Page 87 of 135 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2022
  1. #1291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Cowboys might disagree
    JT touches the ball far more than any 2nd rower in the comp

  2. #1292
    Rep Player gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    "Bateman’s ‘rotten, awful’ contract demands questioned by NRL greats "

    BATEMAN GET REALITY CHECK FROM GAME’S GREATS

    John Bateman’s contract saga has been labelled as “rotten” and “awful” by Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns.

    Bateman has been allowed to talk to other NRL sides as he seeks an $800,000 per year deal.

    But the behaviour of the Raiders star and his management has been met with fierce criticism from two of the game’s greats.

    “It’s an awful look all the way around,” Fittler told WWOS.


    Fox League brings back crowdsFox League brings back crowds0:29
    “If you have to go and ask for 800, you’re not worth 800. If you’re getting 800, clubs are giving it to you, they’re asking you to come to their club. It’s a bad look. Bad look.

    “I think he’s already on 600 or something as well – it’s a pretty good earn.”

    Johns, meanwhile, said there was a good group of back-rowers who should command better wages than Bateman.

    “I went through some back-rowers … here’s the players in my opinion who are better players than John Bateman,” Johns added.

    “Boyd Cordner, David Fifita, [Viliame] Kikau, Cam Murray. Elliott Whitehead, at the same club. Felise Kaufusi, Angus Crichton, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham. I think only a couple of those would be on 800.

    “I just think it’s rotten. But it works both ways.

    “If you sign a contract as a player, you play out your contract where you’ve signed. But also as a club, you take the gamble and sign a player to a long-term contract and something happens where they lose form, they lose interest, they have a fallout with someone, too bad. You’ve signed a contract.”

    Yeah, pass.

  3. #1293
    Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Tugun
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    "Bateman’s ‘rotten, awful’ contract demands questioned by NRL greats "

    BATEMAN GET REALITY CHECK FROM GAME’S GREATS

    John Bateman’s contract saga has been labelled as “rotten” and “awful” by Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns.

    Bateman has been allowed to talk to other NRL sides as he seeks an $800,000 per year deal.

    But the behaviour of the Raiders star and his management has been met with fierce criticism from two of the game’s greats.

    “It’s an awful look all the way around,” Fittler told WWOS.


    Fox League brings back crowdsFox League brings back crowds0:29
    “If you have to go and ask for 800, you’re not worth 800. If you’re getting 800, clubs are giving it to you, they’re asking you to come to their club. It’s a bad look. Bad look.

    “I think he’s already on 600 or something as well – it’s a pretty good earn.”

    Johns, meanwhile, said there was a good group of back-rowers who should command better wages than Bateman.

    “I went through some back-rowers … here’s the players in my opinion who are better players than John Bateman,” Johns added.

    “Boyd Cordner, David Fifita, [Viliame] Kikau, Cam Murray. Elliott Whitehead, at the same club. Felise Kaufusi, Angus Crichton, Tyson Frizell, Wade Graham. I think only a couple of those would be on 800.

    “I just think it’s rotten. But it works both ways.

    “If you sign a contract as a player, you play out your contract where you’ve signed. But also as a club, you take the gamble and sign a player to a long-term contract and something happens where they lose form, they lose interest, they have a fallout with someone, too bad. You’ve signed a contract.”

    Yeah, pass.
    I think its also important to keep in mind that fox sports is pretty much a gossip magazine now, rarely do they fact check any of the articles. The only quote i have seen is from the raiders CEO saying he has permission to talk to other clubs and Bateman saying a-lot of the stuff out is untrue.

    Who said anything about 800. Fox sports. Who made the assumption thats what it would take to leave the raiders. Fox sports.
    Last edited by elltee; 28-05-20 at 03:20 PM.

  4. #1294

    Default

    I would be making a strong bid for Tesi Nui who can play centre and fullback and has real talent. He is young and blessed with speed and strength and would walk into our side

  5. #1295

    Default

    With Kerrod Holland being shopped around by the Bulldogs do you reckon he'd be a good signing for the titans? covers center and wing pretty damn well. Kicks goals decently and has a habit for scoring important tries. He's also only 27 so right in his prime and should be fairly cheap

  6. #1296
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    With Kerrod Holland being shopped around by the Bulldogs do you reckon he'd be a good signing for the titans? covers center and wing pretty damn well. Kicks goals decently and has a habit for scoring important tries. He's also only 27 so right in his prime and should be fairly cheap
    Strong no from me
    "My god I am shredded. I can't believe I got to this point in my life where literally every person that sees me is saying words like "mirin" and "arnie, that you?". It's boring, sure. But it's part of my life."-DavidBouveng
    https://instagram.com/league_of_titans/

    https://www.facebook.com/leaguetitans

  7. #1297
    Moderator lonegull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Back O Bourke NSW
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchdox View Post
    With Kerrod Holland being shopped around by the Bulldogs do you reckon he'd be a good signing for the titans? covers center and wing pretty damn well. Kicks goals decently and has a habit for scoring important tries. He's also only 27 so right in his prime and should be fairly cheap
    NO NO NO NO NO a step in the wrong direction is my thoughts

  8. #1298

    Default

    Agree with others, Holland is a nuffie

  9. #1299
    Kangaroo Titanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nanjing
    Posts
    8,060

    Default

    Don’t mind Holland but doubt that he’s an improvement on what we’ve got except for his kicking. Also I still need to be convinced that Fogarty is an NRL halfback. I hope I’m wrong but I can still remember his previous games ... I’ve crossed all my fingers and toes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

  10. #1300

    Default

    No to Holland

  11. #1301
    Moderator Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I would be making a strong bid for Tesi Nui who can play centre and fullback and has real talent. He is young and blessed with speed and strength and would walk into our side
    This is a good idea. I know a few on here rate him as well...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  12. #1302
    Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Tugun
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    This is a good idea. I know a few on here rate him as well...
    Watch broncos play him next week to cover Staggs suspension.
    Last edited by elltee; 29-05-20 at 01:23 PM.

  13. #1303
    Rep Player gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    If you're watching the Storm game

    Max King lmfao

    And I can't believe we're paying $700k for this Tino kid...not even Haas or Fifita were on that sort of money...in fact I'm not sure if either even are yet? Ridiculous...lets just leave it at that.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 30-05-20 at 09:23 PM.

  14. #1304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If you're watching the Storm game

    Max King lmfao

    And I can't believe we're paying $700k for this Tino kid...not even Haas or Fifita were on that sort of money...in fact I'm not sure if either even are yet? Ridiculous...lets just leave it at that.
    Didn’t see the game.. I’m guessing pretty ordinary?

  15. #1305
    Moderator Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I would be making a strong bid for Tesi Nui who can play centre and fullback and has real talent. He is young and blessed with speed and strength and would walk into our side
    Hey mate. Just check. Looks like Courier Mail saying that he has just signed a new deal to stay at Broncos??

    Can someone please confirm this at all ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew