Page 173 of 217 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3242

I like the idea of Staggs and Copley on that right side.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Staggs is very good at finding his way over the try line but imo still leaves a lot to be desired defensively. I've been both watching a lot of Bronco's games and been scrolling through their forum and the amount of **** heaped on Coates for their edge defence is amazing. Kotoni seems to jam in a lot leaving overlaps outside very often. Case in point was the Gagai try on Friday night where they ended up with something like a 3 on 1 overlap against Coates. Not saying this couldn't be fixed but it has been an issue for a while which does concern me.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    Staggs is very good at finding his way over the try line but imo still leaves a lot to be desired defensively. I've been both watching a lot of Bronco's games and been scrolling through their forum and the amount of **** heaped on Coates for their edge defence is amazing. Kotoni seems to jam in a lot leaving overlaps outside very often. Case in point was the Gagai try on Friday night where they ended up with something like a 3 on 1 overlap against Coates. Not saying this couldn't be fixed but it has been an issue for a while which does concern me.
    I wonder how much of that is due to the disfunction at the Bronco's at the moment. It wasn't that long ago that our backline was doing similar things.
    Staggs would be a weapon on the right running off AJ.

Ryan James to the Raiders made official by the Titans.

Golden days on horizon: Why Proctor wants to re-sign

Author
    Joel Gould
    NRL.com reporter
    Timestamp
    Sun 9 Aug 2020, 06:18 PM
    Joel Gould

Off-contract Titans captain Kevin Proctor has a straightforward and compelling reason for why he wants to re-sign with the club.

"I just like where the Titans are going and where we are heading. After being here when the times weren’t real good, I’d like to be here when the times are good," Proctor said after starring in the 30-10 win over the Cowboys.

"I think we are heading in the right direction with Justin Holbrook at the top and Mal Meninga doing his thing."

Proctor, in his fourth season with the club, had a blinder against the Cowboys with a try and two try assists, one of which came when he leapt in the air over the dead-ball line to tap the ball back for Brian Kelly to score.

"I am hoping they watch that video and put a couple of extra zeros on that contract," Proctor grinned.

"That is what I pay my manager for and he is doing all he can behind the scenes.

"I don’t really want to get distracted too much with [the contract] because I know some people can take that on board and it becomes an extra burden. If I can play some consistent footy, hopefully it sorts itself out."

Holbrook was asked at the post-match media conference about whether he wanted Proctor to re-sign and he was full of praise for his captain who has been in top form since returning from a biceps injury in round 11 following a month-long hiatus.

"KP has been great for our club for a long time. There is all sorts of stuff that go in to the recruitment so we will see what happens with that," Holbrook said.

"Just the way he is playing is what I am loving. I love how much he is competing for everything and you deserve rewards when you are trying as hard as he is.

"He was great and he has been great since he came back into our side a couple of weeks ago.

"As we saw today he is competing on everything and to keep that ball back in play after the kick for Brian Kelly’s try just typified what KP is willing to do today to get the win."

Proctor is keen to be part of a future which will welcome David Fifita, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Herman Ese’ese to the pack next year but his priority is the next seven rounds and getting more victories.

"It is good to get a win against the Cowboys because they have beaten us the last 10 games and it was good to get a win at home and keep building on those last couple of performances," he said.

"Since the Penrith game [in round 11] we have been playing really well but just coming up short so it was good to come away with the win.

"If we want to be a consistent team we have to perform like that each week. That is our standard. We have been big on keeping the bar high."

https://twitter.com/nrl/status/1292638771855282178?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Ryan James to the Raiders made official by the Titans.
    Correct decision from the club and probably the best decision from Ryan.

Wish him all the best.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Correct decision from the club and probably the best decision from Ryan.

Wish him all the best.
    I don’t like it. One club legends is something we lack in our history.
    Re KP-he was given Greg Bird money and was no Greg Bird. He should take a Serious pay cut and pay it back a bit to the club and fans.

Does anyone think James might be leaving on a bad note? He made an instagram post today and I was expecting a big paragraph about the club and thanking them but instead he just put 2 lines about being excited to join the Raiders.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post

Does anyone think James might be leaving on a bad note? He made an instagram post today and I was expecting a big paragraph about the club and thanking them but instead he just put 2 lines about being excited to join the Raiders.

In regards to Ryan I was pushing for him to get an extension but both on here and on Twitter I got bugger all support from fellow Titans fans and they seem very ok with shipping him off.

So I’m just dropping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    In regards to Ryan I was pushing for him to get an extension but both on here and on Twitter I got bugger all support from fellow Titans fans and they seem very ok with shipping him off.

So I’m just dropping it.
    Bodsy I am with you on that if it was on a fairly minimal contract as honestly I would be surprised if he could crack the starting line up next year. If I remember correctly he did also hold us to ransom a little last contract with offers from the broncos. Since that he has barely played on a massive contract. Still as a one club man it would've been nice to have him finish his career here but I feel like a base contract would've been offensive to give. At the end of the day loyalty is almost dead in the NRL these days (apart from contenders) and with the position we are in we can't really afford to give out 'good will'/retirement contracts.

Hey lads I have just removed the posts and the other stuff from this thread in regards to the Broncos. Its all rumours and not facts as yet or at all. Lets just leave it to that.

This is the Titans Signing Tread.
    Thanks.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I would find it unimaginable that the club ignored James ... I have stated previously that I’d have liked him to stay and share Bodsie’s views on that but our back office seems to have grown a pair, whether that be by applying good management or as a result of facing a recession. Whatever that may be, he has taken up a lump of our cap and educated himself on the club’s dime. The balance sheet is very much in his favor and I suspect the sour grapes are probably on our side. I wish him well without tears. Maybe there’s a PhD waiting in Canberra.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Would be disappointing if James is angry at the club considering everything we’ve done in the last 2 years by paying a hefty 700k per year for him to sit on the sidelines. From what I heard Bods we offered him a deal which was just over minimum wage but Canberra’s offer was bigger. To be honest as much as I love Ryan for what he did for the club, I am proud of the club for not making silly decisions and offering him a bigger deal. You don’t get success or win premierships by being the nice guys who just bend over recruitment wise because of nostalgia.

Like you said hanginon, his Instagram post seems very salty and to not even make mention of the club or the fans who have supported him along the way is disgraceful. Oh well, all the best to him I guess

Inactive User

So long as we offerred him something then I’m happy. Even one year on minimum wage.
    Then he can make the decision on repaying the club and fans that have given him deluxe money and support while playing minimum footy and being a one club legend or not.

Looks like he’s chosen the NOT option.
    That Instagram post does appear salty but maybe he’s wanting to do the big thank you at seasons end.

I think the insta post on its own is fine. He is saying I'm looking forward to going to the Raiders. I remember when Stayne gave his presser which should have been about coming to the Titans but it was all bottom lip stuff and sorry to the Eels. As a Titans fan I hated that. I'm sure he'll post something at some stage saying Good-bye and Thank you.