Page 133 of 217 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3242
    Inactive User

We just got EseEse!!
    2 seasons

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Mr Bods

Explosive forward Herman Ese'ese will join the Titans next season, with the Samoan international to call the Gold Coast home for the next two years.

Ese'ese is currently playing lock for the Newcastle Knights, but is also comfortable at prop, adding a versatility to the Titans pack.

The 25-year-old has played 81 NRL games since his debut and adds depth and experience to the Titans squad having also played one test for New Zealand and six tests for Samoa.

“I’m really excited to be joining the Titans and I’m looking forward to making the Gold Coast home,” Ese'ese said.

“With the experience I have under my belt now, I think I’m playing the best football of my career and I’m looking forward to adding that to the Titans pack.

“I truly believe that Justin (Holbrook) and the coaching staff are assembling a squad that can challenge for finals and I want to be a part of that.

“I’ve got some good mates in the team already and I’ve played at the Rugby League World Cup with Sam (Lisone) and Young (Tonumaipea), so there will be some established combinations there.

“I’ve got some footy to go this year at the Knights which I’m focussed on, but I can’t wait to play my first game next year in front of Titans Members and fans at Cbus Super Stadium.”

Gold Coast Coach Justin Holbrook says Ese'ese will be a great addition to the Titans squad.

“Herman is not just a great footballer but he has the character that we’re looking for at the Titans,” Holbrook said.

“He is big, skilled, has a great understanding of the game and is always looking to improve.

“Wherever Herman has played, his coaches and team-mates always talk highly of him and I’m excited about what he can bring to our squad.

“I think he is a player that Titans Members and fans are really going to enjoy seeing play in a Gold Coast jersey.”

First Grader

Great signing. He has been really good this year for the knights and can play big minutes in the middle

Rep Player

Good news, will slot straight in for Arrow.

Very good signing ... wanted him a few years ago and so pleased he's worked his way of out of his funk ... will fit in perfectly ... can he play in the centres (just kidding).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Good news, will slot straight in for Arrow.
    Except that he's about half the player. Not a signing that greatly excites me and interesting that the Titans only gave him 2 years.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Except that he's about half the player. Not a signing that greatly excites me and interesting that the Titans only gave him 2 years.
    I think he is a good player to fill the spot. I remember reading a few weeks ago that he was going to sign for less than we originally offered which is a positive I guess. Interesting breaking the news this afternoon I wonder if that’s a sign about the Fifi decision...

Herman is a great signing, well done titans. Will replace the void left by Arrow perfectly. A middle rotation of Mo, Herman, Joliffe, Lisone, Hipgrave and maybe James is brilliant with Fermor, Tino and fingers crossed Fifita in the backrow.

Agreed though elltee, announcing it today might be a bad sign and trying to soften the blow of Fifita staying with Brisbane unfortunately. Oh well guess we will find out soon (within 48 hrs supposedly)

Can't argue that he's not Arrow but for mid-range players 2 years in a re-building roster is plenty and leaves everybody with room to move down the track. We should have had more of those in the past. They come they perform and they like it then we up-grade them or it's the ole heave-ho, unlike several we have right now (looking at you S. Boyd, T. Roberts and to a lesser extent N. Peats, B. Cartwright, T. Peachey and where the dice rolled wildly A. Taylor).

I'm with Bundy, nothing too shabby about MoFo, Joliffe, Lisone, Ese'ese and possibly James with Wallace and Whitbread as depth. If you include Peachey off the bench into that rotation then it has possibilities. Add Tino, Hipgrave, Fermor, Proctor (I doubt they will sack our captain), Farmer and probably Cartwright then we are competitive if we can conjur-up a quality 9.
    Last edited by Titanic; 13-07-20 at 05:13 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Isnt ESE ESE also good mates with Fifita? Might have been issued to put more pressure on Fifita with having another mate to play with at the Titans

I agree I’m pretty sure Herman and David are close mates as well as tino and Tanah. Fingers crossed!!!

I really like this mobile forward pack that Holbrook is building, Herman, Mo, Tino, Lisone and Peachey are all suited to the new rules and have good leg speed. Now we really need to find a speedy hooker to play off the back of it, I'm sure the club would be aware of that but I'm not sure who we could look at.

I am getting excited by this. Holbrook is pulling the right strings in my opinion and we are starting to get players wanting to come to us. On the fifita issue I honestly think he will stay with the Broncos. If we could arrange a house for his mum then things would be different. Mum calls the shots and I just think it will be the donkeys.

Everything so far Justin has done has been positive. Really looking forward to the next few years under him. Hopefully he can stick around for a while a become a figure like Bellamy or Robinson. Think he has the potential...

Ese Ese will be a good signing. He can be a direct replacement for Arrow in the 13 Jersey. I looked at the last two matches both players have played and their stats are on par give or take.

Things to like about his signing is he is coming for less than what we offered before and he is coming here after hearing good things about Holbrook. If Holbrook is good word will get around Within the player ranks and this will help sway some players.

On the signing timing. I’m not too worried as it is his time to shine at the start of the week and the narrative can then be IF Fifita joins as the journos with use “Formidable Forward Pack “ And “Eses Ese Entices DF to Join Titans. “

Good day today lads. Let’s be greatful for them. Honestly if we miss DF I’m happy now and we can look for another value $ player who will want to come here.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

1.Brimson
    2.Thompson
    3.Kelly
    4.Young
    5.Sami
    6.Taylor
    7.Boyd
    8.Mo
    9.Peats
    10.James
    11.Tino
    12.Proctor
    13.Ese Ese
    14.Fermor
    15.Hipgrave
    16.Jollifee
    17.Peachy

Looks very promising and we would also have some quality depth for a change too.