Page 145 of 217 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3242
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    You don’t think Young/BK is a good enough combination??
    I think they’ve shown enough to have a bit of belief in.
    I’d be coaching them and looking to bring through some Junior Talent to put the pressure on them such as Seuli and Spry.
    Agree. Kelly makes some dumb mistakes but not due to lack of effort.

I also want to bring junior to the top grade but think we have no-one in the centres to guide them when the get there
    I think we also should re-sign James if not just for his leadership in the front row but when he started we had props with a Hugh amount of NRL experience
    Juniors are fine but we do need a balance
    Aitkens has over 100 games now in the NRL and Ricky Leutele has around 130 I think
    Kelly has around 70 odd but has not improved sense he was at Manly but with another centre he might be able to improve
    I like Kelly but at the moment I think he is a better winger then centre

Rep Player

I've always liked Leutele and we were linked to him for a while before he ended up signing for Toronto on something stupid like 500k/year from memory. Only issue is I think Kelly is one of our few bright prospects and he plays the same side as Leutele. I'd also prefer Young over Leutele on the right side, but would definitely not be opposed to having him for some good depth in the squad if he comes at a decent price. He played juniors for Logan so would probably jump at the opportunity to come home. Direct swap for Copley I reckon. Can't see him being re-signed for next year.

Inactive User

Are all of Toronto’s players contracts now null?

Spry has no future in the NRL, nothing this year or last year in reserve grade impressed me.
    Hipgrave wont be re-signed he also has no future here at the club he misses way too many, to compare him to Bird is an insult to Bird. Greg Bird was a defensive warhorse for us, Hipgrave misses more tackles than he makes and makes too many errors.
    Copley is made of paper and shouldnt be resigned.
    B Kelly is a winger or a back-up center at best.

Also stating the obvious I cant wait to have, Wallace, Peachy, Whitbread, Boyd, Cartwright, Taylor all off our books.
    Last edited by hungryjacks; 21-07-20 at 02:35 PM.

Immortal

Tremain Spry has played two NRL matches and is only 20. In the Queensland Cup in 2019 he was the competitions form centre in the opening eight to ten rounds prior to levelling off in the second half of the season.

I personally would like to keep him around, but to each their own, we all have our opinions.

Im happy to see him develop as depth but at this stage to rely on him for a starting winger or center spot, he seems out of his depth in NRL fitness wise and pace wise. Maybe maturity and more experience will change that.

I like the look of Spry. He’s had a baptism of fire but I thought he’s played solid. Can’t wait to see him develop. Holbrook is the coach to develop players that we have.

Also I would like to say that I’m concerned for Hipgraves health. I worry he’s hiding a head knock which would explain last weeks game or his shoulder was not right either. I’ll be watching him this week to see how he goes. Also we need to remember that he has had a bad concussion that forced him from playing last year. If he cops a bad head knock that could spell the end of his career potentially. So there could be a lot at play that we don’t know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Tremain Spry has played two NRL matches and is only 20. In the Queensland Cup in 2019 he was the competitions form centre in the opening eight to ten rounds prior to levelling off in the second half of the season.

I personally would like to keep him around, but to each their own, we all have our opinions.
    Agree mate.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

What concerns me is that apparently we now have good junior pathways but that won’t stop the birds of prey swooping on our best with inflated offers and we end up with the next tier down. Much like what happened with Paulo. We need to identify the top tier of our juniors and ensure we have sufficient money to pay these in order to keep them.

Inactive User

I’m wondering if Mal/Justin are eyeing off any Toronto players

Junior

"Brisbane hierarchy have told Jack Bird he is free to leave immediately as the Broncos build a salary-cap war chest in a bid to stop star back-rower David Fifita quitting to join the Gold Coast."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...88fd2c48d24951

Surely we are not so stupid to allow this to continue. Tell Fifi you have until Friday, or pull the deal now. We are just enabling broncos time to do the above.

Rep Player

Tinfoil hat time.

We always knew that Fifita would never leave the Broncos so we bid him up to force them to pay overs. They release a highly paid player such as Bird on a heavily subsidized wage to keep Fifita, screwing over their cap and giving us the player we really wanted all along at a reasonable price: Tom Dearden. No way can Broncos keep him with Fifita and Niu recently locked up on big contracts.

Inactive User

I’m just watching 360 and Drongoe Fan Boy Badel is on.
    That’s quite a pin head he possesses.
    I enjoyed how he said the Titans aren’t giving him any info.

I like how we aren't giving any Info, if only Mal wasn't on tv telling everyone who were chasing and this would be perfect for us,I agree either way we drive his price up and could target their other talented youngsters if Fifi stays

Rep Player

If they subsidise 500k of Bird's wage and pay 1m to Fifita, they're effectively paying 1.5m for one player.