Page 115 of 217 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 125 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    We need to sign a 13 for next year.
    Tino is a 2nd rower/Prop. I can’t see why he couldn’t play there with Peachey relieving him from the bench.

Yea I'd have Tino at lock, he was really dominant on the weekend really runs hard and has great late footwork at the line, always pokes his nose through the line and gets quick play the balls, something we really lack.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    We need to sign a 13 for next year.
    We already have a bloke that once he gets his chance will surprise and a ready made 13 in my opinion - Beau Fermor

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    We already have a bloke that once he gets his chance will surprise and a ready made 13 in my opinion - Beau Fermor
    Great If he is but I thought he was a pure 2nd rower.

Watching the big league wrap from last night and it's good to see us finally get a mention, not just all about the broncos, James Hooper even said he thinks Mo and fonua Blake are the two form front rowers in the comp, good to see mo finally getting the recognition he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Great If he is but I thought he was a pure 2nd rower.
    In how the game has changed with the rules I can see him adjusting to be a worthy middle 13 just my thoughts though in from what I have seen of him

11. Fermor 12. Fifita 13. Tino

Then we throw the rest of the bank at Brandon Smith or Harry Grant to play 9

Also fox sports reporting we are close to signing DFifi but he’s got management issues so he may not take 5 years. Maybe we can get him on 1 and then extend when he gets a new manager

- - - Updated - - -

Also what the heck happened to max king? I thought he was going to crack the storms bench at least

Judging by everyones opinions, I don't think anyone is against us going hard after Fifita

If we had to choose between going after a high class No 9 or a Half what would you all choose to compliment our team best for next year and 2022??

Junior

Hooker. Sam Verrills would be the best for us if we get Fifi IMO. The injury obviously puts some doubt over how he recovers. If no Fifi. Grant is the one.

Junior

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...44432df62361be.. Quirky deal to deliver Broncos huge signing coup

CONTRACT DETAILS Brisbane’s season from hell has received a much-needed boost with the club in the box seat to re-sign David Fifita thanks to a management issue.

2h ago anybody a subscriber

Brisbane Broncos in box seat to sign David Fifita on short-term deal

Brisbane’s season from hell has received a much-needed boost with the club in the box seat to re-sign David Fifita thanks to a management issue.

The Broncos are growing confident they will re-sign young champion David Fifita on a short-term deal in the huge coup needed to stabilise the embattled NRL club.

Fifita, 20, is scheduled to return from a knee injury in the next few weeks.

He has been offered a huge five-year deal by the Gold Coast Titans, whose own stocks have risen after they trounced the Broncos 30-12 at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday.

However, while the signing race is far from over, the Broncos appear to be in the box seat with a quirky one-year deal which would enable both parties to catch their breath before a longer contract is discussed for 2022 and beyond.

The Broncos are aware of a management issue with Fifita, whose arrangement with player agent Steve Deacon expires in December.

Because of complications with this issue, Fifita is unlikely to commit to a long-term deal if he stays in Brisbane, but that would buy the Broncos time to sort out their salary cap for a bigger offer down the track.

It may also be a bonus for Fifita because he could assess the future of the Broncos and Titans next season before making a call on his next contract.

Club great Wally Lewis laments the lack of guidance for the club’s young forwards, who have been badly exposed by the new rules which enhance fast play and reward agile thinking.

“There aren’t a lot of players there providing a lot of guidance for the inexperienced players and that’s where the question has to be answered,” Lewis said. “We’ve got a whole bunch of young kids that need to be tutored on the field by the more experienced players and that’s just not happening.”

With under-fire half Anthony Milford on the brink of being axed, Lewis has challenged the 25-year-old to take on the line.

“Milf just needs to run the ball – he’s the million-dollar man,” Lewis said.

“He started off Saturday night with a couple of early runs but that disappeared quickly.

“Anyone that gets paid the money that he does, the leading players of a Broncos team are expected to produce their best week in, week out.

“I don’t hear what the coach says but he appears to be producing his best with advice given to all the players.

“Just from watching, it looks like he’s spending plenty of time with them. It’s up to the players to produce it and that ain’t happening.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Basically recycling the exact same thing from the last few articles. Be interested to see the outcome either way.

So if his management contract expires in December, why wouldn’t you just sign in January? I don’t think we will sign him so not getting my hopes up.. but sounds like the story is just rewritten from previous stories as the reporter hopes he stays in Brisbane..
    Last edited by Croc; 30-06-20 at 08:37 AM.

I can't understand this whole players signed to manager deals. Why can't players hire and fire their managers the same way I can with a financial advisor? Seems the managers have got a pretty good thing going by locking players into term based deals.
    I certainly hope Mal is talking to Fifita (and his Mum) about a 1 and 4 option to get around this manager crap.
    Just to add a name to the hooker mix, Brandon Smith.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-ja...b-c08cb36b1c9d

James Maloney and Jackson Hastings rumours they both might come back to the nrl on immediate return. Hope to hell we are looking at Maloney