Page 132 of 217 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3242

How many times does it have to be said before people understand that there is 0% chance fifita signs anything other than a 1 year deal right now, because of his current manager. Yes it is stupid for us to offer so much to him, but if Broncos can extend him this year for cheap, theres not a chance he leaves after that since they will have far more cap space. The only chance we have of ever getting him is if we get him for the 1 year and then he decides he wants to stay.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    How many times does it have to be said before people understand that there is 0% chance fifita signs anything other than a 1 year deal right now, because of his current manager. Yes it is stupid for us to offer so much to him, but if Broncos can extend him this year for cheap, theres not a chance he leaves after that since they will have far more cap space. The only chance we have of ever getting him is if we get him for the 1 year and then he decides he wants to stay.
    So therefore all that criticism in the article pretty much calling us a bunch of hillbillies is justified

well yes because 1.25 is far too much, but criticising us for only offering 1 year just shows they have no clue about the situation. I'm assuming the plan is to offer him so much for 1 year so that he comes here, and then hope that once he's here he doesn't want to leave and will take a reduced deal of 1m per year over 4 or 5 seasons.

plus they (and also JT) have roasted us about having 2 players on a combined 2.25 million dollars, but Ash is off contract at the end of next year and we obviously won't give him close to a mill again
    Last edited by Titslover; 13-07-20 at 11:22 AM.

Inactive User

It would be a terrible look for us and him if he comes for one year and goes back to the Drongoes but we as a club have been through much worse before.

oh yeah we'd be an absolute joke if that happened, but you'd hope that under Holbrook and with most the deadweight gone we could be good enough next year to make him stay. 1.25 is ridiculous though and I really hope he rejects us

Rep Player

I think management have so much faith in Holbrook's coaching ability that their recruitment strategy with regards to Fifita is to pay him whatever it takes to get him into the system and show him that all the media noise is exactly that: noise. Holbrook's coaching will then do the talking and he won't want to leave. Let's not forget that the Broncos are owned by News Corp. All this crap in the media bagging on the Titans is part of their recruitment strategy: slander the opposition and shame him into staying. They've done these dirty tactics for years so I'm surprised that anyone is buying into the latest iteration.

Much, much worse Bodsie ... we've been through fire, flood, famine and COVID-19 ... we've been through Searleworld, bankruptcy and salad spoons ... we've been through Carty (1.0 & 1.02), the King without Clothes and Brenno the not so Magnificent ... we've been through the Hayne Shame, the Jamma Jumble, Dave the Toy Train, Nate Inches and the Atay Shuffle ... I could go on and on and on ... get the bloke here, give his mummy the best seat in the house, name a gate after him and stick a huge middle digit up the clacker of those Brisso crackers and media floosies who think that being a great player makes you a great arbiter ... stuff the lot of them.

PLUS I've been stuck in China for half a year, separated from family, friends and footy yet I'm not crying like a girl, spitting the dummy and heading home because I'm feeling sad, lonely and haven't had a decent hangi for a while or been stuck at a Sunshine Coast Resort ... bloody shameful at the money they're all on.

Rant over, and I trust you are all safe and well on this glorious Monday morning.
    Last edited by Titanic; 13-07-20 at 11:51 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think management have so much faith in Holbrook's coaching ability that their recruitment strategy with regards to Fifita is to pay him whatever it takes to get him into the system and show him that all the media noise is exactly that: noise. Holbrook's coaching will then do the talking and he won't want to leave. Let's not forget that the Broncos are owned by News Corp. All this crap in the media bagging on the Titans is part of their recruitment strategy: slander the opposition and shame him into staying. They've done these dirty tactics for years so I'm surprised that anyone is buying into the latest iteration.
    News Corp might own the Broncos but they don't own the people being quoted. Worst deal in the history of trade deals. Sorry Trump we win that title if this goes through.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    News Corp might own the Broncos but they don't own the people being quoted. Worst deal in the history of trade deals. Sorry Trump we win that title if this goes through.
    Disagree. If we get him for 1 year @ 1.25m then 4-5 years at @ 1m, it will be worth it. It's a gamble though and it could backfire bigly if he takes our money then runs back to the Donkeys in 2022.

Disagree. If we get him for 1 year @ 1.25m then 4-5 years at @ 1m, it will be worth it. It's a gamble though and it could backfire bigly if he takes our money then runs back to the Donkeys in 2022.
    Except if we get him for one year at $1250000 and then he goes back to the Broncos for the remainder. Which if your version was going to happen he wouldn't be changing his mind every other day.

Rep Player

Except if we get him for one year at $1250000 and then he goes back to the Broncos for the remainder. Which if your version was going to happen he wouldn't be changing his mind every other day.
    That’s what I said...

That’s what I said...
    So you did. I thought your argument was he will be so dazzled by our club he would want to stay. Instead you are playing both ends of the scenario. If we sign a one year deal (which is all he can sign due to his management issue) we are morons. Simple as that.

Rep Player

So you did. I thought your argument was he will be so dazzled by our club he would want to stay. Instead you are playing both ends of the scenario. If we sign a one year deal (which is all he can sign due to his management issue) we are morons. Simple as that.
    I'm not playing both ends. I said what I thought management's reasoning was and then stated my own opinion (that it's a gamble). The nature of gambling is that we won't know if it's good or bad until after it has happened. I therefore think your absolute statement (that we are morons for taking the gamble) is premature.

Not sure I see how it makes us morons JB. What do you suggest? We don’t offer a deal or we offer a longer term deal initially which he’s obviously going to decline?

Not having a go, just trying to understand your rationale

If at the very worst all we get is keeping the ‘Ponies halfway honest then it’s a win. Silence would have not given us one iota of a chance at him and looking past the bucks if we got him then we have a weapon for a year and possibly longer, if not just another reason to flog them again next year. Lighten up I reckon.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.