Page 78 of 217 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I place the blame for all the dud Penrith signings on Garth. At the end of the day, the head coach is employed to manage the football side of the business. The CEO isn’t necessarily a football expert and I recall us previously criticising the board for overruling Neil Henry on the Hayne signing. We need to pick one — either we let the board overrule the coach on player signings or not.
    Good points. Garth is certainly the main one to blame for our salary cap and roster nightmare. With a lot of our dud signings Hayne, Taylor, Cartwright I feel they were rush of blood signings without anyone at the club saying “don’t be a ********, lets think about this first”. Especially in terms of the money.

I feel bad about Henry, I have no regrets about being part of the Cartwright and Brennan lynchings but with King Henry I was very wrong.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Good points. Garth is certainly the main one to blame for our salary cap and roster nightmare. With a lot of our dud signings Hayne, Taylor, Cartwright I feel they were rush of blood signings without anyone at the club saying “don’t be a ********, lets think about this first”. Especially in terms of the money.

I feel bad about Henry, I have no regrets about being part of the Cartwright and Brennan lynchings but with King Henry I was very wrong.
    I agree. Chasing big names and/or paying big for potential rather than consistently demonstrated ability. It’s a problem, but it’s one that cannot be fixed overnight and for me, the signs are good that the current mob are well on the way to fixing it. What we do with Ash when his contract is up will be the biggest indicator.

Junior

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...345d2c2fc83f89

Interesting article. "Someone who can lead the team, in the seven or six positions or one position, nine." So pretty much a spine overhaul?
    I can't help but wish Mal would shut up and work in silence. It's so embarrassing every player he says he wants signs with a different club.
    Last edited by elltee; 08-05-20 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...345d2c2fc83f89

Interesting article. "Someone who can lead the team, in the seven or six positions or one position, nine." So pretty much a spine overhaul?
    I can't help but wish Mal would shut up and work in silence. It's so embarrassing every player he says he wants signs with a different club.
    Good to see he’s working so hard. He really played a big part in helping with the anti Vaxxers too. Quelled another player uprising. Phew, we’re so lucky to have him.

NRL
    Axe for Proctor, Peats and Roberts? Mal Meninga’s Titans roster plans
    Laine Clark, AAP
    May 8, 2020 10:27am
    Subscriber only
    THE future of Gold Coast’s off contract stars will be decided in the next couple of months, Titans supremo Mal Meninga says.

But the Gold Coast head of performance and culture has already made his mind up on who he believes can deliver much needed “strong leadership” at the NRL club - boom Brisbane back-rower David Fifita.

Meninga said he would run the rule over the likes of off contract Titans Kevin Proctor, Nathan Peats and Tyrone Roberts when the NRL re-starts from May 28 as the Gold Coast look to rebuild under new coach Justin Holbrook.

Former skipper Ryan James is also off contract but is sidelined after suffering a recurrence of the ACL injury that sidelined him for most of 2019. “We want to rebuild our program into the future. Our philosophy is wait and see, see how they come back, see how well they start from May 28,” Meninga told Fox League Live.
    “We will gauge their value in the next or two. We won’t be in a rush. “We will also look at who else is available in the market.

“We will be patient. We will make sure we get it right in the long run.” Meninga said they hoped to be active at the negotiating table now that the NRL is allowing new player deals to be registered following a coronavirus lockdown. And he has set his sights on marquee names.

“Any marquee player who comes on to the market regardless of age we would be very interested in,” he said.

“Someone who can lead the team, in the seven or six position or one position, nine.

“And a marquee forward like a Jason Taumalolo of the world who can come and make a difference from the start but who are leaders.

“I think we need some really strong leadership at our club moving forward.” Meninga was convinced Fifita would fit the bill. While Brisbane are hoping to retain the explosive forward, Meninga has not given up on luring the 20-year-old.

“He’s a priority for us,” he said.

“We will be in the firing line to be talking to him.

“He is a marquee player who can come here and make a difference right from the start.”

https://twitter.com/rhys_oneill_/sta...041687552?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Brimson out indefinitely with back fracture

Dan WalshFri 8 May 2020, 11:25 AM
    The Titans could be without star fullback AJ Brimson for another three months after an initial stress fracture injury has developed into a full-blown broken back.

The 21-year-old missed the first two rounds of the season after being first injured at the NRL Nines, and has now had the best part of three months managing the issue.

Gold Coast coach Justin Holbrook on Friday said Brimson's return time was still unknown but feared he may not be available until midway through the NRL's rescheduled season.

"We're hoping to have AJ back by August but I don't want to be committing to that because I thought he'd be right to play once we resume from our six weeks but now we're talking June and July as well," Holbrook said.

"And then its a matter of how quick he is healing as well."

Brimson will "definitely" miss the first few rounds when the NRL kicks off again from May 28, but the club remains hopeful the issue will not rule him out for the entire 2020 campaign.

His breakout season was a rare bright spot for last year's wooden spooners, with Brimson rising to Australian Nines and Junior Kangaroos honours and landing himself a healthy two-year contract upgrade.

The lows and lows of being a GC Supporter. It just never ends.
    A broken back.
    Jesus Wept.

I really wish we'd throw Peachey at fullback to give us about of creativity and spark, he was decent in the couple games he played there for Penrith. As much as I loved Sami's effort and energy in his couple games at the back hes not a very good ball player

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I really wish we'd throw Peachey at fullback to give us about of creativity and spark, he was decent in the couple games he played there for Penrith. As much as I loved Sami's effort and energy in his couple games at the back hes not a very good ball player
    1000% agree

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Peachy does not respect the ball enough IMO. Couple that with a team that has terrible defence is a recipe for disaster. I would be chucking YT back at #1... its sad to say but name a player in our backline that makes a starting spot on any other team... maybe Kelly? I do agree Sami is just a winger if that

Peachy does not respect the ball enough IMO. Couple that with a team that has terrible defence is a recipe for disaster. I would be chucking YT back at #1... its sad to say but name a player in our backline that makes a starting spot on any other team... maybe Kelly? I do agree Sami is just a winger if that
    That is true about Peachey but I feel like at FB he will get the ball in better attacking situations rather then just floating around looking to create something while everyone just sits there and watches, his defence isnt the best but neither is Sami's I remember the Parra game he got burnt by Moses I think. I heard young can play FB but don't really remember much about him playing, I worry he will take a while to be ready to play first grade after so long out of the game and no pre season, he is only on a train and trial too so he can't play just yet.

First Grader

Read somewhere that Meninga is after Smith for next year

QLD Cup

Sad to say elltee but also bang on the money. It seems like we've been contempt to settle for mediocrity for years now. Don, Copley and Roberts wouldn't get a look in at any other club and the later two are both rejects that no other club wanted. It's so frustrating to watch them get selected every week and block the pathway of every young player we buy or players that we have coming through the system.

We've herd for years now that we want to play attractive and exciting football but how can we do that when these players don't actually have the skill to do that.

If it was up to me I'd be buying that young fullback from the Bronco's and telling him that the jersey is his to lose. I'd give GL a crack (his defence may be woeful but it can't be any worse than Don and Copleys and he was also the highest try scorer in the NSW Cup last year) and on the other wing it would be Pearson. Young T could either slot in at centre or I'd give Tremain Spry a go. I know that we would lose a lot of "experience" and it would be a young backline but the only real experience that our current crop have is how to lose. I just wanna see something different to what we are doing because it's frustrating to watch the same crap every week.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Read somewhere that Meninga is after Smith for next year
    Cameron?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Sad to say elltee but also bang on the money. It seems like we've been contempt to settle for mediocrity for years now. Don, Copley and Roberts wouldn't get a look in at any other club and the later two are both rejects that no other club wanted. It's so frustrating to watch them get selected every week and block the pathway of every young player we buy or players that we have coming through the system.

We've herd for years now that we want to play attractive and exciting football but how can we do that when these players don't actually have the skill to do that.

If it was up to me I'd be buying that young fullback from the Bronco's and telling him that the jersey is his to lose. I'd give GL a crack (his defence may be woeful but it can't be any worse than Don and Copleys and he was also the highest try scorer in the NSW Cup last year) and on the other wing it would be Pearson. Young T could either slot in at centre or I'd give Tremain Spry a go. I know that we would lose a lot of "experience" and it would be a young backline but the only real experience that our current crop have is how to lose. I just wanna see something different to what we are doing because it's frustrating to watch the same crap every week.
    I actually think Copley has gone ok on the wing. Usually looks dangerous in attack. He just can’t stay on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Cameron?
    Meninga is being ambiguous on purpose so that if he signs anyone named smith he will be doing a good job.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Meninga is being ambiguous on purpose so that if he signs anyone named smith he will be doing a good job.
    I mean I’d be stoked with Brandon, but we’ll probably end up with Will.