Page 159 of 217 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3242

I mentioned I was not that excited by the Ese Ese signing. I hope the reason he has gone off is because he is moving on but he was clearly the worst player the Knights had today. He was hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I mentioned I was not that excited by the Ese Ese signing. I hope the reason he has gone off is because he is moving on but he was clearly the worst player the Knights had today. He was hopeless.
    I watched the game to watch him too. Terrible in terrible conditions. Will keep watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    That’s a shame. I missed the game but have watched all of Newcastle’s other games this year and he has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    That’s a shame. I missed the game but have watched all of Newcastle’s other games this year and he has been great.
    That's good to hear because definitely agree with JB and MT, the two knock ons and poor kick defusal were the only times I noticed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I am a little underwhelmed by him TBH, has never really impressed me. Hope he proves me wrong

Mid-range, middle forward who will keep the rotation honest.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That’s it. He’s a role player. Good output and good work rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    And teams need those sort of players...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Crash Tackle: Will the Broncos be brave enough to drop David Fifita
    In 2001, an irate Wayne Bennett sent teenage star Justin Hodges back to the Broncos’ feeder club after he decided to sign with the Roosters. Will Anthony Seibold do the same to David Fifita?
    Robert Craddock, The Courier-Mail
    Subscriber only
    |
    July 27, 2020 7:46am

Bombshell defection: Why Fifita quit Broncos for Titans

How the Maroons skipper became NRL’s richest man

Mega deal: Titans poach Fifita from Broncos

WILL the Broncos be angry or brave enough to do a Justin Hodges on David Fifita?

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett, feeling betrayed by the loss and claiming he had to move on, famously dropped a 19-year-old Hodges to their feeder club after Hodges signed with the Roosters in 2001.

Disgruntled Broncos fans are asking whether history will repeat itself this winter following Fifita’s defection to the Titans from next season.

We’re tipping it probably won’t because of one overpowering reason – such is the crushing pressure on coach Anthony Seibold to save his career he needs every win he can get.

Whether it comes via the deeds of loyal players or others like Fifita, who seemingly doubts his methods, is immaterial. He has nine games to save it all.

But the thought of “doing a Hodges’’ cannot be totally discounted, not so much for now but later in the season when the Broncos have long faded from finals contention and their young fringe forward prospects are starved of match practice due to the cancellation of the Intrust Super Cup.

The case for writing off the season and planning for next year will be strong.

THE SPIN-OFFS
    FIFITA may seem overpriced at $1 million a year but there are financial spin-offs which will offset the costs.

Instead of having to pay huge overs to entice players to the Titans the fact that Fifita, the Melbourne Storm’s Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Herman Ese’ese are all Gold Coast-bound may entice others to follow them at market value rather than inflated odds.

And the Titans sponsorship department also sent up a cheer when the news broke on Saturday because they can sell the one commodity every club needs – hope.

OVER THE ODDS
    NEWS of Fifita’s signing broke as an inescapable fact of rugby league was laid bare – many top players are overpaid.

As News Corp league chief Peter Badel stated, the salary cap is too high.

News Corp’s list of the game’s 100 top paid players included four players in the top 10 – Anthony Milford ($1 million), Michael Morgan ($1 million), Ben Hunt ($1.2 million) and Ash Taylor ($1.05 million) who are yet to live up to their price tags.

All things considered they are all fortunate to get such large pay packets in our financially challenged world.

MAL THE MAGICIAN
    MAL Meninga has had a challenging time as culture chief of the Titans but the Fifita deal has made it all worthwhile.

Had there been no Meninga there would have been no Fifita signing.

Meninga knew the Titans needed a circuit breaker, a dice roll, a get-out-of-jail card.

Call it what you will but sometimes you have to think big and Mal not only campaigned strongly for Fifita’s signing but remained flexible in his thinking to adjust the offer whenever the Broncos responded.

THE LONG ROAD
    IT may have been a total accident but Fifita has given one key lesson to young players in demand – don’t rush it.

Don’t make a decision until you have to. Fifita had at least 20 meetings with the Broncos before rejecting their offer and while his patience was due to a fallout with his manager he became a huge beneficiary of not signing the first thing that was put in front of him.

The war between the Broncos and Titans became like one of those big brother-little brother backyard games where pride and ego butted their way into the equation.

THE MISSING LINK
    NO prizes for guessing what sorts of players will finish on the Broncos shopping list with the cash that could have been gobbled up by Fifita.

They need more middle-aged generals, the 25-30 years olds who are tough of body and spirit and can guide younger men with more fragile minds.
    The Broncos are concerned by their lack of resilience. They feel any team who scores a couple of quick tries against them believes they fold and are incapable of fighting back.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...b271e8bd1cf377
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I don't follow Super League but is there anyone from Saint Helens that Holbrook could be looking at?
    Psmitty

To answer the headline, I hope so. I'd hate to see him come back and injure himself for a club that is now insulting him and a fan base that is calling him a traitor.

He might of signed something to stop him to recruit from there

good afternoon good folks, been a while - covid yadda yadda

But the endless supply of good news this weekend has forced me to find time to re enter the fray and postulate on what is a very promising horizon.

First of all, gaining Fifita and losing Boyd and Carty is a dream come true. we lose two duds and get a generational talent and specimen in return and the cost is almost a wash? colour me horny

Add in Ese Ese, Tino and my boy MoFo and we are looking at one fo the best young packs i can recall.

We lose Arrow, ( meh i was never that worried about him, his supercoach feats hyped him up more than his actual performance imo ), and James hurts the heart a bit. He is our Harragon, our Webke but he will never see the promised land. I wish him well and see him back on the coast when its all done down there.

There are salary cap concerns spending that much, but i think the end result justifies it and has too many benefits to harp about the negatives.

I cant predict exactly what our pack looks like - do we have MoFo at lock like Gallen / lolo or is that for Ese Ese? i dont know how the jigsaw fits, i just know i LOVE the pieces we have to play with.

Our outside backs are adequate without being amazing in Sami, Kelly, Young T, AJ and Thompson.

The spine is the issue still - i guess we rely on Holbrook to sift the wheat from the chaff there - we have to ride out Ashs contract really so we cant do much soon. I could see a future with Fogarty the controller and Peachey the floater being flavoursome, especially behind that pack... but Tanah my develop, other kids might come along, who knows.

Hooker is the same, peats seems done although i don't mind a defensive hooker sometimes, and holbrook giving part time hookers a run so i just dont know what the future holds.

All i know is that im very excited by the signings and releases happening right now, and for the first time in our history WE ARE the stable club in SEQ, our coach is set and off field our office seems to be in the right direction compared to the dumpster fire up the road.

lastly, if anyone of you see big Gordie around.... he better not pay for any drinks. He comes from the absolute clouds with zero visible ambassador work lately and helps deliver this prize!

Inactive User

The great man is alive

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The great man is alive
    what can I say, I missed you Bodsy