Page 156 of 217 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 166 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I won’t believe that James is leaving until I see some quotes from at least 1 Titans representative, whether it be an official or a player. James to me is loyal, and the only way I can see him leaving is if the club said look elsewhere as we have nothing for you. I can’t see the club doing that. I don’t know what minimum wage is in footy but perhaps that was all he was offered.
    Didn't think they come much more loyal than James. In fact I regarded him as the essence that made up the Titans in his day. But due to the injuries I believe now might be a good time to weigh up his options come post footy. I'm quite happy for him to remain around the club in some other role. Though it seems he may have other ideas if he's off to Canberra.

Either way, thanks for your services over the years, James. Just unfortunate we couldn't see you off with premiership, because you certainly played your heart out at times.

Rep Player

I'll always remember James fondly for breaking Tedesco's jaw back in 2016. Good times.

Everyone is talking about how our salary cap must be screwed by now but with boyd and Cartwright leaving that gives us an extra 1.2million per season to spend on our spine and some juniors

Rep Player

Harry Grant, Brandon Smith, Cameron McInnes need to be our next targets. I think we could already afford Fifita for 2021 even with Boyd and Cartwright still on the books. James (700k), Peats (600k) + Arrow, Roberts, Copley and potentially Proctor (550k) off the books next year, that's a lot of money. Boyd (600k) and Cartwright (600k) also gone is just gravy.

Inactive User

Oh my god
    Lemon Boyd about to be gone !!!
    And now no defence Shanelle’s husband too !!!!

I could rant big time about Cartwright especially his recent articles stating he wants to help the club blah blah but I won’t.

I’m sad about James if he goes but everything else far outweighs it.
    This is amazing.
    Take the opportunity please and get Cartwright and SBoyd off the books while you can.

We are GC, we are the beautiful little city and we are coming.
    Make no mistake. Stick Fat, be Gold Coast-Tweed.

I would like to ponder over more realistic hooker signings such as Tom Starling, James Segeyaro but we really need 2 hookers signed for next season and another center who can defend.

Everyone forgets that Rein is with us for the next two years till the end of 2021.

Also looked at Zero tackle 2021 is the last year of Taylor’s contract as well.

Also looking at Zero tackle we have 22 signed for 2021 I’ve included Peachy in that number but looks like we have 8 spots in the 30. ( I note that zero tackle is not always correct but I’m just going off the listed players on this site. ) . Six off contract that are possible new deals Don, James, Hipgrave, Proctor, Young , Stone.

I would like to think that if we do release Cartwright we keep James but on less money as well as Proctor as we need leadership which is what the problem is with the Broncos pack at the moment.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Do we need to pay out Cartwright and Boyd? And if so will that be under the salary cap?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Everyone forgets that Rein is with us for the next two years till the end of 2021.
    Rein or Clark as the starting hooker options while TBoyd serves his apprenticeship as utility off the bench till the end of next year is fine by me.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    I would like to ponder over more realistic hooker signings such as Tom Starling, James Segeyaro but we really need 2 hookers signed for next season and another center who can defend.
    How are those two any more realistic than the names I suggested? Starling has played two games and Segeyaro is on a 4 year doping ban. If we're going to shy away from Grant, Smith and McInnes, I think Jake Turpin is more realistic than either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

Also looked at Zero tackle 2021 is the last year of Taylor’s contract as well.

Also looking at Zero tackle we have 22 signed for 2021 I’ve included Peachy in that number but looks like we have 8 spots in the 30. ( I note that zero tackle is not always correct but I’m just going off the listed players on this site. ) . Six off contract that are possible new deals Don, James, Hipgrave, Proctor, Young , Stone.

I would like to think that if we do release Cartwright we keep James but on less money as well as Proctor as we need leadership which is what the problem is with the Broncos pack at the moment.
    Yes, we have Rein. He wasn't forgotten and he'll make a great backup hooker. We are also losing Peats who is on 600k. I don't see how throwing 800k at Grant, B. Smith or McInnes to replace Peats is unrealistic. Grant and Smith are vying for one position at Melbourne and it's unlikely they'll be able to keep both. It looks likely that Grant will get it, and Smith has already signalled that he is likely to look around if that happens. McInnes is stuck behind Ben Hunt and while he is a good leader and team player, I doubt he'd be happy to play lock long term. If De Belin returns, where does that leave him? Yes, those players are all contracted, but there are legitimate reasons that all of them could potentially request permission to sign elsewhere.

Inactive User

I don’t believe this one bit so please don’t associate me as saying this will happen......
    BUT when Riccio was reporting James to Canberra yesterday one bloke on twitter was adamantly saying that Riccio was wrong and it’s not James but Cartwright that’s off to Canberra.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t believe this one bit so please don’t associate me as saying this will happen......
    BUT when Riccio was reporting James to Canberra yesterday one bloke on twitter was adamantly saying that Riccio was wrong and it’s not James but Cartwright that’s off to Canberra.
    Not a chance. Sticky ain't stupid and he already has CHN and potentially Bullemor coming. The Fox panel announced and discussed James to Canberra before the Roosters Warriors game yesterday. Mal was on the panel and stayed silent.

Good times if the club can move Boyd on and Cartwright leaves be it medical or on his own accord. Things are really on the up for the club if all these reports are true. Number one re-sign for me is now Jolliffee and then Young T. Everyone else off contract we could do without if they held out for more $ and negotiated hard. The employer is in the box seat now. Going overseas isn’t an option and the NRL knows what these guys aren’t capable of so re-sign or resign.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/...-teams/#titans

Updated and more accurate than zerotackle

Fifita in, Cartwright out: Titans set to offload big-money flop

David Fifita in, Bryce Cartwright out.
    The Titans are making big moves in the player market and after locking down one of the game’s most-coveted youngsters, they appear to be getting rid of one of their big flops.

Cartwright joined the club on a big money deal under former coach Garth Brennan in 2018. The pair had a tight bond from their time together at the Panthers.

But Cartwright looks set to leave the Titans, citing personal reasons and a desire to be closer to his family, The Courier Mail reports. Prop Shannon Boyd is also set to quit the club as captain Ryan James looks set to join the Canberra Raiders.

It’s not known when the Titans will let him leave, but Cartwright hasn’t featured for the club since Round 9.

Cartwright was at the centre of a media storm earlier this year when he refused the flu jab to return to play following the coronavirus-enforced shutdown of the NRL.

He gained a medical waiver and turned out in five games but has since been dropped by Justin Holbrook.

“I won’t be bullied into making decisions that could impact my health and the health of my family,” he posted on social media at the time.

“The flu shot is not mandatory in the NRL at the moment.

“Giving us the ultimatum of get(ting) the shot or be stood down is coercion and leaving private medical information is illegal.

“As for me being the first and apparently only one declining the shot is b******t and far from the truth.”

The exits of James, Boyd and Cartwright have seen the Titans recruit smartly.

Fifita arrives at the club at the same time as Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Herman Ese’ese and will join emerging prop Mo Fotuaika as cornerstones of one of the most talented young packs in the NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Rein or Clark as the starting hooker options while TBoyd serves his apprenticeship as utility off the bench till the end of next year is fine by me.
    No way Bods. We can't have great runners being fed slow, high, low etc passes. Hooker is A1 priority now. I agree that Tanah looks like being a great backup/supersub.