.

On another note in regards to the 2 blokes who use High Schools as a pick up joint......NO NO NO!!!
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 13-07-20 at 06:12 PM.

Notice on Instagram that Fifita was at the Gold Coast today. Likely nothing as he probably just had a day off but we can only hope

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely need a hooker, it’s our major weakness at the moment as I don’t think Rein or Clark is the answer if we want to challenge for the 8

Junior

Yup. Look at all the big improvers this year. A 9 was the big addition to the squad.

Love the Ese Ese signing.

Re Blade's team list just reminded me that we still have James signed. After doing 2 ACLs, I personally think James will struggle to keep up with the current speed of the game to be honest. Love the bloke but I think either a pay-cut is in order for him, and if he refuses then let him go.

And Proctor has about 2 good games a year. Decent defender for a big bloke but offers not much else, imo.

Hopefully we don't get Fifita. Brings back too many bad memories for me.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-07-20 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not sure I see how it makes us morons JB. What do you suggest? We don’t offer a deal or we offer a longer term deal initially which he’s obviously going to decline?

Not having a go, just trying to understand your rationale
    My rationale is the same as the article. We will offer a guy the most money to come here and play for one year. His mum has been quoted as saying his heart is at Brisbane so what possible use do we have for a guy to be so highly paid who doesn’t want to be here with the exception of massive overs for one year? The minute we start to pay him he is able to negotiate with the broncos for 2022 and beyond, a place he wants to be. He has supposedly asked the broncos can he come here for one year and then go back to them.

I need someone to explain the rationale to me why we would think this is a good deal for us.

I’d prefer to withdraw next years offer and let him sign with the broncos next year and negotiate the rest of his career with his new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    My rationale is the same as the article. We will offer a guy the most money to come here and play for one year. His mum has been quoted as saying his heart is at Brisbane so what possible use do we have for a guy to be so highly paid who doesn’t want to be here with the exception of massive overs for one year? The minute we start to pay him he is able to negotiate with the broncos for 2022 and beyond, a place he wants to be. He has supposedly asked the broncos can he come here for one year and then go back to them.

I need someone to explain the rationale to me why we would think this is a good deal for us.

I’d prefer to withdraw next years offer and let him sign with the broncos next year and negotiate the rest of his career with his new manager.
    Where's the like button? I was on the fence/excited at first by the prospect of Fifita signing, but the more it's dragged on the less I want him here. You put it into perspective really well. He already rejected the original $1m offer remember. **** him.

Junior

Holbrook did a good job on 360 just now. Interesting he mentioned he's happy with our spine so a #9 isn't the top of his list. Another note he talked up Fifi so its gonna be an awkward call tonight from him if he's turning us down tonight.
    Last edited by elltee; 13-07-20 at 06:32 PM.

Holbrook been on 360 yet?

https://twitter.com/ReadingThePlay/s...05389234634753 - Guess we’ll find out in due course as it’s all been played out in the media but the mail is Fifita stays at Broncos and told both clubs today.

Inactive User

^^^ “reading the play” is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Holbrook did a good job on 360 just now. Interesting he mentioned he's happy with our spine so a #9 isn't the top of his list.
    If he said he is happy with our spine then he has no idea. I think he is an excellent coach so I would think he is just trying to keep the incompetent incumbents happy until seasons end. I would only feed Thompson and perhaps Fogarty of our spine. Clearly no hooker we have is up to standard and Taylor continues to be well below decent NRL quality, other than the occasional flash of something.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Yep that’s fair enough. I think the obvious rationale for the alternative is that where he signs for 2021 will significantly influence where he signs for 2022 and beyond. Fact is he will sign a 1 year deal and that’s it. And if he signs up there, he’s good as gone. If he signs here, we’re in a good position to extend him. Furthermore I think he will not seek new representation and his Mum will fulfil this role, similar to what Kalyn is doing.

For the record, I’m on the fence and relatively impartial to the outcome...if it happens, great, I see the value. If not, one of our most exciting young guys in Fermor has this year to make that spot his (let’s be honest JB this is what it’s really about)
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 13-07-20 at 07:49 PM.