Page 89 of 217 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3242
    Junior

Must:
    Fifi/Bateman (at least one)
    Welch - Future leader and a competitor if nothing else.
    Brian To'o/Rapana (at least one)

Maybe:
    Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    Herman Ese'ese
    Nathaniel Roache (always injured)

We need players that are competitors first and foremost. I would even go after Jake Friend depending if he gets on injury-free this season and roosters low ball him. Smart, experienced player and can really drive a team around the park.

I'm all for getting a couple old vets on cheap contracts for a year or two to teach our yound squad resilience and attitude. At the right price some could def have a place Jake Friend, Morris Bros, Ben Teo, Christian Welch, Jason Bukuya, Elijah Taylor. Obviously it all depends on how we want our future team and where we will have weaknesses, but some of those guys could be handy pickups to plug holes until we have the right players, don't want all our young guys only knowing a losing culture.

James Maloney anyone ?? Not sure if I read somewhere he is back here due to COVID ?? Could be something??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    James Maloney anyone ?? Not sure if I read somewhere he is back here due to COVID ?? Could be something??
    I think this has a lot of merit

Rep Player

Absolutely yes to Maloney. I didn't think much about Super League players or even displaced Union guys. If not Maloney, what about Sezer?

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    How many would you want to resign.. Lisone is doing well.. maybe hipgrave.. possibly proctor on a cheaper deal..
    Lisone on a two year deal. Hipgrave for one year if he goes concussion free and gets the penalties out of his game before years end. Can't risk another year with James on $700k for no game time and Proctor is only trying in his last year of contract so, see ya. He knew he would end up in super league.

Rep Player

To be fair to Proctor he’s had Ash feeding him the ball 10 m before the line his entire time here. He looked great with Fogarty in the first half on Friday.

I would only re sign the older guys like proctor, peats, copely if we can't sign anyone better, I think we probably should just get rid of everyone one by one except for a couple to help get rid of the losing culture we have here but maybe a 1 year deal till we find someone better next year

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    To be fair to Proctor he’s had Ash feeding him the ball 10 m before the line his entire time here. He looked great with Fogarty in the first half on Friday.
    Him having a lend while his contract gets played out for 3 years isn't Ash's fault. Defensively in the previous years he hasn't given it his all. He doesn't back up tackle after tackle he doesn't bust his ass to get back into the line or dummy. Not worth a minimum. If we keep re-signing the same people and expect different results then I, like many others after the first three rounds, will give up entirely.

Inactive User

Boning Sir Greg Bird for Cokey The Clown always makes me shake my head.
    Really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Hipgrave cheap (maybe)
    James cheap
    Proctor cheap (Maybe)
    Spry cheap (maybe)
    Lisone cheap

Everyone else unfortunately they are done
    Pretty much my thoughts. We probably need to hang on to a couple as the list that someone put up about who is off contract was very uninspiring. We should also look at who is off contract in 2021 as if you sign them (after November this year) then some clubs let players go a year early. As we see, contracts mean f all in the NRL. It has become obvious that a decent hooker is the absolute priority, followed by a half, then a centre, then a prop, then a backrower, then....well anybody really.

What stood out on the weekend was how many guys on debut or very early in their careers stood up. We have none of that. Us and the Dragons showed no intention to grind it out at all. The Dogs were outclassed but had a go and we can only dream that we would put in a performance like the Knights who lost Pearce after 5 minutes and came back from 14-0.

Rmours from Channel 9 that Corey Thompson may be looking for an immediate switch to the Titans. While I don't mind Thompson, he is too small to be a fullback imo and I don't know how we don't realise that what we need is forwards (specifically backrowers)

Junior

Very safe player. If the price is right.... would be happy to have him.
    Last edited by elltee; 02-06-20 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Very safe player. If the price is right.... would be happy to have him.
    Agree here. Good safe player. Not tall but runs the ball back hard. Probably get him cheap. He’s from up this way as well so does make sense. Has a bit of speed as well and could get is on the front foot as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Corey Thompson gives it his all everygame, I wouldn't want him long term but I assume this will be a stop gap fix for AJs injury. Right price I'm all for giving him 1 yr contract with another ye option in clubs favour.

He's better than Don, Copley, Peachey, and time will tell if he's better than Sami and Pearson.