Page 127 of 217 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    In my opinion, this is just dumb. He is no where near that much. Anyway, I’m not taking this news seriously until something official comes out.

Inactive User

This is the only person in the world of rugby league I’d offer overs for.
    I congratulate the club on having a red hot crack at this.

If Fifita does stay at the Drongoes though and we do the same with other players then my attitude will be a very different story.

Nup he rejected our very decent offer of $1.1m let's withdraw our current offer, we look completely desperate and looks like any player agent will come to us to beef up their players contract.

Use that $1.25m and sign Ese'ese, Asiata and either half/hooker (if we need a stop gap short term option there is in the halves - Jackson Hastings, Blake Green, Keiran Foran, Aidan Sezer and hookers if we want to invest for the future - Reed Mahoney, Jake Turpin, Harry Grant, Sam Verrils)

Fullback - Thompson/AJ
    Wings - Pearson/Sami
    Centres - Kelly/Young
    Halves - Atay/ (Fogarty, Blake Green, Sezer, Foran)
    Hooker - Rein/Clarke (Mahoney, Turpin, Grant, Verrils)
    Prop - Jolifee/Mo
    2nd Row - Tino/Proctor
    Lock - Ese'ese

Bench Lisone/R James/Asiata/Tanah

Hell even use that $1.25 to get Asiata, Ese'ese and Oates to get all 3 and still go after a big name for 2022.
    Last edited by indoallstars; 08-07-20 at 06:34 PM.

If any of this is true we are destined for history to repeat itself. Another $ player who doesn’t want to be here.

In the wise words of Elsa “Let it go”

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Nup he rejected our very decent offer of $1.1m let's withdraw our current offer, we look completely desperate and looks like any player agent will come to us to beef up their players contract.

Use that $1.25m and sign Ese'ese, Asiata and either half/hooker (if we need a stop gap short term option there is in the halves - Jackson Hastings, Blake Green, Keiran Foran, Aidan Sezer and hookers if we want to invest for the future - Reed Mahoney, Jake Turpin, Harry Grant)

Fullback Thompson/AJ
    Wings Pearson/Sami
    Centres Kelly/Young
    Halves Atay/ (Fogarty, Blake Green, Sezer, Foran)
    Hooker Rein/Clarke (Mahoney, Turpin,Grant)
    Prop Jolifee/Mo
    2nd Row Tino/Proctor
    Lock Ese'ese

Bench Lisone/R James/Asiata/Tanah

Hell even use that $1.25 to get Asiata, Ese'ese and Oates to get all 3 and still go after a big name for 2022.
    Sam Verrills is who we need. Would be a great fit. Not too expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by elltee View Post
    Sam Verrills is who we need. Would be a great fit. Not too expensive either.
    He's a gun, I will add him to the list

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    He's a gun, I will add him to the list
    He’s not that expensive because he’s playing for a premiership winning team. Didn’t he just do his ACL too?

First Grader

1.25m is ridiculous. I can understand if its for 1 year and there is a way they can get him to sign something stating he will re sign a new contract with us for a less amount (1m per year) when his contract runs out with his current manager.

If they pay this amount of money in the hope that he signs a long term deal with us come November, December then i don't even know ow what to say

If any of this is true we are destined for history to repeat itself. Another $ player who doesn’t want to be here.

In the wise words of Elsa “Let it go”
    Yes, you would wonder whether his heart would really be in it if he leaves the sinking ship. No back rower is worth that and I would only pay near that for a top shelf half or hooker. If he knocks it back you would expect plenty of managers on the phone with blokes interested in coming here. Just have to get the ones that have the right motives.
    Sorry Mum, you're stuck in your rented one bedder.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s not that expensive because he’s playing for a premiership winning team. Didn’t he just do his ACL too?
    I have no doubt the Roosters will let him go as he'll have Jake Friend's spot within a season.

Rep Player

Apparently Rabbitohs offered Fifita 1.2m/year earlier this year and he knocked them back. If both Wayne and Mal think he's worth that much, surely there's something we're not seeing.

A bit over this. If I wake up tomorrow and the headline reads “ Titans pull offer to Fifita” I won’t be upset. He is a massive talent and could be great for us but this merry go round is rubbish. We have upped our offer twice, it’s clear where his heart is. Let him stay up there in Sieboldville.

Inactive User

https://twitter.com/chrisgarry7/stat...623634432?s=21

Here’s the latest from the Drongoe Fan Boy Media

‪So at the end of the day there has been no reports where a spokesman for the @GCTitans has said they have offered $x. The only thing reported is a vague line that Mal Meninga has upped the offer but no quote form him either. So the money offer is all hearsay at the moment. ?? ‬I don’t believe that Titans have offered that sort of money. I would think that Darryl and Rebecca would have a limit to offer Fifita but I would hope that it would be far less than reported.

Let’s all keep in mind that today’s circus has not been directly linked ( or substantiated) to the Titans at all. This is all driven by the CM and Chris Garry.

In my opinion Fifita is worth $1mil but not more. For mine if I was the Titans I would tonight be working out what 3-4 other players I would target to Keep the club on the rise. Harry Grant springs to mind as well as Lindsay Collins. Then sure up a bunch of the young guys we have in the system as well.

Fifita is not coming here so I will move on and hope that the club does to and sign guys that want to be here or come to us.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Immortal

Really impressed with how the Titans have handled this, they have not commented and have not contributed to the media frenzy around this. No doubt a lot is being linked, but I am confident that it is not from the Titans side of the fence.

Some people should hang their hands in shame about the pressure that they have put on this young man, but the Titans brain trust are definately NOT in that category.

QLD Cup

I’ve got mixed feelings on this. I can see why we would offer that much for a single season. Get him here for one year so he can see what the culture is like and how Holbrook coaches and then offer him a long term deal at a reduced price. It would be harder for him to return to Brisbane once he’s been here.

On the other hand, what does it say to the players such as Mo who are very undervalued as far as their current deal goes.

I think ultimately we were going to have to make a play at somebody like this at some point. It’s naive to think that our junior system alone will deliver us a premiership. We are going to need some outside players to help bolster the squad. I can understand how it seems like a massive risk though when it has never worked out for us in the past.