Page 109 of 217 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3242
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Id give my left nut for Harry Grant to sign here
    We land Fifita and it just may happen.

Still think it's odds on that Fifita will re-sign with Brisbane on a one year deal and then go to the open market the year after (as I believe he has a dispute with his current manager) and his mum has said countless times that she will ensure he goes nowhere. But surely it must be hard to knock our offer back.

To risk losing approximately $1.5 million over the 5 years would surely be a tough pill to swallow, and he'd be losing even more if we offer him a 10 year deal. Also, two of his best mates Tanah and Tino are at the club, and now if we sign Tesi that's another of his good mates too so hopefully that works in our favour.

Hate that Mal/someone in the club seems to be leaking the figures and deals to the media, as it disappoints us fans and makes the club look stupid if they don't eventuate. But hopefully they are doing all they can as it would be an incredible signing. Got my fingers, toes and everything crossed that the club gets it done

Rep Player

1. Niu
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. NZFan
    6. Maloney
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Grant
    10. Lisone
    11. Fifita
    12. Tino
    13. Asiata

14. AJ
    15. Jolliffe
    16. Hipgrave
    17. Farmer/Fermor

Dare to dream, boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We land Fifita and it just may happen.
    Isn’t Harry Grant at Melbourne storm till 2022? In my opinion if we have to bedazzle players to come here we won’t attract others here unless a price tag comes with it as They’ll compare themselves to the deals we’ve just made.

Hipgrave will not be anywhere near my dreams tyvm

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    1. Niu
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Young
    5. NZFan
    6. Maloney
    7. Fogarty
    8. Mo
    9. Grant
    10. Lisone
    11. Fifita
    12. Tino
    13. Asiata

14. AJ
    15. Jolliffe
    16. Hipgrave
    17. Farmer/Fermor

Dare to dream, boys.
    I would add ESE ESE ahead of Lisone and drop Hipgrave

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Isn’t Harry Grant at Melbourne storm till 2022? In my opinion if we have to bedazzle players to come here we won’t attract others here unless a price tag comes with it as They’ll compare themselves to the deals we’ve just made.
    The Fifita affect may be that we get these guys as they come off contract not only next year but in the years beyond

not sure how we can afford such big contract signings after Tino with so much dead weight already taking up the cap here and with many of those contracts not up for at least a couple of years yet?

I hate these big numbers being touted around, quite honestly. We look like pathetic poaches with still nobody coming up through our own junior ranks.

You guys are off with the fairies throwing all those big names in your team lists above lol
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 24-06-20 at 10:48 AM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    not sure how we can afford such big contract signings after Tino with so much dead weight already taking up the cap here and with many of those contracts not up for at least a couple of years yet?

I hate these big numbers being touted around, quite honestly. We look like pathetic poaches with still nobody coming up through our own junior ranks.

You guys are off with the fairies throwing all those big names in your team lists above lol
    It was a hypothetical dream list, not meant to be realistic.

And I think you'll find that we're more often the poachee than the poacher.

I think you all need to stop being so pessimistic. There’s 2 reasons why mal went public with the Fifita and Nui stories

1. We didn’t say a figure for Nui because it’s not high but in doing so forced Brisbane’s hand in messing with their team list and sowing division in the dressing room whilst simultaneously putting out a notice to all prominent juniors (and their agents) that we are open for business. Our cap situation is healthy next year and we can massage things for the next 3 quite easily.

2. Linking with FiFi at the price we listed does two things: tells the broncos that we will take him and also tells other clubs looking for sniff the outlay they’ll need to make sure they can even compete, this takes out parra, roosters and other Sydney clubs bar the dogs as most have their cap tied up in their own marquee players.

This also is delivered at a time where we need Brisbane to be distracted, looking over their shoulders at training wondering if the guy they play next too will be there next year or whether they are leaving them. It also in the Nui case makes journeymen wary as Isaako through no fault of his own has been dropped to appease a 0 gamer who’s only claim is potential, who else will Brisbane do this too when other clubs come sniffing at juniors.

Overall even if we get nothing but Brisbane sowing seeds of doubt in themselves ruining their team dynamic. It’s club psychology 101, arrows clearly had the same impact here with his announcement of leaving for Souths

QLD Cup

If you’re going to name dream lists than you may as well list the NSW squad.

That squad also lacks any real experience in the forwards. Have. Look at how the Broncos are going without any leadership in key positions. Harry Grant would be an absolute luxury but if it was me I’d be looking to bolster that pack with an experienced 9. Someone like Parcell as you’ve mentioned before would probably go alright. We also need to figure out that lock position. Whoever we bring in there needs to be hard edges but also seasoned. I’d be looking at a Brown/McGuire type player.

Outside of the halves we can afford to have less experienced younger players. Ultimately we need to score points. As much as I like AJ I think that he is going to be better suited to a ultilty role or 6. He’s a natural runner but his passing game for fullback needs work. I’d be all for picking up Tesi Nui to compete with Thompson.

Herman Ese'ese is supposedly going to sign with us for 2021. A few other clubs interested but his manager confirmed we are the favourites as Herman wants to come back to Queensland as his wife has family here.

Would be a great signing and geez he would be handy for the lock position @NZFan

If we can secure Ese'ese and Fifita, suddenly we would have one of the most desirable forward packs in the NRL.

Props: Lisone/Mo
    2nd Row: Tino/Fifita
    Lock: Ese'ese
    Bench: Jolifee/Hipgrave/James/Wallace/Cartwright/Peachey/Fermor/Farmer/Proctor

Salivating.....

That's bloody good to look at indoallstars, what a superb pack if all these signings happen. Also talk of Asiata being in talks with the club too, he wouldn't be bad coming off that bench.

Also just quietly, supposedly the Roosters are keen on keeping Jake Friend for the rest of his career. Wouldn't Sam Verrils look good in a Titans number 9 jersey....

First Grader

Apparently if Cameron Smith plays on next year Harry Grant is free to negotiate with other clubs.

I dare say he will be walking straight into a 700k+ contract

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    That's bloody good to look at indoallstars, what a superb pack if all these signings happen. Also talk of Asiata being in talks with the club too, he wouldn't be bad coming off that bench.

Also just quietly, supposedly the Roosters are keen on keeping Jake Friend for the rest of his career. Wouldn't Sam Verrils look good in a Titans number 9 jersey....
    The roosters don't ever lose a player they want to keep