Page 110 of 217 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3242

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    That's bloody good to look at indoallstars, what a superb pack if all these signings happen. Also talk of Asiata being in talks with the club too, he wouldn't be bad coming off that bench.

Also just quietly, supposedly the Roosters are keen on keeping Jake Friend for the rest of his career. Wouldn't Sam Verrils look good in a Titans number 9 jersey....
    Sam Verrils what a gun, I love it

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    not sure how we can afford such big contract signings after Tino with so much dead weight already taking up the cap here and with many of those contracts not up for at least a couple of years yet?

I hate these big numbers being touted around, quite honestly. We look like pathetic poaches with still nobody coming up through our own junior ranks.

You guys are off with the fairies throwing all those big names in your team lists above lol
    Think you're forgetting we have lost Arrow (400k or so) and James (700k+) will most likely be on the outer or on a reduced deal. Also a couple of other guys on lower contracts that won't be re-signed either. Then the end of next year I believe Carty, Ash and Peachey all come off contract so a lot of cash to splash there

Titans chasing star Knights forward Herman Ese’ese for 2021
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    June 24, 2020 1:18pm
    Subscriber only
    Broncos Bombshell: Star axed for teen sensation
    NRL Tackle: Latrell unlocks game’s most valuable commodity
    The Titans are ramping up their recruitment drive with the Gold Coast in talks to lure hulking prop Herman Ese’ese from the Knights.

As revealed by The Courier-Mail, Titans culture boss Mal Meninga has launched a $5 million pursuit of Brisbane sensation David Fifita and now Gold Coast recruitment chiefs are eyeing off former Bronco Ese’ese.

The former New Zealand Test prop was close to joining Gold Coast last year, only for the Knights to block the move, but formal talks have been revived with a view to Ese’ese becoming a Titan next season.

The Titans have already secured Storm monster Tino Fa’asuamaleaui for 2021 and are keen to add the power running of the off-contract Ese’ese to bring a dynamic edge to their pack.

Ese’ese is tipped to leave Newcastle at season’s end and his manager Simon Mammino confirmed the Titans are in the mix for the bookend’s signature

“The Titans are definitely an option for Herman,” he said.

“His partner has family in Queensland and he went to school in Brisbane so he is looking to play for the Titans.

“He is related to Tino so that’s another attraction to come to the Gold Coast. He would like to play with Tino.

“I am talking to a few clubs and then I am waiting to hear back from Newcastle.

“He has a few options but Herman is looking to come home.”

Newcastle’s change of heart with Ese’ese stands to cost the 110kg forward a significant sum of money.

The Titans had tabled a $1 million deal over two seasons last year, but the Knights weren’t prepared to sign an immediate release. Due to salary-cap restrictions, the Titans have tabled a reduced offer, but Ese’ese remains interested.

The Knights are willing to let Ese’ese walk away. Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images.
    The Knights are willing to let Ese’ese walk away. Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images.
    The 25-year-old has played 78 first-grade games, including 30 for the Broncos, and could be a handy ally upfront Titans young gun Mo Fotuaika.

“We were close to signing with the Titans for this year but unfortunately the Knights weren’t able to release him,” Mammino said.

“We are giving Newcastle every opportunity to retain a player they brought down from the Brisbane Broncos.

“The new pace of the game will work wonders for Herman. Bigger forwards need leg speed under the new rules and Herman has that. He has a lot to offer any club with his experience and agility.

“We haven’t given thought to Herman to being at the Titans this year. The offer was initially on the table but the Knights won’t entertain that. He wants to get the job done this year, go deep into the season this year and hopefully win a grand final at Newcastle under Adam O’Brien.

https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/...622857218?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

https://www.zerotackle.com/report-fo...updated-56460/

Would also love to see marika koroibete back in the nrl i def think it's worth titans having a discussion with him.

Would happily see him in the backline going forwards.

1. AJ
    2. Pearson
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. Koroibete

It's a nice to have but not a must have!

I know HS will be thinking that I have had a lobotomy , Whilst its nice to hear all the stories that we are going after all these players but I feel we should be pushing the local juniors to the front. I aware that some may not be quite ready yet but I hope that Justin Holbrook has got that in mind. I'm also aware that we need to fill some manpower gaps as they come up but I wonder what does ( Potentially ) recruiting is a new look forward pack say to the local juniors and the parents of these players ( Titans closed for business for locals ) ???. You can look at the list of off contract players to work out who won't be here next year with the players that we are talking to and $$$ amounts being reported. I also prey that with the players that are moving on that the culture on and off the field changes.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    https://www.zerotackle.com/report-fo...updated-56460/

Would also love to see marika koroibete back in the nrl i def think it's worth titans having a discussion with him.

Would happily see him in the backline going forwards.

1. AJ
    2. Pearson
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. Koroibete

It's a nice to have but not a must have!
    I read that Koroibete's market value is around 600k. Great player but that's a lot for a winger.

Tesi apparently agreeing to 1 year at Brisbane. They’re saying he has the same manager issues as Fifita.

On another note - the tone of Broncos fanboy in Chris Garry’s tweets is embarrassingly cringe. Anyone remember when he said TPJ is worth more than Taumalolo? Classic

I suspect Fifita will agree to another year up there as well.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 25-06-20 at 09:15 AM.

I am sure that both Fifita and Nui can also sign with us for a year if it helps get them over the line with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Tesi apparently agreeing to 1 year at Brisbane. They’re saying he has the same manager issues as Fifita.

On another note - the tone of Broncos fanboy in Chris Garry’s tweets is embarrassingly cringe. Anyone remember when he said TPJ is worth more than Taumalolo? Classic

I suspect Fifita will agree to another year up there as well.
    Oh gosh just read the tweet. From him it’s like a school kids “in your face “ tweet.

Yep I remember what he said about TPJ back then. For him Broncos can do no wrong.

So how does Chris Garry report that he was never going to titans but Mal has said Tesi had agreed verbally

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    So how does Chris Garry report that he was never going to titans but Mal has said Tesi had agreed verbally
    Agree mate. Who is right or telling the truth. Gary will always take a chance to knife the Titans.

If we want to look at signing anyone we should look at Paul Bunn and Alex Corvo. These two guys would go along way to getting us on the right path.

Yep ... know Bunny well and he’d be great. I think I’ve made it clear what I think of Meninga and I shudder every time I read his goddamned ridiculously self-important posturing statements. His mantra needs to change from “what has league done for me” to “what have I done for the Titans”. I think he chases players away.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

TITANS
    Former Test prop Shannon Boyd contemplating shock early retirement
    Travis Meyn, Michael Carayannis, The Courier-Mail
    June 25, 2020 2:53pm
    Subscriber only
    Turbo’s hammies ‘stronger than ever’ before injury
    Now we see how great Ponga wants to be
    Former Kangaroos prop Shannon Boyd is contemplating walking away from the Gold Coast to become a farmer in a move which would take Broncos gun David Fifita on step closer to the Titans.

News Corp can reveal Boyd is considering quitting the NRL after falling out of favour with Titans coach Justin Holbrook.

The departures of Boyd and off-contract hooker Nathan Peats will help the Titans free up salary cap space to sign Fifita to a $5 million deal.

Jarrd Wallace is another Titans player who has struggled this year but like Boyd has two years left on his current deal. The 28-year-old played the last of his six Queensland matches as recently as last year but hasn’t been able to make the Titans side since round three. The Dragons have inquired about getting Wallace to the club immediately to beef-up their depleted forward stocks. He has been recalled to play the Broncos on Saturday.
    Boyd has struggled since he joined the Titans. Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images.
    Boyd has struggled since he joined the Titans. Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images.
    The Titans are in the midst of huge changes to their forward pack. Former Blues hooker Peats is off-contact and can’t find a spot while Jai Arrow will join the Rabbitohs next year.

They have signed Tino Fa’asuamaleaui for next season and are looking at Brisbane’s David Fifita and Newcastle’s Herman Ese’ese.

The 125kg Boyd has struggled to adapt to the fast-paced NRL since the introduction of the six-again rule and is at long odds to pull on a Titans jersey again.

Boyd, who drives a beefed up Toyota Landcruiser ute, is a country boy at heart and wants to return to his hometown of Cowra in New South Wales to work in the family livestock business.

But he has a huge financial consideration to make.
    Boyd signed a $2.4 million four-year contract with the Titans from 2019-2022 and is not even halfway through the deal.

He can see out the contract and spend the next two-and-a-half years in reserve grade with the possibility of making the odd appearance in the NRL.

Boyd, 27, is hoping to broker a deal with the Titans to receive a payout to leave the club immediately.

Any payout would be included in the Gold Coast’s salary cap for the next two seasons, leaving the Titans with a delicate decision to make.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell refused to comment on the situation.
    Boyd was one of the NRL’s top props in 2016 and played four Tests for the Kangaroos.

Former Titans coach Garth Brennan splashed out huge money to bring him to the Gold Coast from Canberra, but he has only managed 14 games in two seasons after suffering a shoulder injury last year.

Boyd played one game following the COVID-19 lockdown and hasn’t been sighted in the NRL since.

There was talk he could join the Dragons to replace England-bound James Graham and be closer to home, but that appears unlikely

https://twitter.com/travismeyn/statu...453387776?s=21

^ What do people make of that article?

Boyd, Peats and Wallace possibly leaving. Is it Christmas? Here is hoping that we can get rid of some of them. i would like us to try and offload Taylor also but I am only dreaming.

Not sure who or if we will sign any of these other players we are linked too. I think we are a basket case and we have become like Newcastle was a number of years ago when nobody wanted to go there. We basically have to pay overs to attract players and others just do not want to come to a losing team and culture. It could be a long time before this changes and the past administration and coaches have a lot to answer for.

I am scared offering Fifita 5 million dollars as our track record of big signings is poor but if we do sign him them hopefully he will attract others and things will slowly begin to turn around. We are a real mess at the moment on the field and it will take some massive changes before we are force and competitive more then a couple of good games here and there.
    Psmitty