Page 142 of 217 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3242

Hey @mdrew do you know what happened to Jed Edwards he was a good prospect ?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Good question. Isn’t he a potential Hooker prospect?

First Grader

Hey MDrew. How did we lose Jaxson Paulo. Seems significantly a better prospect than Spry

Hey MDrew, who is going to win Race 7 at Sunshine Coast tomorrow

Immortal

Jed Edwards is certainly a solid hooking prospect

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

He got an offer for more money mid-way through the 2019 season and went down South, the Titans did not want to lose him but he got a better offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Hey MDrew. How did we lose Jaxson Paulo. Seems significantly a better prospect than Spry
    - - - Updated - - -

haha I will pay that one mate.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Hey MDrew, who is going to win Race 7 at Sunshine Coast tomorrow

Rep Player

Jed Edwards played in our trial match in Feb. That’s the last I heard of him. To be fair though the virus lockdown happened not long after that and there hasn’t been any QCup or other reserve grade level games for him to do anything.

https://www.zerotackle.com/titans-na...l-match-52486/

What do we reckon? From GC Bulletin

Market Watch: Ten hookers Titans must consider for 2021

The Parramatta Eels’ contract extension of prospective Queensland hooker Reed Mahoney is a shot across the bow warning the Titans their chance to secure a bona fide No.9 for 2021 is fleeting.

The Titans lack of direction from hooker was a key factor in Friday’s 42-6 capitulation to the Melbourne Storm.

The match was Erin Clark’s fifth as an NRL starter and eighth in total, while 19-year-old back-up Tanah Boyd has played just 275 minutes as a hooker since transitioning from halfback.

The position has become one of the Titans most pressing needs if they are to push for a Finals spot in 2021.

Parramatta’s Mahoney signed a two-year contract extension this week worth approximately $400,000 per season, setting a bargain-bin price for a 22-year-old already among the game’s best in an increasingly critical position.

Only Cameron Smith, Api Koroisau, Damien Cook, Harry Grant and Murwillumbah junior Reece Robson can claim stronger form than the Parramatta rake but none of them will line up for the Titans next year.

There are 13 NRL hookers off-contract this year including four starters for their teams.

They are Connor Watson of the Newcastle Knights, Jake Friend of the Sydney Roosters, Jake Turpin from the Brisbane Broncos and Danny Levi of the Manly Sea Eagles.

Watson, 24, is the brightest star of that group.
    According to agent Clinton Schifcofske “a couple of clubs” are circling the former Sydney Rooster, who signed with the Knights on a $500,000 per season deal three years ago.

Watson wishes to stay in Newcastle but the Knights’ salary cap position could force the rising New South Welshman out of the Steel City and into the Titans arms.

An x-factor hooker of Watson’s class could help forwards Moeaki Fotuaika, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and new recruit Herman Ese’ese, another Knights-to-Titans transfer, rise to new heights in 2021 under the six-again rule.

The 258-game experience of 30-year-old Queenslander Jake Friend wouldn’t go astray in the Titans pack either.

Among the up-and-comers available, the Titans could do worse than target either of Josh Hodgson’s Raiders deputies after Siliva Havili and youngster Tom Starling inspired Canberra to a shock upset of the Roosters on Thursday night.

Neither have secured an NRL home for 2021.

In other signing news, Cowboys lock and Titans target John Asiata has postponed negotiations until he recovers from a knee injury sustained in Round Four.

He is expected to return in Round 11.

Ten off-contract NRL hooker options Titans must pounce on:

1. Connor Watson, Newcastle Knights, 24-years-old

2. Jake Friend, Sydney Roosters, 30

3. Jake Turpin, Brisbane Broncos, 23

4. Danny Levi, Manly Sea Eagles, 24

5. Andrew McCullough, Newcastle Knights, 30

6. Tom Starling, Canberra Raiders, 22

7. Siliva Havili, Canberra Raiders, 27

8. Sione Katoa, Canterbury Bulldogs, 25

9. Reuben Cotter, North Queensland Cowboys, 21

10. Issac Luke, Brisbane Broncos, 33

Any good hookers in the superleague Holbrook knows? Were no chance of getting any of them too 4 and the rest aren't much better than what we have now

Rep Player

Watson: don't rate him.
    Levi: really don't rate him.
    Friend: rate him but he won't leave Sydney.
    Turpin: highly rate him and think we are a chance as Broncos are down on form and McCullough has a big money contract at Brisbane for 2021. Knights will have Brailey back and McCullough will be surplus so don't see Knights keeping him.

Apart from Turpin, I think we should target Matt Parcell. I've rated Parcell ever since his Ipswich days and am gobsmacked that he has been in the Super League for so long with apparently no interest from NRL clubs. Incredibly sharp out of dummy half with a strong running game and good vision. Would suit the new rules very well. He's off contract with Hull this year and I've no doubt that Holbrook would've had an eye on him during his time coaching St Helens. He's 27 now and has played just over 100 games across NRL/Super League so he's coming into that leadership period of his career. Would be perfect for us.

If not Parcell or Turpin, I think Havili could be our man. Hodgson will be back next year and Canberra have young Tom Starling as backup, so Havili is the odd man out. He's also 27 and is slightly less experienced than Parcell with ~80 games. Has played for Tonga and is a strong defender. Not sure how he goes in terms of leadership though. Still prefer Parcell or Turpin but wouldn't be upset with Havili.

Reece Robson was the one I really wanted, and Mal did too, but unfortunately he's locked up at the Cows for another 3 years. Harry Grant will be the best hooker in the game when Smith retires but we're no chance of getting him. Other option that the article didn't consider is Brandon Smith. He's signed to the Storm until the end of 2022 but with Grant returning, I can't see Smith getting any opportunities at hooker. I think he would consider seeking a release in that case if the offer was good enough. He's wholehearted and will play wherever the coach asks him to, but I don't think he sees himself as a prop or lock long term.

I would make a play for Cam Mcinnes I think we can in November he might ask for early release to be start hooker again I was hoping we went after Mahoney so I think we wont't be signing any hooker soon

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    I would make a play for Cam Mcinnes I think we can in November he might ask for early release to be start hooker again I was hoping we went after Mahoney so I think we wont't be signing any hooker soon
    Didn’t think of this. That’s a great idea. He’s not just a good player, he’s a good leader and will do anything for the team. Adam Clune is looking good at halfback and Hunt looks best at hooker and is signed for a couple more years. Good thinking mate.

Inactive User

I’d like to have another look at Peats before pulling the pin on him completely

Andrew McCullough seems the best one out of that lot to me. Based off what Mdrew says hooker is one of our stronger junior positions and McCullough would be a great mentor for them. If we blood some solid juniors with a good mentor it should help their progression significantly.

Inactive User

I’ve seen McCullough a number of times around Broadbeach when he was a Drongoe.
    Maybe he either lived here then or really likes the GC.
    He might be prepared to play for us for unders.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’ve seen McCullough a number of times around Broadbeach when he was a Drongoe.
    Maybe he either lived here then or really likes the GC.
    He might be prepared to play for us for unders.
    Anyone who has lived in Brisbane has also visited the Gold Coast. It doesn’t mean anything.