Page 153 of 217 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3242
    Inactive User

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....f60d1b2b21b233

Can someone post this even though it will hurt a lot
    Way to ruin what was a glorious day geeeeee

Titans’ Ryan James set to sign with Canberra Raiders
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

Fresh from their signing of Kiwi Test forward Corey Harawira-Naera, Canberra are confident of announcing the acquisition of Ryan James, the Gold Coast club captain, within days.

The Raiders are poised to land a major signing that will keep their premiership window open in the shape of representative forward Ryan James.

Fresh from their signing of Kiwi Test forward Corey Harawira-Naera, Canberra are confident of announcing the acquisition of the Gold Coast club captain within days.

James, who is currently recovering from a knee reconstruction, has agreed in principle to leave the Titans at the end of this season to join Ricky Stuart’s Raiders on a two-year deal.

James is in the process of undergoing a final medical check by the Raiders and The Sunday Telegraph understands he has knocked back interest from the Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm, to decide that Canberra will be his next home.

The Country Origin prop and Indigenous All Stars representative will take a massive pay-cut to join the Raiders, with the two-year deal a case of clever recruitment by the Raiders with the deal worth around $400,000 for the 2021 and 2022 seasons.

James, 29, has told the Raiders he wants to come to Canberra to give himself the best chance to win a premiership.

The Titans’ longest-serving player having made his debut for the club 10-years ago, the 112kg forward was off-contract at the end of this season and will leave the Gold Coast with a heavy heart after featuring in 144 NRL matches for the club.

A big middle-man with quality footwork for his size, James was on the cusp of a NSW State of Origin call-up in 2018, brought into Blues coach Brad Fittler‘s squad as a shadow player.

James and Harawira-Naera will provide the Raiders with adequate cover in the forwards in 2021, following the decision by John Bateman to quit the club.

The move south is a career-defining switch for James who hasn’t played since his right knee collapsed in April, 2019.

While the COVID lockdown delayed his rehabilitation — from what is his third knee reconstruction — James told The Courier Mail in an interview last month that he believes he will be ready to start full training as soon as the 2021 pre-season begins.

After undergoing hamstring grafts for his first two knee operations, James opted for a quad graft this time and has been amazed at his recovery.

“I’m feeling pretty strong,” he said.

“It’s been a totally different rehab program with the quad graft. With hamstring grafts you’re always tentative around your hammy.

“Last year I tore my hammy trying to take off my shoe. I’ve been a lot more comfortable getting around.

“Once you start running everything feels normal again. If everything goes to plan I will be ready to start pre-season.”

The signing of James is likely to impact the Raiders’ plan to loan Broncos young gun Ethan Bullemor.

Canberra management spent Saturday deciding whether they had enough room in their cap to bring Bullemor straight into their squad this week.

They are considering scrapping the idea.

Meanwhile, Harawira-Naera has arrived in Canberra to commence his biosecurity process with the club and must pass a series of fitness tests before being considered for the Raiders’ next clash against the Cowboys on Saturday.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

What month is it? Is it Christmas. We sign Fifita, James goes to the Raiders and Shannon Boyd is set to be released this week. Wow what a early Christmas present.
    Psmitty

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    What month is it? Is it Christmas. We sign Fifita, James goes to the Raiders and Shannon Boyd is set to be released this week. Wow what a early Christmas present.
    You don’t like James? He’s a club legend and a leader. Wish we’d kept him, especially since the Raiders got him for only 400k/year.

First Grader

Herman to prop and Asiati to lock I reckon. I am sure we are still after him

Heard James has signed with the dogs
    On super Saturday it was mentioned

Can we whip the hat around and call it a third party deal? :/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I would have loved to have kept James and honestly surprised he isn't sticking with the club considering he was out for literally his entire last contract which wasn't small. Then again I doubt we can pay 400k with his record of 39% availability (I think I read somewhere). Best of luck to him if he does head to Canberra though his experience etc will be missed I am sure.

Would love a 100% fit James in the team every day of the week but it just hasn’t played out that way. Wish him all the best though and hope his knee is stable for at least the Raiders medical.

Inactive User

Really wanted Ryan to be our first true one club legend. I’d like to think we match the Canberra offer and give him a chance to reconsider.
    I think Ryan may regret leaving to do this in time.

I wish James all the best and it's been a shame he has been injured recently. I think we have needed a massive cleanup as these guys have been underperforming for a few years. We wanted change and a clean up and now we are starting to see it. Hopefully Copely, Peats, Rein, Wallace, Taylor and Proctor can eventually move on as well. I would maybe consider some of these only if it is like a Don type of deal of an extremely low wage is agreed.
    Psmitty

Disappointed to lose James but he was not going well before his injuries. Nothing like what he was like in previous years. If Wilhelm's figures of 400k are right I would have been happy to pay him that as I would have liked to see him in a better forward pack. Overall, on the day we are way in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Really wanted Ryan to be our first true one club legend. I’d like to think we match the Canberra offer and give him a chance to reconsider.
    I think Ryan may regret leaving to do this in time.
    I agree. He would be our first true one club-man.

And I have a feeling that he will regret missing what lays ahead.

At the end of the day, no matter what happens I wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I wish James all the best and it's been a shame he has been injured recently. I think we have needed a massive cleanup as these guys have been underperforming for a few years. We wanted change and a clean up and now we are starting to see it. Hopefully Copely, Peats, Rein, Wallace, Taylor and Proctor can eventually move on as well. I would maybe consider some of these only if it is like a Don type of deal of an extremely low wage is agreed.
    I'd keep Proctor out of that lot but on a lower wage. Hooker now is an absolute priority.

Fifi is a huge get and credit has to be given to Holbrook and Mal (sorry JB) as well - without them I don’t think we would’ve even gone close. Big day for the club.

James is a hard loss to swallow but honestly if he gets the chance to extend his career somewhere then good on him. I’m not even sure he would’ve made our 17 and coming off his injuries it’s hard to justify a contract beyond 1 year. I hope he kills it down there after having such a cruel few years.