Page 146 of 217 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 156 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3242

Agree, was not given any room to show his ability. Very much should stay in the squad

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Tinfoil hat time.

We always knew that Fifita would never leave the Broncos so we bid him up to force them to pay overs. They release a highly paid player such as Bird on a heavily subsidized wage to keep Fifita, screwing over their cap and giving us the player we really wanted all along at a reasonable price: Tom Dearden. No way can Broncos keep him with Fifita and Niu recently locked up on big contracts.
    Good thinking. Some payback for the Taylor deal. I like it.

I really hope we are talking to some quality players behind closed doors Incase Fifita doesn’t come.. hope there is a back up plan and we get a decent clean out of the squad... bird won’t leave unless he gets the same money.. I wouldn’t

It is Dobbo so even Bronco's fans aren't getting excited but supposed 'update' on Fifita. Essentially hasn't signed but officials are confident he will stay. Probably heard absolutely nothing but needed a story.

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/...249397760?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    It is Dobbo so even Bronco's fans aren't getting excited but supposed 'update' on Fifita. Essentially hasn't signed but officials are confident he will stay. Probably heard absolutely nothing but needed a story.

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/...249397760?s=20
    Wish he would just make up his mind! His obviously waiting for the broncos to do something to get more money.. why are we even wasting anymore tome on this guy.. let’s move on and find some people who want to come here

First Grader

We should be pulling our offer this Friday. Show the fans we are in control and we are making the decisions. Not just waiting around for fifita to make a decision, giving the broncos every opportunity to create enough cash then leave us looking like the fools again.

First Grader

Fifita has had long enough. Give him to 31 July or we will pull the offer. It will force his hand and if stays with the Broncos for $700K it will also be on his mind what he has potentially missed out on and effect his football. Win win for the Titans
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 22-07-20 at 08:53 AM.

The last thing Fifita appears to need is more pressure heaped on him. We should stay in contact and if it looks like we can't land him publicly pull the offer to save face.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    The last thing Fifita appears to need is more pressure heaped on him. We should stay in contact and if it looks like we can't land him publicly pull the offer to save face.
    If he can't make his mind up over this amount of time then his ties to Brisbane are to strong, its where his heart lies and he will ultimately end up back there and or stay there.

I'd rather the club look strong and in control instead of pandering to his every whim.

Make the decision or we will make it for you. Gives the impression of a strong, no nonsense club

Rep Player

Don’t pull the offer. Then Brisbane get him for the price they wanted and get to keep other players like Dearden. Think bigger picture, guys.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Don’t pull the offer. Then Brisbane get him for the price they wanted and get to keep other players like Dearden. Think bigger picture, guys.
    I am of the opinion they should be giving him a deadline, not pulling it cold Turkey

I'm of the view that if the difference in amounts is $500k then he really doesn't want to leave the Broncs. I also cannot agree that any one year deal is a good arrangement. I know there are issues with his Manager but having him for one year is stupid. Perhaps the delay is with working something out with his current Manager. If so I'm happy to wait, otherwise pull the deal to stop us looking foolish.
    Willhelm's point about the big picture is valid I agree, but I really don't want egg on our face.

I don't think that we need Deardon.We have Boyd, Fogarty, Sexton, Taylor and a few younger guys in the system.The only player I would like to target from the Broncos Aside from DF would be X Coats and Konti Staggs.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I don't think that we need Deardon.We have Boyd, Fogarty, Sexton, Taylor and a few younger guys in the system.The only player I would like to target from the Broncos Aside from DF would be X Coats and Konti Staggs.
    Yeah I agree. There’s Weaver too. I was all for offering Fifita overs as landing him will have a domino affect but I’m now feeling very offended that he’s been given a copious generous offer plus time and he’s not signed. I’m over him. Pull the offer. Use it to get 3-4 top quality ambitious young players.

Maybe the delay means that he is coming here and wants to avoid the toxic media and fans up the highway for as long as possible.

But again, if it is a one year deal I'm not a fan. But I understand why it can only be one year.